Buttonboots....My Journal....(or I will be half the woman I am now!)

The trackers are either
Lilyslim.co.uk or ?factory . Sorry mind has just gone blank . Ooh ticker factory

Well done on the loss. I switched to digital scales as they are easier to read.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Definitely digital are best, I got a salter set on eBay for £11 plus about £3 postage, they're great!

Hope you sorted your ticker out I can't tell from my phone. And 3lbs is great & look at it this way within another couple of weeks it will be 19 something & you'll never see that 20 again xx

I tried the Quorn sausages last night....I wasn't overly impressed! The mash worked well - especially as I added garlic...I LOVE garlic!....but I thought the texture of the sausages was a little too smooth. I like a coarse, meaty sausage! I've got a couple left which I'm having tonight wth a sort of veggie rssotto. - I'll add plenty of chilli because the suasages were bland too!

When I go to Morrisons next week I'll have a look for those nume sausages. (I get taken to Morrisons one week and Lidls the next - so I need to plan my shopping!)

I'm also looking for a decent savoury snack.....to take the place of crisps. Even the 'healthy eating' varieties seem to be on the high end for fat. ....Although I bought a packet of wheat crispbreads and have found that sometimes crunching a couple of those - dry, no butter or cheese! - can satisfy a longong for crisps!

I'm also going to have to be careful of the TV I watch....I love my cookery shows...I watched the Great British Bake Off yesterday....ohhhh I was drooling at those rum babas!

Pretzels!!! They were my saviour honey, I'm or should I say I was an absolute crispaholic & it's all that got me through. Watch the flavoured ones though as some of them are above 5g/100g.

WW sausages are within the rules too & are nice. Also M&S count on us (I'm going to get some today) & sainsburys also do one within the rules which are lovely on the BBQ!

As Lexie says pretzels are great but check them first as some are higher than others. The m and s count on us crisp are ok as are caramel snack a jacks. It depends on how much of a crisp o holic you are as to whether they fill the crisp hole. I'm not so I like them. There's also a strangely nice chocolate popcorn . I bought it in wait rose but it's not their make so I'm sure you can get it other places

The popcorn is metcalfs skinny popcorn (also available at Sainsburys) & its lovely!!!!

M&S count on us salt & vinegar crisps fill the gap - take that from a crispaholic but they aren't cheap (seem to remember they are about 85p a bag)

Sainsbury's is not a shopping option for me....we don't have one close enough. The same goes for Waitrose.

I am on disability but once a week a lovely friend takes me shopping to either Morrisons or Lidls.

On a 'good' day I can grab my stick and get on the bus to M&S....but only for small things as I still need to schlepp the bag back to the bus-stop!

But I shall certainly try the M&S sausages....and the count-on-us salt and vinegar crisps will go on my list too!

Caramel Snack-a-Jacks....oh YES! I discovered them last week in the newsagents...I had to try a pack and went back for more! They certainly satisfy a sweet craving...and last a good long while... perfect for when I'm watching NCIS and drooling over Gibbs! It's a shame that the sour-cream and chive flavour are so much higher in fat.

I am waiting for the local newsagents to complain...I have a feeling that I was single-handedly keeping them afloat during the recession with my snack addiction! They have probably noticed a huge drop in income since I started eating sensibly!

Hi Buttonboots! I started out eating a lot of low cal crisps, but have now replaced them with a dozen almonds - much healthier, and I love them. xx

I might consider switching to almonds later....when I can trust myself to stop at 12!

I am still at the start of healthy eating/weight loss....and while things are going much smoother than I expected (famous last words ?!) I am fairly certain that an open packet of almonds would be an empty one! At least crisps come in handy one-serving packs....they also come in the big family sized packs but of course I would never open one of those and scoff the lot myself (not any more!)

Oh....and don't nuts contain a lot of fat? Would they work as a snack on the xenical eating plan?

Buttonboots said:
I might consider switching to almonds later....when I can trust myself to stop at 12!

I am still at the start of healthy eating/weight loss....and while things are going much smoother than I expected (famous last words ?!) I am fairly certain that an open packet of almonds would be an empty one! At least crisps come in handy one-serving packs....they also come in the big family sized packs but of course I would never open one of those and scoff the lot myself (not any more!)

Oh....and don't nuts contain a lot of fat? Would they work as a snack on the xenical eating plan?

Hiya! I buy small packs of almonds from Tesco which are about 300 cals a pack, then split a pack into 3 and bag them separately, so I have handy little 100 cal snacks! As for the fat content, I don't look at that, never have, only calories. I've never had any problems (except on occasions when it's obvious I would, like when I had a Christmas treat of an all you can eat Pizza Hut buffet! Now if I am planning anything like that I stop taking Orlistat for a few days beforehand). I eat almonds and sometimes cashews every day, with no problems whatsoever. The 5% fat thing is a recommendation, not a hard and fast rule. xx

PS. I would, of course, say go carefully in terms of finding out how much fat you can eat, lol. I just work on the basis that if I eat within my calories the fat will be fine, even though it's often way over 5%. xx

Which to be honest isn't the most sensible way to go about it :) sorry Tracy :) you could eat some high calorie high fat meals especially fast food within your cals but still get tangoed.

toofatkat said:
Which to be honest isn't the most sensible way to go about it :) sorry Tracy :) you could eat some high calorie high fat meals especially fast food within your cals but still get tangoed.

Well, obviously - I mean if you eat sensibly within your calories, like I do, I'm not stupid, lol. All I'm saying is don't write off healthy things like nuts just because they're higher fat, when chances are you'll be perfectly fine.

Incidentally, the patient information leaflet that comes with Teva Orlistat only mentions sticking to a diet which gets 30% of its calories from fat on average, so it may be that it differs from the Roche Xenical in some way. :) xx

I'm not ruling out healthy fats, I eat nuts and even avocado. It's just that there are some people who dont know how to differentiate and think a big mac is fine if it's within their cals

Actually, this is quite interesting (maybe only if you're an accountant like me, but still) - if you take my little 50g bag of almonds, it has 14g of fat, and 315 calories. The fat % by weight is 28%, and therefore five+ times over the old 5% Xenical guideline, but in terms of % of calories, if you assume the standard 9 calories per gram of fat, it comes to 40%, which is only 1.3 times the amount advised in the Teva leaflet. Sorry, I know you've all nodded off, but working things out like that is what 27 years in the accountancy profession will do to you, lol. ;) xx

toofatkat said:
I'm not ruling out healthy fats, I eat nuts and even avocado. It's just that there are some people who dont know how to differentiate and think a big mac is fine if it's within their cals

I know, I was just explaining the approach I've taken for the last 12 months, that you don't have to be too rigid as long as you're sensible; I wouldn't eat a Big Mac in a million years! xx

See whereas when I was on xen I didn't eat above the 5g rule apart from my gravy at 5.8% cos I was too scared lol

Back