Step 1 Sole Source By July I must be at Target!

I'm guessing these sort of scale stubbornness issues I'm having are peculiar to people under BMI 30 - I'm currently close to BMI 28 and hoping to get to BMI 24.5 at the most, so I'm just putting a bit of perspective here for myself. I guess I should adjust my expectations. I know I feel so bad when people record whopping scale movements while my scale barely crawls - and that's when it's not recycling the same few kg's :rolleyes:. But don't consider these out of context my friend...many of these people have whopping BMI's too ;)

Meanwhile I can see cobwebs forming all over the minimin's threads - do I hear a cricket somewhere in the distance? Wonder where everyone is. I'm guessing at the bacon and egg keto party; coz I heard that's where the cool kids are...:rolleyes:

Not too encouraging seeing many of the Cambridge threads still stuck in the 2013/14/15's... hope we aren't seeing the regular fad cycle repeating itself. Well we who know that weight related issues (bordering on health) don't simply go away. They need to be managed. Probably for life. We are not into fads, we are into solutions. And we know and understand that support is very, very, key to any serious activity that impacts on life; that is if we do expect such lifestyle interventions to last.

Just my 2cents (or 2 kobo as we say here) and hoping this will encourage someone somewhere to keep taking advantage of this wonderful resource called minimins that has helped millions achieve weightloss goals...:)

Last edited:
hoping for a whoosh on the scale this weekend. This non-scale shift is getting real old real fast. :(

Another day full of lots of energy!!! I blew red on the ketonix contraption I have from another life, another era, another world...:rolleyes: (google it if you wanna know about it, it's not a rabbit hole I want to delve into on this thread) and it simply proves I'm in ketosis. Well, yes it's rather late to just be expecting to be in ketosis after all this while as this is 4th week in May already, but the non scale movements are getting me worried enough to want to test anyway just to be sure. I can already tell from the increased energy though so the red flashes are just secondary proof. Yeyyy for Ketosis :p

Hi Julychic, been following your posts.

Congrats for all you've lost so far! The scales have to move down if you're in ketosis!

Hi Julychic, been following your posts.

Congrats for all you've lost so far! The scales have to move down if you're in ketosis!

Thanks, yes I believe so, and I'm so looking forward to this week's weigh in too! How's it been with you so far? Hope you're having better luck than I'm having :)

That's good! What day is your weigh in?

I'm doing quite well, lost just over a stone in 5 weeks so I can't complain. I did the CWP back in 2013 and my weight loss was faster then, not sure if the new products or my body acting up haha.

Just need to keep going...the weekends are by far the hardest for me!

That's good! What day is your weigh in?

I'm doing quite well, lost just over a stone in 5 weeks so I can't complain. I did the CWP back in 2013 and my weight loss was faster then, not sure if the new products or my body acting up haha.

Just need to keep going...the weekends are by far the hardest for me!

Wow a whole stone!!! I'm envying you right now girl! Well done...and remember, what goes off stays off this time :D. I guess that's really more important in the long run; so make every loss count!!!

Someone said somewhere that the body gets smarter the 2nd time around and is more reluctant to dump the weight than it was the first time. Then also the good ole aging process is expected to slow down metabolism also contributing to slow weight loss. Very annoying!!!

Meanwhile you said something interesting on the new products - could they really be the cause of the stalls?

Aw thank you! I've still got a long way to go so not celebrating yet!! Yes very true.

Ohh that's interesting - probably the case.

Yes I think Cambridge had to comply with an EU regulation which meant upping the calories and carbs slightly. I don't think it's anything too dramatic, however might have a minor impact on the rate of weight loss?

@ellengrace you're absolutely right!

And to think this increase in carbs and calories is coming at a time when Carbs are being Demonized the world over :rolleyes:

Well, I'm still a firm believer in calories in vs calories out;and as long as I know I'm spending much more than I'm taking in, so I really don't mind the additional stuff in the cwp meals. I can live with that :D

Weigh in Saturday: Scale still crawling - I'm just about hitting the 95kg mark, so May target may not 100% be reached, but at least I've lost almost 5kg :)

(cup half full cup half empty cup half full cap half empty cup half full cup half empty cup half full cup half empty..........:whacky068:)

Another week on the routine - there was a holiday here yesterday, so I took the kids out to a movie and for some reason it was quite torturous watching them munch through the movie regular snacks - yes they had all the works - soda, popcorn, hotdogs - complete with ice cream :eek:- and I say torturous coz it's not usually a problem for me to be around junk and sugar laden 'treats', so what gives? Seems this diet is getting old really really fast for me to have any feeling at all towards movie munchies, guess I better dump this weight quick and get on with life. Well it could be worse right? I could weigh 100kg - yes, very easily, so suck it up so you don't need to ever suck it in again hahaha...

Maple pecan porridge down the hatch this morning already with some other fruity and chocolatey variants to 'attempt' to spice up my day later on....ho hum :rolleyes:

They watched Sing, by the way - and I'm struggling to decide who really enjoyed it better, them or I :D:p....sigh, the nostalgia of being young again! I guess I'll always be a sucker for animated musicals, especially with my role model Jennifer Hudson blowing us away with the vocals (or road-modeh, as they say here in local pidgin :D)

@ellengrace you're absolutely right!

And to think this increase in carbs and calories is coming at a time when Carbs are being Demonized the world over :rolleyes:

Well, I'm still a firm believer in calories in vs calories out;and as long as I know I'm spending much more than I'm taking in, so I really don't mind the additional stuff in the cwp meals. I can live with that :D

Weigh in Saturday: Scale still crawling - I'm just about hitting the 95kg mark, so May target may not 100% be reached, but at least I've lost almost 5kg :)

(cup half full cup half empty cup half full cap half empty cup half full cup half empty cup half full cup half empty..........:whacky068:)

Very true! The weight is still coming off steadily so it must work.

Yes that's an amazing weight loss anyway! And really well done for not giving in at the cinema.

I was really struggling this long weekend but back in the saddle properly today. I have a few important events coming up which I promised myself I'd look/feel better for so must keep going!!

Okies...meanwhile any of you tried Jello with the mousse mix and the new flavors? My raspberry elderflower Jello is simply to die for...mmmmmm.....:p

And I'm thinking of mixing up a few of my shakes to see if I can come up with any new variants. Has anyone ever tried the strawberry shake hot? will it taste nice? I don't wanna have to throw it away, but the curiosity bug really has me this time :eek:...I might just do it :p

ok, its official. I am strange.:teapot: The hot strawberry shake is simply out of this world! Its incredible!!!!!!!!Divine!!!!!!! Where has this idea been all my Cambridge life!!! Gimme back all my fruity variants, consultant!!!:greenapple: I'm born again!!!:rolleyes:

...I mean, am I weird or whaaaat!!!:D

:DAnother hot fruity shake for me this evening and its a Mango :D. You'll recall I'm the weird one who dunks coffee in Mango right, so making this particular flavor hot isn't so much of a discovery as the strawberry,;), but I've never really had it plain in all it's Mango glory, so the verdict is.....pass!!!:thankyouthankyou:

Hehehehe, so the diet is no longer as "olde" as it was a wee while ago what with this pleasantly delicious discovery of hot fruity flavors.:D

Me consultant's gonna wonder if I'm 'sane' when I show up tomorrow asking for what has rarely ever been asked before by yours truly :roofles:

I hope I don't skew her sales projections for the week :rotflmao:

...but even I draw the line at 'hot smoothies'; ...nope! that's not gonna happen; definitely not!!!:nananana:

Here we still are - checking in; still on track ;)....

Target-wise, I'm behind schedule..:(, but all is not lost. Guess the weight is taking it's sweet time in coming off:rolleyes: but at least inches and non-scale victories are on point, so something must be working someway...

I had a hot toffee walnut shake today; it was delicious. Currently sipping my mango-cinno :D as I get ready for bed. Let's start this new week already :D:D:D

Hmm, for some reason I can't seem to fathom, I see myself being hit with the afternoon munchies and I'm craving olives, cheese and what-nots, which is really quite strange, and is a first since May when this particular re-start started, so thank goodness I'm armed with handy sugar-free gum as it's really coming in handy as I type.:rolleyes:

I guess I'm gonna 'have ta have' a Spaghetti Bolognese tonight at this rate to stave away the munchies. I've been eyeing those things with suspicion as the calorie and carb content is higher than the regular meals and I consider 'em a cheat meal so I only stocked 'em up for that purpose lol - what, pasta is pasta, an' I don't care if Cambridge made it; and pasta is something I don't think I wanna reinstate as a staple when I'm eventually off sole source:p...whenever that may be at this rate:(

I'm suspecting the little taste I had of the soup I made last night might be responsible for this - honestly, it was just a taste for salt???:confused:

Back on track! I'm on a big ketosis high as I haven't had a bite to eat all day and I'm not hungry at all!.

Someone left a whole big birthday cake on the table and everybody has been going up to take slices at will but strangely I'm not fazed.

I was even considering wrapping up a slice or 2 for the kids who I know would pounce on me once they smell it :D but I didn't eventually for 2 reasons - the cake had been sitting there for hours already, exposed...not good...And also, I don't think I really, really wanna stuff the little ones with a "sugar, flour and fat combo" if I can help it, really...no matter how they beg, no matter how they cry, never, ever feed them....unsolicited sugar :p:p:p

Hope to drag myself off to swallow a shake or 2 in a bit.:rolleyes:. I'm becoming a food snob:cool:

Ta ta!!!:bolt:

Back