C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

hi peeps, i'm interested to try this (even though i live in a very hilly area!) so i'm going to read back througfh this thread,
does anyone have an interval timer? one that will bleep when it's time to walk/start jogging again? i need to find where i can get one of those since i don't have a wizzy app-friendly phone!

joyfulspirit said:
hi peeps, i'm interested to try this (even though i live in a very hilly area!) so i'm going to read back througfh this thread,
does anyone have an interval timer? one that will bleep when it's time to walk/start jogging again? i need to find where i can get one of those since i don't have a wizzy app-friendly phone!

Do you have an iPod cos I think you download the podcast

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know it recommends that you have a rest day in between runs when youre starting but I was wondering would it be ok? I usually run monday, tuesday & thursdays but the forecast for tomorrow looks terrible so was thinking of heading out tonight instead. I done week 5 day 2 easily yesterday & am actually really excited about doing W5D3 & running for a full 20 minutes (never ever thought I would say that!! :eek:) What do you ladies think? I know you all have a lot more experience of the plan than me

I don't see it'll do any harm provided you listen to your body & slow down/walk if you feel you need to.

(Obviously if that happens don't do what I do & feel like a total & complete failure!! ;))

I'm sure you'll be fine though, I'm thinking of doing the same myself as it happens. Good luck. x :)

Thanks. I'll give it a go & see how I get on. :D

Well ladies I am pleased to report that I survived W5D3 & really enjoyed it. It felt like such an achievement not only doing the 20 minutes but feeling that I could have managed more. I can't wait to get started on week 6 now so might try to squeeze another run in over the weekend coz I'll have to rest tomorrow as my shins feel a tiny bit tender & dont want to do myself an injury.

What do you all plan to do after you have finished c25k?? Are you going to aim for the b210k or try to speed up on your 5k times? I know I should probably concentrate on finishing this first but I love having something to aim towards (plus I'm on a high from all this running!!! :D)

Well done! Knew you could do it. :D

I'm already doing b210k but I think a few are trying to improve their 5k speeds before moving on. x :)

Well done sweet pink!! Sounds like your doing really well :)

I did my first run outside for weeks. It was bit of a struggle to begin with!!! I managed the 5k in 30.53 min, so only 53 seconds off my target of 30 mins!!

I did my first run outside for weeks. It was bit of a struggle to begin with!!! I managed the 5k in 30.53 min, so only 53 seconds off my target of 30 mins!!

:happy096: Well done, that's brilliant!! x :D

Thats an excellent time. Well done :)

I've been reading your posts for a while and finally decided to download on app and go for it. So tonight after I dropped my daughter at her gym session I decided to make use of the school field and go for it.

I havent run since I was about 13 but have been quite envious of those that could. I do 2 zumba classes a week and have recently done a 10k walk so my fitness isn't too bad. But I wasnt sure of I could actually run as until last year I was 6 stone heavier that I am now.

But... I did it without stopping. Yah!! Yes I ran slow and was breathing hard.

I'm not sure yet if I can get out 3 times a week, it may only be a Friday thing while daughter is at gym but we,ll see how it goes.

Donna

Actually carried on with the programme purely so I can make all the dots go green!! Did wk8d1 today :D and got race for life with Ellebear on Sunday so not gonna run tomorrow :)

Well done Donna, that's great that you have started it. I didn't run every week and sometimes did 2 sessions a week instead of 3, but I still got thru the program without too many issues.
Good luck and look forward to hearing about C25K journey :)

Good luck with your race Welshtigger! How many green ticks have you left, or have you now completed it? :)

Shazzabir said:
Good luck with your race Welshtigger! How many green ticks have you left, or have you now completed it? :)

Well when I run outside I use my Nike app as I find it better-it tells me when I've done each 0.5k, and also if I upload it to fb when I start, then I get a 'cheer' each time someone 'likes' my status! So it spurs me on :) I've got 5 more left to do on the C25k app, so including Sunday, I'll be done by Friday :) and then I'll crack on where I left off! Will prob still do the B210k anyway cos wanna build my speed up a bit-and Bryn(mr marine) is broken at the moment so not able to run, altho he probably could with the speed I do :) x

Shazzabir said:

Just on way home from Solihull where I did the Race for Life with Ellebear! I finished in a suitably respectable time of 35.30 but it was 1.38 when we crossed the start, as we were in the second group :) so I actually finished in 33.52 which I'm over the moon about :D x

Back