C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Done week 4 day 3! Scary!
I had to go out today as I am too busy thurs and fri. Might do first of week 5 on Sat. Very interested to know if I will manage the 20 mins!!! I shall have to make sure I eat and drink at the right times to avoid being too hungry or too full.
How is everyone else?
Tx

Hi H, good for you, go for it! I have one bad knee which so far has been fine, but I agree that your idea of fast and slow walking is a good one! Have fun!

I finally did day 1 of week 3!!! I found it absolutely fine, infact I did more running than I needed to and didn't struggle with the 3 mins like I thought I would. So planning to do it again 2moro then move to week 4 next w/e :)

Well done, amazing how well this works eh?
I just did week 5 day 1.
3 lots of 5 min runs!

Next time it is 8 mins. Eeeek!

I feel soooo good!!

Run Forest run! Lol

Yes your right, I feel like I'm making so much progress. I would never have dreamed I could run for 3 minutes!!!
You are doing so well Woodland girl :)

Hello everyone!!!
First of all I need to say that you are all such an inspiration!! I was thinking of starting the c25k program for the past two weeks I found out about its existence and after reading thoroughly this thread last night, I just completed W1D1!!!! :) I was a bit slow, but I had the feeling inside that everything will get better as I progress! A few questions: for those who are week three and on, have you noticed any body changes? I certainly want to build up my energy and endurance, but I am also at a getting to the ideal weight journey!! Another question is, don't you feel that we should do some stretches afterwards? I didn't stretch properly today and I think I am going to feel it later!!!
Keep on running!!!! :bliss::bliss:

Hi Athens, great to have you join us! Very well done on getting started. I am a veery veeeeery slow loser but I am convinced it is helping me. My butt is smaller, I now run up stairs and I can play catch with kids at school!
I do stretching while I am on, during all of the walking parts I stop and some stretching, I agree it is important!
All the best with it!
Tracy x

Wahooooo!!! I just did week 5 day 2.

Run 8
Walk 5
Run 8

I never thought I would do it on the first attempt, but this method clearly works cos I did, no worries!!!!!

Next time is run 20- that is a whole other ball game, I think I better get some new music for that one! Lol

Keep running xx

Well done Athens!!! I am so impressed with the programme and cannot believe I am running for 3 minutes!
I have found running burns more calories than any other exercise I do. I wear a heart monitor and my heart rate is always at maximum when I do the running bit. So as well as burning calories I know I am improving my fitness level.
Good luck, keep us updated :)

Woodland girl you are doing fantastic!!!
8 mins, wow!!!
Is the next level really 20 mins...??!!! Scary!!!!!!

Shazzabir, I am replying to you all over the place! Yes 20 mins next, but then it goes back to 5 or something, weird!
Not sure whether i should have a rest day tomorrow and run on wed or not? It might rain on wed! Guess I will decide tomorrow. Get out there, feels amazing doesn't it??

I know what u mean Woodland girl, lol!!
That seems strange going from 20 back to 5 mins? Oh well guess they know best.

Oh no Hannata, how awful. Hope u feel better soon.

Big drum roll!!!!!!

I can't believe myself, I just did the 20 min run and could have kept going! I wasn't even puffing!!!!

I am delighted and feel great. Just want to encourage the rest of you to keep going!
Xx

That is fantastic, u should b really proud of yourself!! :)

Hello!! I just got back from W1D2! I did ok! Of course you are far advanced from that... 20 minutes right now sound like heart attack! I think I should work on my breath to make it more rhythmic! It's such a nice feeling when you hit the finish line :)
Does anyone else thought of prolonging week 1? I am considering doing the same intervals for 4 times instead of 3 in order to be more prepared for next week's intervals. What do you think? Please note that I am a smoker (not a heavy one) and I can't consider quitting right now because I don't think I would be able to juggle diet, exercise and quit smoking at the same time. Is anyone else a smoker?
keep on running!

Well done Athens , great achievement. Someone suggested on here that we just try the next one even if we think it will be difficult, you might surprise yourself.
And every ciggy less will make a difference, if you can.
Well done !

Back