C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Just Jools, I'm sure you will do great. Good luck and enjoy that fantastic feeling when you finish it!!! :)

Thanks. :)

Wk6d3 done. I did it!! Quite a bit slower than I have been running but at least I didn't stop. So Wk7 here I come! x :D

Well done Just Jools!! I bet u feel great for doing it :)
It's my 25 min run this w/e. I am hoping to do it outside, as last few runs have been on a treadmill. Fingers crossed for some good weather :)

And another W6D3 coming up, either tomorrow or Saturday... most likely on the treadmill I think. Then we'll all be on Week 7...

Did my 5k a little faster tonight - 34mins 30 secs. My running has improved so much by starting off with the C25K.

Well done everyone we are making great progress!! xx

Well done Just Jools!! I bet u feel great for doing it :)
It's my 25 min run this w/e. I am hoping to do it outside, as last few runs have been on a treadmill. Fingers crossed for some good weather :)

Thanks I did. :D Not sure how I'll cope with 3 25mins runs in a row though (think that's what Wk7 is). 1st one tonight so we'll see how my time compares.

Hope you get some sunshine for your run. x :)

And another W6D3 coming up, either tomorrow or Saturday... most likely on the treadmill I think. Then we'll all be on Week 7...

Good luck. We're all doing great aren't we? x :)

Did my 5k a little faster tonight - 34mins 30 secs. My running has improved so much by starting off with the C25K.

Well done everyone we are making great progress!! xx

Well done, that's brilliant. Not long to your race now. I did the Chichester one last year. x :)

Wow - well done you! I did my W6D3 25 min run on the treadmill today - GAH! Think it will be easier outside cos I just don't go that fast there...

Not sure how I'll cope with 3 25mins runs in a row though (think that's what Wk7 is). x :)we? x :)

It's hardcore from here on in, ladies! My Race4Life is on 10th July (Bristol) so I'm hoping for a sub-30 time by then... LOT of training to do first....

xx

Sunshine
You are hardcore! Mine is 3 July Cardiff I'm just hoping to complete it without stopping :) got my last week 5 run tomorrow :/
You're all doing fantastically.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's hardcore from here on in, ladies! My Race4Life is on 10th July (Bristol) so I'm hoping for a sub-30 time by then... LOT of training to do first.... xx

You can say that again!! I was a delightful shade of red when I got back tonight!! :rolleyes:

You'll do it, you're doing great. x :)

Sunshine
You are hardcore! Mine is 3 July Cardiff I'm just hoping to complete it without stopping :) got my last week 5 run tomorrow :/
You're all doing fantastically.

Good luck tomorrow. You can do it. x :)

Did Wk7d1 tonight & it was good. Faster than the last day of Wk6 & although I probably looked like a was about to explode by the time I got home I really was buzzing!!! x :D

ello alllll. Haven't been on a run in a while now... my hip is now back to normal.... phew! :)

Will give this thing a go again for the hundredth time.... :p I know that running is a great exercise for me as it burns off calories shockingly fast... but I just struggle to do it 3x a week with everything else... and my flare ups very often get in the way too. Bummer.

Well wk5 d3 after a week of not running. I managed 12 minutes running a walk then the remaining 8. No way I could do the 20 unbroken, not helped that I forgot my water so my throat was really dry from the breathing. I know I'm supposed to breath in through my nose but the amount if oxygen I need that's not going to happen. Ah well better luck next time :/ ..............

I did my 25 min run (wk6 d3) yesterday and coped really well. I was tempted to carry on to 30 mins, but didn't want to over do it.
My next run will be 2moro :)

I cannot believe I can run for 25 mins!!!!!

hannata said:
ello alllll. Haven't been on a run in a while now... my hip is now back to normal.... phew! :)

Will give this thing a go again for the hundredth time.... :p I know that running is a great exercise for me as it burns off calories shockingly fast... but I just struggle to do it 3x a week with everything else... and my flare ups very often get in the way too. Bummer.

Pleased you are feeling better and able to run again. xx

Less of me said:
Well wk5 d3 after a week of not running. I managed 12 minutes running a walk then the remaining 8. No way I could do the 20 unbroken, not helped that I forgot my water so my throat was really dry from the breathing. I know I'm supposed to breath in through my nose but the amount if oxygen I need that's not going to happen. Ah well better luck next time :/ ..............

After a break that is excellent, well done. You can repeat the run - it amazing how quickly the body adapts!! xx

Shazzabir said:
I did my 25 min run (wk6 d3) yesterday and coped really well. I was tempted to carry on to 30 mins, but didn't want to over do it.

Wowee!! You are rocking this now!! xx

Trimmed my 5k time down to 31mins 26 secs. On the treadmill - playing with the speeds alternating week 6 day 1 between jogging and running.

Was really sweating and bright red face at the end. Had to do a long walking cool-down to get my heart rate down before I left.

Felt amazing - like I was walking on air afterward.

Have a great Sunday everyone!! xx

HannahNewton said:
Trimmed my 5k time down to 31mins 26 secs. On the treadmill - playing with the speeds alternating week 6 day 1 between jogging and running.

Was really sweating and bright red face at the end. Had to do a long walking cool-down to get my heart rate down before I left.

Wow! That's awesome :) well done x

Your doing great Hannah!! :)

I did W3D3 today. I was supposed to do it yesterday but I was recovering from being ill over night. The 3 minute runs today were easier than the 90 second runs. Not sure I am looking forward to running for 5 minutes next time but I remember saying that about the 3 minute runs last week!

Well done, that's great after a break. I'm sure I heard or read somewhere that breathing through your mouth takes too much air into your lungs which doesn't help in the way you think it would & breathing in through your nose gives you exactly the right amount you need. I know it sounds odd & I'm also a terrible one for breathing though my mouth too but I'm working on it & it's not as bad as you think it might be. Good luck for your next run. x :)

Well done, it's an amazing feeling isn't it? I was the same, being tempted to keep going but I resisted too. x :)

Brilliant time, well done. You run so fast! x :)

I did W3D3 today. I was supposed to do it yesterday but I was recovering from being ill over night. The 3 minute runs today were easier than the 90 second runs. Not sure I am looking forward to running for 5 minutes next time but I remember saying that about the 3 minute runs last week!

Well done. It's great feeling doing what you thought you couldn't isn't it? Just wait till you get to the 25min runs!! x :)

Did Wk7d2 yesterday. It was really windy & my breathing was all over the place but I was only a little slower than the last one so I'm happy with that. Have a great Bank Holiday Monday everyone. x :D

I have just done w7 d1. Couldn't stop myself from running after the workout finished, so ended up running for 4 miles!! It took me 31 mins.
I know I should have stopped, but I was loving the run and didn't feel ready to stop.
I can run for 4 miles!!!!!! Yay!!!!! :) :)

Hope everyone else is having a good day x

Back