Step 1 Sole Source By July I must be at Target!

Heya hun iv liked the ones iv had so far orange choc, mint choc, vanilla and tetra choc i actually like all of hem even tried the veg soup tonight for my third pack.

I love the tetras so creamy ❤️And the choc mint think :) x

So, I'm really under the weather and this is because I have broken down and cheated my a*** off. :(. You don't want to know the sort of stuff I've been eating. I'm so disappointed in myself. I think I'm going to take a short break to get myself back on track, I need to do some soul searching as to why this happened. I will be back, though. I must have reached my target by July and this just has to go down the right way. Today is Saturday, Sunday still needs to be gotten through and whatever happens, I must get my mojo back by Monday.

Feel so blue, been snapping at everyone - very touchy grouchy and upset at everything generally at the moment. :flamingmade:

Heya hun iv liked the ones iv had so far orange choc, mint choc, vanilla and tetra choc i actually like all of hem even tried the veg soup tonight for my third pack.

I love the tetras so creamy ❤️And the choc mint think :) x

Choc mint is also my favorite. I heard if you're versatile with the meals you have a much higher chance of success on the plan so go for it girl!!! :0clapper:

So....I'm back! I've been busy trying very, very hard to get back on track; I think I am now :D, but I need to adjust my targets, they are no longer realistic. I should be hoping to barely scratch 90 at the end of July and that seems more realistic, ho hum...this means the goal to 80 may continue to September at this rate. Yes, my cheat episode added back a few kg's unfortunately. Ah well, at least I'm closer to 90 now than 100, so let's celebrate that any-hoo :)

....Also, if it's in order to celebrate being "overweight" and not "obese" according to that confounded BMI scale, then congratulations are in order, shey? abi? or what do you think....:D:D:D

Congratulations hunii ❤️❤️And well done on ur journey so far :) glad ur back :).

I had evil demon thoughts in my head about food yesterday and my scales stupid scales have said 14.0 monday tuesday n this morning so gutted isnt even the word but thanks to summer chics words willsticknto it for a few more weeks to see if this works its so weird in my head i know it works but its the lack of first week results so far that is daunting me first weigh in saturday with a new consultnat u got this hun :) xxx

Hey Julychic,

I think I plagerised part of your name with mine lol... hope you don't mind, but happy to stick with Summer

So glad to hear back from you. I tried this a few months back never managed to get into the swing of it. It's taken 3 months for me to really get my act together to get this far so hoping to stay on track with you and Priya and all. The other ladies on this forum.

The weeks will fly by I'm sure of it for you Priya after your first weigh in. For all of us.

Keep up with the changing recipe hacks July chic love those ideas of yours

xxx

Hey Julychic,

I think I plagerised part of your name with mine lol... hope you don't mind, but happy to stick with Summer

So glad to hear back from you. I tried this a few months back never managed to get into the swing of it. It's taken 3 months for me to really get my act together to get this far so hoping to stay on track with you and Priya and all. The other ladies on this forum.

The weeks will fly by I'm sure of it for you Priya after your first weigh in. For all of us.

Keep up with the changing recipe hacks July chic love those ideas of yours

xxx

Heheheh Plagiarize awayyyyy!!!:D I actually like your name concept too!!!

Yes, mixing stuff up (but within the rules, though) gives me stuff to do to keep busy and stay on track, as long as there's something to look forward to food-wise, so it's food hacking all the way. Although as soon as stall city starts looming, it's time to pull in all the shenanigans and stick to the basics - shakes/soups/porridge plus water in their natural form :rolleyes: #boring:p

Hi Priyab2222!!! Hope you didn't give in to those demons heheheh. As much as I also have become enslaved to the scale, weighing every morning, stark naked, despite all good intentions as well as all the advice out there to not do this and stick to weighing once a week (who actually does that anyway:rolleyes:), I still have it at the back of my mind that anything I see on the scale is tentative and nothing to lose sleep over - at least until I see my consultant on Saturday; that's the official weight and that's the one that counts :D.

Are you planning to go low carb after reaching target? How do you plan to maintain all this weight loss at the end of it all? I used to eat low carb before starting sole source and even though it helped me from ballooning, I still packed on pounds which is why I'm here actually. What other maintenance plan works; I wanna start researching now against whenever I decide to end this torture on minimins.

Heyaa hun i will be maintaining by going back to my beloved 5/2 two days of 500 cals it helped me lsoe 2 :stone but just didnt give me the inch loss i wanted in 9 weeks defo good for maintenance :) xxx

5/2 sounds good. So how many calories do you have during the 5 days? and for the 2 days of 500, is it from Cambridge shakes or what do you eat for that too?

I used to get the marks and spencer ready meals for my fast days or just make a omlette im terrible with calorie counting so on my non fast days i just used to try and eat within a eight hour window instead of having a free for all day.

I prefer things already counted for me tbh. Rather then trying to count things from
Scratch lazy way out but quite a few ppp prefer that there is a 5/2 page on fb actually there is quite a few so tons of supprt n even on here :).

I used to love it as it used to give me such a nice balance n on some weeks used to do three fasts a week so like monday tuesday and thursdays so wouldnt have to over think that much over weekends n date nites which is wednesdays most of the time xx

There is so much variety as well there is evrry other say wich i found to be bit too much then there is two fasts a week which u can one day after the other or one on one day n then another one later on in the day but u can nevr do three in a row as thats meant to be bad but still lot of otpiosn thereis even just eat within a 8'hour window so least ur fasting partnofnthe day evry day of the week called 16:8 fasting :) x

Last edited:
Awesome idea Priyab2222!!! I used to hate fasting once upon a time; but ever since I heard about fasting on Keto and the 16:8 and other methods of fasting, I actually was able to do that but I didn't see any weight loss. I actually came off one before coming back onto Cambridge in frustration. I guess I'm quite too much metabolically resistant to food generally so vlcd is the only way to shift weight. But I sure will go back to fasting too when I'm through - you've reminded me how easy it is once you're keto adapted anyway hahahah. Seems so long 've been on sole source now. But you know something, since I've gotten so used to having lovely keto food at the end of a fast it has simply messed up Ramadan for me; tried to fast for the first few days of Ramadan but simply gave it up; feel very bad for doing so, but 'm really desperate to lose this weight so I stick to the time intervals and water drinking. It's all over now (at least by Sunday) so the guilty feeling will leave and can stop sneaking around to have my shakes (ssshhhhh:oops:)

Aww bless u i didnt even do keto had carbs n what not on my non fast days haha.

Used to lose like 2lb a week and was happy with thst just wasnt happy witb the lack of inch loss.

I had thought if i fasted along with my bf as he is fasting for ramadan to show bit of moral support i would shrink but nope nothing lol hence why am on cambridge diet now ont he hope that i will shrink along with the losses on the scales.

Blame al the subways lol and nachos haha and greggs i think.

Aww ur in the zone we can do this iv said a 30 days challenge going on in my diary ifnu want to hold accountable just tell 100 percent day and what dya ur on x

I've been lurking around a bit too depressed to post since July is here and I'm not at target. :(.

Ok, so I'm posting at this moment, right, - so by implication I'm not as depressed at this particular moment as I was on the 1st of the month. And this is just because I have realized it's still possible to reach my revised target of 90 by the 22nd so let's work to that then. :)

I won't be posting as much, but I'm still here one way or another - I can't do without being on the board, and all progress so far is credited to minimins.

Till next time I post, whenever that is...:rolleyes:

Hi Julychic,

Am sorry you're feeling down. This is a tough plan, I've failed miserably when I first tried it a few months ago. It's hard to get you head in the game. I know you want to achieve you goal. You will believe that there's nothing else you want and you will reach your goals.

I've a long way to go, I'll be on this plan for months... I've been using your ideas with the mix and mouse and shakes, the chocolate and banana mousse with added stevia raspberry and chocolate. It's so yum I don't feel like I'm on a diet. I use the banana shakes for ice lollies as well. As I have 4 products - one shake can make 3 ramekin deserts then I get 3 meals too ... I've been adding wasabi paste to my meals and the golden vegetable ... just a nice kick

Thinking of you

xxx

So today is my birthday. It's finally here!!!. No I'm not at target and I was not going to come here today but a comment from the hubster has renewed my confidence so I'm still in the race no doubt but at my own pace. He asked me for a picture he could post on Facebook and he rejected the shot I took yesterday for just this purpose. Imagine! So .....miffed; I ask him to explain why the pic can't fly and guess what he ssid? He said I look too skinny! Boy did he or didn't he not make my day and he was dead serious!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULYCHIC !!!!

Am so happy you came back to say hi and even happier you're hubby's words have spurred you on. You go lady. I think a lot of us are flagging s little, it's to be expected. We've all been on plan a long time and I defy anyone who says they've been totally strict.

We've all had a few cheats (innocent roll eyes to heaven ... ;) lol ...)

Keep going do you not want to be where you want to be for Xmas and dazzle in that sexy number for all the garherings ;) ;)

Keep at it. I've around another 68lbd to lose.. my weight was up and down this last week inbetween weigh ins I was sick for a few days with cold... lost some but put it all on again hahaha, but still on track and lower than last weigh in. Need to get down another few pounds officially and hit that forst 21lbs in total. 22lbs is 1/4 of the way and my first of 4 Mini targets

So jump on board this train lady, after a lovely birthday lunch and cake of course. It's your birthday dang it

xxxxx

Happy belated skinny birthday Julychic! Hope you had a super day. I like your husband's back-handed compliment. :) We're all waiting for you to get back and join us.

Hi JulyChic,

How have you been, officially into August and hopefully you're still in the race. It would be so great to hear from you. Still a few of us here. Nai is one of the first to have reached her goal.
Her wedding is this weekend I think.. or last. hopefully you're keeping tabs on us.

Keep us updated on how you are.

xxx

Back