Buttonboots....My Journal....(or I will be half the woman I am now!)

Lexie2005 said:
See whereas when I was on xen I didn't eat above the 5g rule apart from my gravy at 5.8% cos I was too scared lol

I must be too weak willed, lol, but both our approaches seem to have worked for us, eh? xx

The leaflet I have - it is a TEVA leaflet - says 30% fat distributed evenly over my three main meals. It also says no fat should be in snacks. So, I make that 10% in each of my three meals. (And I'm a mathematician too!)

I know I have to be extra careful with my diet...I cannot use up extra calories in exercise, so I'm doing my best to stick to the leaflet guidelines. Also, I am determined to give these tablets the best possible chance! I am going to lose weight this time!

I had a packet of the M&S Salt and Vinegar snacks at lunchtime (along with an extra-lean ham on granary sandwich, salad and an apple....not just the snacks!)...they were rather good! Not the same texture as crisps...but certainly something I will buy again!

Weighing again tomorrow!

They're yummy aren't they, I treat myself on the Monday after payday to M&S food for my 10 hour shift at work.... I have to say I think it's horrendous how little advice we get from Drs, if I'd not found this site I dread to think how many accidents i'd have had!!!

Buttonboots said:
The leaflet I have - it is a TEVA leaflet - says 30% fat distributed evenly over my three main meals. It also says no fat should be in snacks. So, I make that 10% in each of my three meals. (And I'm a mathematician too!)

I know I have to be extra careful with my diet...I cannot use up extra calories in exercise, so I'm doing my best to stick to the leaflet guidelines. Also, I am determined to give these tablets the best possible chance! I am going to lose weight this time!

I had a packet of the M&S Salt and Vinegar snacks at lunchtime (along with an extra-lean ham on granary sandwich, salad and an apple....not just the snacks!)...they were rather good! Not the same texture as crisps...but certainly something I will buy again!

Weighing again tomorrow!

It won't mean 10% each meal, just that the calories you eat in a day should be made up of 30% fat on average. xx

TracyGWill said:
It won't mean 10% each meal, just that the calories you eat in a day should be made up of 30% fat on average. xx

If you ate 10% of your calories as fat at each of three meals, your daily average wouldn't be 30%, it would be 10%. xx

Lets do some Maths!......

Assume I am going to eat 1500 Kcals a day. (Simply because 1500 makes the maths easy!....and let's face it we mathematicians like to make things easy when we can!)
30% come from fat = 450Kcal

Now, assume I divide my Kcals and nutrients evenly over 3 meals...
Each meal has 500 Kcals and 150 of those comes from fat.

150 is 10% of 1500, so 10% of my daily fat Kcals are in each meal
(But also 150 is 30% of 500....so 30% of each meal's Kcals comes from fat)

Lol :) me neither. :) I'll stick to the 5% and no more than 45% fat in a day :)
Apart from my choc. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Buttonboots said:
Lets do some Maths!......

Assume I am going to eat 1500 Kcals a day. (Simply because 1500 makes the maths easy!....and let's face it we mathematicians like to make things easy when we can!)
30% come from fat = 450Kcal

Now, assume I divide my Kcals and nutrients evenly over 3 meals...
Each meal has 500 Kcals and 150 of those comes from fat.

150 is 10% of 1500, so 10% of my daily fat Kcals are in each meal
(But also 150 is 30% of 500....so 30% of each meal's Kcals comes from fat)

Aah, well that makes sense, but that's still having 30% of each meal's calories as fat, which was what I was saying - let's just put it down to crossed wires, eh?! :) Friends?? :) I was just thinking you weren't going to be eating enough fat, which means the Orlistat becomes redundant, lol.

By the way, as I may have mentioned to you over on WEMITTS, I can't exercise either, so it's been 100% dietary control for me too - it's very possible, so stay strong! xx

Friends?...of course! We mathematicians need to stick together!

I post on here because I want people to pick up on things I might be doing wrong! As well as for a YAY! when I get things right!....I'm really only a couple of weeks into Xenical, so I'm bound to make a few mistakes!

And I used to live in North Staffs before I moved to the East Coast!

Buttonboots said:
Friends?...of course! We mathematicians need to stick together!

I post on here because I want people to pick up on things I might be doing wrong! As well as for a YAY! when I get things right!....I'm really only a couple of weeks into Xenical, so I'm bound to make a few mistakes!

And I used to live in North Staffs before I moved to the East Coast!

That's a relief, I always worry that I might upset people on here, as some of them don't seem to have a sense of humour or welcome friendly advice, lol. (Not on the Orlistat forum, some of the others!).

We do seem to have a fair bit in common, including age! I wouldn't describe myself as a mathematician exactly (my degree was in English), but as I said, 27 years as an accountant has led to a necessary grasp of numbers (especially things like percentages and ratios!).

Whereabouts in North Staffs did you live? I'm in Newcastle-Under-Lyme. Other than four years in Brum as a student, I've lived here all my life.

I'll be getting my two monthly weigh in next week, so will probably update my sorry excuse for a diary! xxx

Must admit I prefer this forum . The support on here is fantastic

toofatkat said:

I agree. I quite like the Tough Love thread on the General Weight Loss forum, as the level of brutal honesty can be refreshing, lol, but some of the others can be a bit off-putting! xx

toofatkat said:

Here here, i occassionally post on wemitts & cc forums but I suppose it may be cos I post more on here but I get more response x

Lexie2005 said:
Here here, i occassionally post on wemitts & cc forums but I suppose it may be cos I post more on here but I get more response x

Yes, WEMITTS is quite good too, with it being for people with a lot to lose, like me (dare I say us?!).

I was terrified to the core the other day, by that girl(?) on the General forum who said she felt ill because she'd given up food, and was there anything she could do other than start eating again - WTF??? xx

If you like crisps, and are craving something salty, then a bowl of chopped tomatoes is amaaaazing!

I NEVER put tomatoes in the fridge, and when i want some, i slice them and put loads of salt on (must admit its my only over-salting in my diet)

I used to have this with a bit of mayo, but i'm avoiding that for just now and just having the tomatoes. It's honestly soooo tasty! I can eat a pack of 6 just watching telly at night, so much better than the old crisps ;)

TracyGWill said:
Yes, WEMITTS is quite good too, with it being for people with a lot to lose, like me (dare I say us?!).

I was terrified to the core the other day, by that girl(?) on the General forum who said she felt ill because she'd given up food, and was there anything she could do other than start eating again - WTF??? xx

I agree this girl has lost the plot! I noticed she hadn't replied so I'm hoping she read the replies and realised what she was doing

Back