Bunged up / Tried everything!!

okay! sorry for gross subject but i really need some help over here! i've not gone to toilet since last sunday and over the past few days have literally tried everything to get it to shift. i've got a lot of pain in my stomach, back and er- bottom area. i can feel the wastage sitting there but it just won't come out. i've taken coffee, hot shake, senakot, dulcolax, a suppository, lactulose and a microlax-enema given to me by my gp... still nothing! what makes it worse is every time i pass wind i'm getting overflow which (needless to say) is a little embarrasing.

really hoping someone out there has the answer!!

thanks!

beth xx

Oh dear. I had/have a similar problem and find that it takes 2-3 days of taking a laxative for the blockage to be passed. Some people take a fibre supplement when doing LL just to give them a little more bulk. Ask your LLC about which is the best to use. I find the position you sit whilst on the toilet can help. I put my feet up on a stool (not that kind!!) to change your angle. I do this with my kids when they are suffering too. it really helps them.

Bear in mind that once or twice per week while doing total is not unusual. Think about the amount of food which is in your system. Most of it comes in a package the size on an envelope - not much to be passing out!

Back