Busy day!! Tooooooo busy!! My first Gym sesh!

Precisely my point im just saying my way works for me get tough with yourself. A busy day for me would be not being able to post on here or go to the gym or have a bath. I don't blame her for making the mistake though as it is so hard but coming on here explaining word for word the sandwich she ate then saying she has forgotten about it is not the right way to go about things!!

She has forgotton about it but put it behind her and moved on!!!!!! which is different......... I would imagine she means whats done is done I cant change it but I can change how it will be next time...........

The point you all seem to be missing is that one sandwich won't make any difference in the whole scheme of things! I made a conscious decision to go to a Chinese restaurant last week for a friends birthday and I ate lots (all you can eat - yum!). I went straight back on the packs the next day and at my weigh in had lost 5lb - one of my bigger weekly losses.
Claire - just move on (which I think you probably have done anyway!), it probably didn't make any difference whatsoever!

MM x

i am being positive and my other threads are ways to deal with your wantings. If people are now suggesting that you can eat a meal whenever you want im going to stop using this forum because the whole point in this diet is that you lose weight then disipline yourself afterwards so you dont become like you were in the first place. I dont think its about going to weigh in i believe its about your mind and how you will control it once your slimmer. Of course that sandwich wont make a difference but the menal reprieve will thats why its so important not to give in. and its not just one day you lose its another 3-4!!

I don't totally disagree with your sentiment, I've been on the program for 10 weeks and haven't faultered. However, Claire didn't plan a meal off the program, she listened to her chatterbox and made an error of judgement. I'm not congratulating her on that but I am congratulating her on recognising what happened and why. I also think that the only person that will suffer as a result is Claire herself. I've stuck to it so far but I don't know what may happen further down the line so I'm not prepared to be all pious. I just hope that if things ever go wrong for me that there are people on here to help me understand and get back on track :)

Opinions

You know what they say about opinions. Everyone has one. And not everyone agrees with everyone else. Trying to make other people buy into my opinions would be a pointless exercise.

The most important lesson out of this whole thing is if you stumble and fall get up dust yourself off and keep going.

Won't Claire be surprised when she sees what has transpired on this thread!! :D

Personally, I was offended by someone telling Claire, essentially that was she did was not good enough. Or a 'poor effort' I believe was the terms used. The whole point of this site is to offer support to one another. Isn't it? Well, that to me was not supportive. Have we not taken enough negative flack from others already?

I feel pretty safe in sayng there is not one person here who has been a 'perfect dieter' or knows everything there is to know abuot being successful without making any mistakes. If that were the case, this would be one empty forum.

I would hope if I have a bad day, and like Bex am only in week 4 or myself, so so far it has been easy to be 100%, and I hope to remain that way - but things happen, and people can get caught out. So If and when that happens to me, I would hope to not be told my efforts in the moment were not good enough. If I was told that, I probably would not be as polite as I am trying to be here now.

We cannot judge others by our own standards. What is a busy day for one person, may be a relaxing day for another. What choices we make, our ours, and we own the consequences - being it a portion of 66 quid down the drain, or not getting in to those new trousers for another week. Whatever. It's no one elses business at the end of the day.

Of course this is a site where people want to learn how to change the way the deal with food! That is not rocket science. ANd it is cleary evident that is exactly what has happened to many many successful and inspiring members here. And the point is to offer support, and encouragement. Not to put someone down because they made what someone else interprets as a mistake. Comments about one making too many excuses, etc., should be reserved for the LLC in my opinion, whether or not that person has or has not made excuses.

He or she who presumes to know someone well enough in such a short period of time, in a virtual community, and feels able to tell them what they do wrong rathar then suggest what they might do next time to make it better....well....that just puts me off a little bit. People in glass houses and all that.....

Noone has ever said go eat a meal whenever you want to, and if someone did, if that is enough to drive someone away from a suporttive site like this, I might then question THAT as an excuse.

I have heard enough negative comments in the past about myself, and decisions I have made to last me a lifetime. I do not need a list of positive affirmations followed by a backhanded insult to help me understand why I put what I put in my mouth, and I suspect Claire does not either.

That is my opinion. And my final comment on the matter.

(Now, was that Parent? Adult? Child? ;) )

I can maybe slightly see where lucas was coming from- but kind of handled it in completly the wrong way.
There is no need to attack someone who has quite frankly, along with most of us on here, got an addiction that they are trying to deal with.
Put it ito perspective, If an alcaholic hadnt drank for 100 days and then had a small vodka- would you have the same reaction? No- and we should totally focus on what she has achieved!
Like me, ad BL pointed out Claire is young- and must be finding this whole process so bloody eye opening after being bought up in a society that revolves around food!
She has coped alot longer than my 11 days and your 5 days and i take my hat off to her for that.
The fact that she realised her mistake almost instantly is very admirable and I really dont see what the big deal is. Like someone said- its her problem. She deals with it. If she puts weight on/doesnt loose this week she will learn a lesson and doesnt need nasty remarks.
This website is here for emotional support- not personal attacks.
Maybe it wasn't meant in such away.
But I know that the day I have lost as much as claire and someone is nasty about me reaching for a chicken salad sarnie rather than all the other conveniece food crap out there I will be royally pi@@ed off!
xxx

Well you go to work for a day and look what you miss!

Lucas I do feel you're being unreasonable in the way that you posted - Claire and everyone else here is entitled to phrase their posts in whatever way they please - free world and all that. I find it difficult to believe that someone can take offence with a positive manner of posting what is a negative - that really doesn't make sense. Claire ate the sandwich and then did her best to counteract that by thrashing it about on the badminton court and the gym = that for me is a positive. Possibly at some point (like I have done myself) Claire may have ate that sandwich and then thought 'stuff the diet I've ruined today' and gone on to eat more (Claire honey I really don't mean to put words into your mouth/say you've ever done that - just using it as an example). Now to me that would have been a negative as it has been when I've done that - but Claire didn't, she turned the whole thing around and that's always a positive in my opinion. The work was done in her mind and she did the best with her body to reinforce that and I commend her for that.

You'll also find that some peoples styles of writing are the same either positive or negative - I've seen very positive posts about things that have gone wrong and I've seen negative sounding posts about what really is a positive but just not positive enough for the poster ---- each to their own. That is one of the joys in a forum such as this, you learn from each other, gain help from each other and you do this by also realising the differences between us all.

Sorry Lucas but if you do leave the forum over this it really is your loss and I'd hate you to miss out on what we all gain from this site.

ok i agree, no body congratulated her on eating a sandwich i did'nt mean for that to be taken literally, but for me her day did'nt seem that busy and she was making excuses i think its good i offer a different approach from everyone saying the same thing. I believe to achieve your goal you have to be 100 percent disciplined. I understand there may be lapses for many people but im just saying that its not the best idea to post a positive thread when you have done something very negative its just covering up what the issue.

:confused: can I just say :eek:

My day WAS busy... mainly from travelling from one place to another and having to fit in meetings between an interview and getting bk 2 work (which is in central london, and drivin in that traffic is a nightmare) now on to the point of blaming my busy-ness for eating... now im not sure if i done that... if i did then I obviously wrote it wrong... I ate because I hadn't had a pack all day and thought I SHOULD put SOMETHING in my stomach. Luckily enough I stayed in ketosis and I'm over it (As I said, I never felt guilty at the time) and that is the main thing. Just because I, at that time made the choice to eat... doesn't mean I have to dwell on it and act as though the world is about to end right this minute.

I ate... Big deal :mad:

Well you go to work for a day and look what you miss!

Lucas I do feel you're being unreasonable in the way that you posted - Claire and everyone else here is entitled to phrase their posts in whatever way they please - free world and all that. I find it difficult to believe that someone can take offence with a positive manner of posting what is a negative - that really doesn't make sense. Claire ate the sandwich and then did her best to counteract that by thrashing it about on the badminton court and the gym = that for me is a positive. Possibly at some point (like I have done myself) Claire may have ate that sandwich and then thought 'stuff the diet I've ruined today' and gone on to eat more (Claire honey I really don't mean to put words into your mouth/say you've ever done that - just using it as an example). Now to me that would have been a negative as it has been when I've done that - but Claire didn't, she turned the whole thing around and that's always a positive in my opinion. The work was done in her mind and she did the best with her body to reinforce that and I commend her for that.

You'll also find that some peoples styles of writing are the same either positive or negative - I've seen very positive posts about things that have gone wrong and I've seen negative sounding posts about what really is a positive but just not positive enough for the poster ---- each to their own. That is one of the joys in a forum such as this, you learn from each other, gain help from each other and you do this by also realising the differences between us all.

Sorry Lucas but if you do leave the forum over this it really is your loss and I'd hate you to miss out on what we all gain from this site.

:eek::eek::eek: Thanks everyone 4 ur support (including lucasflu) im sure u all have good intentions, however u word it but lets just say they didn't have the desired effect :rolleyes: (no I haven't eaten b4 u ask!)

What's done is done and its done and well.., whatever :p

Claire

glad you've had a better (more organised) day than yesterday .... and yippeee to being still in ketosis.

Don't let anything get you down :D

Is it a bad reflection on me that in all the seriousness of this thread the thing that caught my attention was...... You work in a Fire Station! Lucky Lucky Girl lol x x :jelous:

I am a new starter this thursday and feel for you and your busy working life. You should not be admonished for your slip like others have said, you have worked hard so far and should be encouraged to progress further. Take care and keep your very hard work up. By the looks of your pics you look younger and fresher and healthier so keep looking at your weekly progress and that will keep you motivated. Wishing you well and keep it up. You are an inspiration to me who is about to embark on this life changing experiance.:)

Is it a bad reflection on me that in all the seriousness of this thread the thing that caught my attention was...... You work in a Fire Station! Lucky Lucky Girl lol x x :jelous:

haha... i didnt even realise i wrote that! but yes... I suppose I am quite lucky :p and the main thing... 4.5 stone down and theyre startin 2 notice that i exist!! LOL! :D:D:D

I am a new starter this thursday and feel for you and your busy working life. You should not be admonished for your slip like others have said, you have worked hard so far and should be encouraged to progress further. Take care and keep your very hard work up. By the looks of your pics you look younger and fresher and healthier so keep looking at your weekly progress and that will keep you motivated. Wishing you well and keep it up. You are an inspiration to me who is about to embark on this life changing experiance.:)

thank you lola... I can honestly say that despite my "mistakes" i have learnt from every one of them and this is the best thing I have ever done :rolleyes: although I am only 21 :D

:eek: I have this vision of being about 30... slim... successful... confident... and then having kids and being able to tell them (when they r older) mummy used to be double the size she is now ;)

Back