Buttonboots....My Journal....(or I will be half the woman I am now!)

toofatkat said:
I agree this girl has lost the plot! I noticed she hadn't replied so I'm hoping she read the replies and realised what she was doing

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Let's hope so, but I'm not convinced she'd be that open to reason from what she'd said! x

No sounds like she was determined not to eat. Could be a troll though

Got myself weighed this morning...swithered between 20stone 2pounds and 20 Stone 3 pounds.....so that's a pound less than last week.

There's a part of me that s frustrated....I can put on five or six pounds without thinking about it! Why is it so much harder to lose it!!!!

There is a possible additional factor to consider. I am going to be 51 soon (okay....it's this week...eeeeeek!)and my body decided some months ago that my 'monthlies' would be every two or three months...and the last one was two months ago...just my luck if I'm retaining water ready for a 'surprise' in a day or so! .....which would actually be great as I might show a better loss next week when the water goes!

Whatever the cause, this is a pound off. As I said last week....this is is one pound (another two packs of butter!) that I will never see again!

Yes, I'd have liked to lose more....but I refuse to be disheartened...and i absolutely refuse to listen to the voice that tells me that the newsagents is still open and a family sized bar of Dairy Milk will make me feel better!.....I treated myself to a fresh mango last week...I shall tuck into that....it will taste much nicer than chocolate!

I'm also going to try to get to Boots and stand on their very noisy scales tomorrow or Tuesday...just to see if they show a similar weight loss.

(.....yes I love tomatoes....especially the cherry ones...and I add loads of freshly ground black pepper.....no salt!)

(TracyGWill....I lived in Stafford itself....and worked in a number of places...Stafford, Cannock, Birmingham (Alum Rock),....but when I worked, it was with disaffected teens mostly, and the team I worked with travelled around a bit to get to the youngsters)

By the way, I know you're not doing calorie counting as such, but do you know roughly how many calories a day you're eating? It's just that if you do get consistently small losses in the future, it could be that you're not actually eating enough, daft as that can sound. I started off on 1800 cals a day, and a year on still have 1400-1500 - it's important to start higher and have some scope for reduction, as 1200 is the lowest you should ever go. xx

Today is going to be a little bit of a challenge.....it's my birthday!

I don't make much of a fuss, but there is usually lots of cake! At least two or three different kinds - often more! Cheesecake....Gateaus...Sponge Cakes...Creamy Cakes....Buttercream Filled...Fresh Cream Filled...Layered Cakes....The idea is that friends/family drop by and everyone who passes is offered coffee and cake (even the postman!)...it's a German thing I think! (And the Germans make the best caks!)

Mum has offered a solution....she has made a fat-free sponge (well it's actually very-low fat not fat-free....there is egg in it)....and piled it high with fresh strawberries. This will be the cake I have a slice of!...Well, you can't have a birthday with no cake at all!....I will enjoy one slice and love every last crumb...and that is it! There will be no taking home all the leftovers as has been known in the past....

Buttonboots said:
Today is going to be a little bit of a challenge.....it's my birthday!

I don't make much of a fuss, but there is usually lots of cake! At least two or three different kinds - often more! Cheesecake....Gateaus...Sponge Cakes...Creamy Cakes....Buttercream Filled...Fresh Cream Filled...Layered Cakes....The idea is that friends/family drop by and everyone who passes is offered coffee and cake (even the postman!)...it's a German thing I think! (And the Germans make the best caks!)

Mum has offered a solution....she has made a fat-free sponge (well it's actually very-low fat not fat-free....there is egg in it)....and piled it high with fresh strawberries. This will be the cake I have a slice of!...Well, you can't have a birthday with no cake at all!....I will enjoy one slice and love every last crumb...and that is it! There will be no taking home all the leftovers as has been known in the past....

Happy birthday! You should definitely have some cake - being able to have treats on special occasions is important. Have a lovely day! xx

Happy birthday...

Reading back through your diary did make me giggle, with the maths.... I went all boss eyed at one point.. Lol

Hope the cake is nice, and that is so true about the mango tasting so much nicer..I just need to remember that sometimes and not buy the chocolate bar.

You are doing well and as you say it's another pound off that you wont see again...

My birthday cake was good! The low/no-fat sponge was a little dry, but there were loads of juicy strawberries on top! And hey...it was CAKE!

I tried a new recipe for curry yesterday...loads of veg (I'm not vegetarian but often eat no-meat meals) and quite spicy....no coconut milk!...no oil...I had a taste as it was cooking and it tasted rather yum! I've put a couple of portions in the freezer and will have one for my dinner tonight...in front of X-Factor....It's not quite the same as my usual creamy curry - with rice and chips and naan!..(I'll have it with plain boiled rice!)...but it should hit the spot.

So...it's Sunday again...and that means weighing!

The scales hovered between 20 stone and 20 stone 1 pound...I'll log this as 20 Stone 1 pound...which is a loss of 2 pounds...not bad when it includes my birthday!

I have moved my scales into the bathroom..the floor is more solid there (no carpet) so hopefully the reading will be more accurate!

I have to see the GP this week....coming to the end of my first month - and need a repeat prescription...oh I loathe going to see him! Still, I hope he comments favourably on the 6 pound loss...he's quick enough to moan about the amount I put on!

Well done honey, I am sure your Dr will be pleased, 2lb a week average is a good steady weight loss & he should be pleased with that, Just think if you do another 2lbs this week you will have rid of that 20st something & be 19st something which is always exciting when you drop down, who cares what the number are after is you are 19st something lol x

Well done on the loss, and if the dr isn't happy I would slap him.. ( I wouldn't really but I really would want to lol)

I didn't have to slap him!....He was quite reasonable - for him!...he weighed me (by his scales I have lost 3kg in 4 weeks) ..told me this was 'good' (WOW!....he said good!) and checked how I was coping - any side-efffects. ...He then signed a new presceiption for another month of the blue capsules...another check up in 4 weeks...and 4 weeks after that...and then he says if I've lost the stone he'll start writing 8-week prescriptions.

So...I've just got to keep sticking to it...and let's see if I can't be under the 20s for the weekend!

That's great. Hope you can get a supply

Well done, glad the doc was happy. Mine eventually put Orlistat onto my repeat prescription (for all the good that currently does me, lol). Keep up the good work! xx

Back