C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Oh shazzabir
I wish I had your tenacity. Completed w6 d1 :/ felt like I was going to be sick for some reason. I don't think Eating a banana and a biscuit before I went helped :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh shazzabir
I wish I had your tenacity. Completed w6 d1 :/ felt like I was going to be sick for some reason. I don't think Eating a banana and a biscuit before I went helped :)

Well done. I can't eat before I run so it may be the banana and biscuit that made you feel sick :(

Well done Less of me!! I must admit I don't tend to eat anything until after my run. However I am then starving when I finish running!!! Hope it didn't spoil your run too much x

I knew as I was munching away it wasn't a good idea plus its more weight to carry lol. I've never done it before, and will not do it again :). Think I also run better when I do it in the mornings, but I can only do that on weekends or when hubby is off. Fingers crossed for Wednesday and w6 d2. Good luck to everyone else this week x

Did a 20 min high intensity interval session on the treadmill instead of a 30 min run today.

It was really tough but the fast intervals were only 1 min each. Was terrified of shooting off the back but I made it!!

Just two runs left before RFL on Sunday. Then I need a new goal to work towards!!

Don't think I have enough time to do bridge to 10k. So I think I may have to work on pace or do some hill work. Any suggestions running people?? xx

Your doing great Hannah!!
I have already downloaded the App for C210k, so that will be my next challenge. I am also looking to sign up for a 10k race to keep me motivated.

Shazzabir said:
Your doing great Hannah!!
I have already downloaded the App for C210k, so that will be my next challenge. I am also looking to sign up for a 10k race to keep me motivated.

You are better off getting the B210k instead otherwise it means you starting back at the beginning :) it's a 6 week bridge to get you from 5-10 :)

I have just done w7 d1. Couldn't stop myself from running after the workout finished, so ended up running for 4 miles!! It took me 31 mins.
I know I should have stopped, but I was loving the run and didn't feel ready to stop.
I can run for 4 miles!!!!!! Yay!!!!! :) :)

Hope everyone else is having a good day x

Well done that's brilliant. x :)

Did a 20 min high intensity interval session on the treadmill instead of a 30 min run today.

It was really tough but the fast intervals were only 1 min each. Was terrified of shooting off the back but I made it!!

Just two runs left before RFL on Sunday. Then I need a new goal to work towards!!

Don't think I have enough time to do bridge to 10k. So I think I may have to work on pace or do some hill work. Any suggestions running people?? xx

Well done. I'm running the Windsor 8k in September. How about that? x :)

Welshtigger said:
You are better off getting the B210k instead otherwise it means you starting back at the beginning :) it's a 6 week bridge to get you from 5-10 :)

Thanks for that, I have just downloaded the App, looks much better :)

** Just Jools ** said:
Well done. I'm running the Windsor 8k in September. How about that? x :)

That sounds a good race. Didn't realise you could do 8k. Well done for signing up x

Shazzabir said:
That sounds a good race. Didn't realise you could do 8k. Well done for signing up x

8k is just shy of 5miles so possibly more common than you first thought! Sounds lol a nice distance actually :)

Neither did I. A friend on here is doing it so I decided to join her. It's an all woman one too like the RFL's. Thanks. x :)

8k is just shy of 5miles so possibly more common than you first thought! Sounds lol a nice distance actually :)

You might be right actually. Not sure about a "nice" distance. Still seems a long way to me! lol x :)

Did Wk7d3 last night. Can't believe I'm up to week 8 already!! :eek:

Have all you guys got i-phones? I've been looking for a B210K program but I've not got an i-phone so the ones I've come across for i-pods so far don't seem very good. Was hoping to find one to help me train for the 8k race. x :)

** Just Jools ** said:
Neither did I. A friend on here is doing it so I decided to join her. It's an all woman one too like the RFL's. Thanks. x :)

You might be right actually. Not sure about a "nice" distance. Still seems a long way to me! lol x :)

Did Wk7d3 last night. Can't believe I'm up to week 8 already!! :eek:

Have all you guys got i-phones? I've been looking for a B210K program but I've not got an i-phone so the ones I've come across for i-pods so far don't seem very good. Was hoping to find one to help me train for the 8k race. x :)

The same apps should be available for the iPod tho shouldn't they?? I use the one with the White stick man running in the green circle! If you see it you'll know what I mean x

Yes I use an iPhone.
Did week 7 day 2 today. I behaved myself this time and stuck to 25 mins. :)

Shoes were MandM Direct.com. There are a lot of websites where you can get a model that's a year or two old super-reduced, so you're getting all that lovely technology for a song! I've bought a few pairs online now and always seem to need to go at least a size bigger than my street shoes.

Thanks for that, my new running shoes arrived today, and I gave them a test run in the park tonight they are great! And they were only £24.99!! xx

This might seem a silly question, but how do you know what size to buy? I am normally a size 5. I am desperate for proper running shoes. I was going to get measured for some, but dreading the cost of them, so buying online sounds much cheaper.

Shazzabir said:
This might seem a silly question, but how do you know what size to buy? I am normally a size 5. I am desperate for proper running shoes. I was going to get measured for some, but dreading the cost of them, so buying online sounds much cheaper.

Best thing to do is go somewhere to get them fitted properly, find out what style and size you need and then buy online :)

Welshtigger said:
Best thing to do is go somewhere to get them fitted properly, find out what style and size you need and then buy online :)

Great advice - that's exactly what I did and saved about £40.

I was replacing some worn out ones too so I knew the style and size I wanted.

Usually you buy half to one size larger than your normal size.

As you run your foot extends and you move forward in your shoes.

Years ago I ran in ordinary trainers and made my toenails black. I had a proper fitting in a triathlete store, which solved the problem. Took months for my feet to recover properly. xx

Back