C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Thanks Summer gurl.

Good luck on your run Ela ine :)

downsizingmycurves said:
I have literally just come back from Week 3 day 1. 3 mins x 2, 90 secs x 2.

The 3 mins were hard going but I did it!

Day 2 tomorrow night for me.

Good luck on day 2. I will be giving week 3 a go this w/e.

Thanks so much guys! Have tried this programme twice before and failed! Third time lucky, I hope x

Hi lovely! Well, I've just got back from W1D1!! I wasn't going to do it - as I did a boxercise glass and was dripping with sweat! But I thought what the heck it's not going to be as hard as the class just was.. and voilla - done!

I definitely need a better soundtrack mind :p Any ideas?

Also - my speed is not very fast.. is this normal with week 1? I did it on a tread mill running for 1, walking for 1.5 and repeating. Total workout took 25 minutes. xx

Well done Elaine! I go very. Very slow! I read somewhere that you should! Heart rate still goes up, but definitely best to go slow!

You should run at a pace that feels comfortable for you right now. As you progress you will get a little faster. Remember, you need to be running and still be able to talk a little and not completly panting and out of breathe for you to be in a comfortable place :)

Ah well done for the people that have just started! ive been stuck on week 2 for what feels ages now, started a new job and been so tired in the evenings - a rubbish excuse i know!

Forgot how good it feels when you finish though. On my last 90 second run tonight I was about to finish when I saw another girl running, very very slim - b*tch lol but so slow which made me carry on and do 4 minutes instead of 90 seconds at the end. Forgot how competitive I can be... oops.

Few more runs at week two and hopefully be back on here to tell you my horror stories of week three!

Woodland girl said:
Well done Elaine! I go very. Very slow! I read somewhere that you should! Heart rate still goes up, but definitely best to go slow!

Thanks hun! This is good to know! :)
Bring on w1d2 :D

summergurl said:
You should run at a pace that feels comfortable for you right now. As you progress you will get a little faster. Remember, you need to be running and still be able to talk a little and not completly panting and out of breathe for you to be in a comfortable place :)

Thank you. Some people run so fast though, and especially on a treadmill always wonder how fast my speed needs to be for me to actually be 'running'. Now I'm saying the speed doesn't matter it's
When my legs are lifting up higher and my arms are moving'

jayne289 said:
Ah well done for the people that have just started! ive been stuck on week 2 for what feels ages now, started a new job and been so tired in the evenings - a rubbish excuse i know!

Forgot how good it feels when you finish though. On my last 90 second run tonight I was about to finish when I saw another girl running, very very slim - b*tch lol but so slow which made me carry on and do 4 minutes instead of 90 seconds at the end. Forgot how competitive I can be... oops.

Few more runs at week two and hopefully be back on here to tell you my horror stories of week three!

You can do it Jayne!

Thank you. Some people run so fast though, and especially on a treadmill always wonder how fast my speed needs to be for me to actually be 'running'. Now I'm saying the speed doesn't matter it's
When my legs are lifting up higher and my arms are moving'

Some people are just naturally fast or if they are on a treadmill they might be doing some sort of sprinting work outs. I'm not particulary fast, i run at 11:30mins a mile which is pretty slow but its a comfortable pace and one that I can hold for a while.

Its all about powering the arms. If you have good posture you will do fine running :)

Well, I tried week 4 day 1. I say tried!! Lol. Went to our woodland to run today while oh took pictures of lovely spring things. I kept scaring pheasants which kept scaring me!
I managed 3 min run, short walk and 5 min run, and I learned something.... Our woodland is uphill! Only slight but enough of an incline to kill me! Might try again tomorrow in my normal place with no hills or pheasants! Lol
Very pleased that I ran for 5 mins btw!!!

Wow congratulations! 5 mins! I would die, I'm still struggling with week two but am determined to go up to week three next week! x

Yeah!!! I just did all of week 4 day 1

Walk
Run 3
Walk
Run 5
Walk
Run 3
Walk
run 5 (nearly die and get a stitch!!!)

But did it!
Not moving for the rest of the day lol

Fantastic woodland girl!!!!
I have been away for the w/e, so hoping to go out later today. I did take my trainers and running stuff with me, but we did that much walking around London I was shattered!

Well, I tried week 4 day 1. I say tried!! Lol. Went to our woodland to run today while oh took pictures of lovely spring things. I kept scaring pheasants which kept scaring me!
I managed 3 min run, short walk and 5 min run, and I learned something.... Our woodland is uphill! Only slight but enough of an incline to kill me! Might try again tomorrow in my normal place with no hills or pheasants! Lol
Very pleased that I ran for 5 mins btw!!!

Well done!

I have had flu so no runnng for me.

I will hopefully feel better enough to do week 3 day 3 tomorrow eve but not convicned given how I feel this morning. :(

Hi downsizingmycurves

I hope you are feeling better? Def don't run until you are, I heard it puts too much pressure on your heart

I have been googling ( funny how that is a verb now) getting a stick and rest days. Really interesting! Apparently it is on rest days that the improvements happen :) I like that idea! Lol

The stitch is your liver and diaphram and if you get one you should stop and sort it! Also worth googling and reading about!

I hope to get out today but still have an angry tummy and teaching this afternoon, so will see...
Xx

Week 4 day 2 done!
Came home feeling great until oh told me my card has been frauded by naughty people :-( check your statements everyone. 02 pre pay scam, £30 out of hundreds of accounts. Boo

But, saw lots of lovely lambs out today!!

Yep, your rest days are just as important as your exercise days :)
Best thing i find for a stitch is to stop running and walk and then see when it hurts the most - either when the left foot hits the floor or the right. Then start running again on the foot that doesnt make it hurt so much. Hope that makes sense lol x

Back