C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

didnt manage my run today, knee was too sore, getting a treadmill tomorrow hopefully so shall see how that goes, i was talking to my friend who has been running for years and she thinks it may have been the field i was running as it isnt "flat" and at 1 point i was running on a slope its hard to explain but my right leg would have been lower than my left leg, because of the uneven ground which would have put a strain on my right leg, my shoes should be fine, they are proper running shoes and were quite expensive, anyways i figure i will try the treadmill ive wanted one for ages and found a bargain on ebay, my plan is to start on there and find somewhere more "even" to run outside which is difficuly as im surrounded by huge hills!!!
you will love the 30 ds sunshine, i got mine from morrisons i think it was £6 i dont normally go for dvds but i love jillian shes a great motivator, i will be half way thru level 2 tomorrow and i cant quite believe ive come so far, in terms of strengh and endurance in such a short space of time!! let us know when you start it and keep us updated!

Have just completed w4 d3 :) outside so am chuffed. Still keeping my treadmill running to 25-30mins to build up my stamina :D

hi sorry to jump in but im doing c25k and did wk4d3 yesterday. couldnt even manage the 60s runs in week1 but now i seem better at the longer runs than the shorter runs. i get no pain after running apart from the first run in week 1 but yesterday had to do more stretching before and after running as my right hamstring felt tight. im taking it session by session as if i think too far ahead i will start to fret about wk5d3 the 20min run! tomorrow its 3 x 5min runs then on sat its 2x 8min runs. im going to keep going even if i slow down to a crawl!!

joanne

Hi all new C25K-ers - lots of whom seem to be on Week 4 like I'm about to.... Although. I shall do one last Week 3 run tomorrow - hope the weather's better cos I want a nice sunny outdoor run.

And.... 30 Day Shred is on order..... Tell you what - I'd better look bloody fantastic by the summer!

xx

Good going everyone and welcome flippinmental!
I am still sadly on knee rest :-( they are very sore and stiff so I am cycling instead at the moment. Love cycling, Frustrating though as I want to complete c 2 5k even if I don't carry on afterwards!

Have just bought myself the next app that follows C25k, it's called B210k and it's a 6 week program that 'bridges' the gap to 10k!! Am soo determined to succeed this time, and am really enjoying it, which I think makes all the difference :D

Hi
I started the c25k training about 3 weeks ago when I was over 17 stone. At first I felt the same could hardly breath but it did get easier. My O/H is a runner so he has a garmin which is a gps so it tracks speed and distance, wondered why I kept getting a stitch and it's because I kePt getting faster. Still find it hard to pace myself as runnng to me still feels like I should only do it if running for my life. It's gotten a bit harder the last week but I have taken up zumba twice a week. Think my body is in shock.
You'll get there!!!!
Good Luck
:)

Hi
Yes I have seen. I probably don't look much better :). I run along the sea front and god knows I look a state but really annoying the young people who snigger grrrr.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry about the people sniggering. No un kind. You know to ignore that but I also know how hard that is to do!!
Just do a Phoebe when you see them but not Rachel cos she ran into a horse !!

Hi all, just noticed this thread.

I did Wk2D2 last night so think I'm a bit behind everyone else but it's going well so far.

Final, easy, week 3 run outside. Felt tough for first 3 min run but then nice and easy for the rest. Bring on Week 4! Although - I plan to start 30 Day Shred tonight and am very afraid....

Welshtiger - I'm into week 5 of B210K - it's ace! I recommend. Apparently next week I'll run for an hour without stopping...
I started in Jan with C25K with no prior running experience, an obese BMI and am closer to 40 than not. I'm loving it! Can't believe what I can do now

Trust the programme, ladies! Xx

did wk5d1 tonight, and somehow i managed those 3 x 5min runs! i even recovered earlier after the second 5min run and only walked for 2mins instead of 3. was going to see how far i could run on the final 5min run but only managed an extra 20seconds.
i do day2 on sat or sun thats 2 x 8min runs and then theres the biggie of 20mins. after ive managed that one i think i will really feel like a runner:D
my hubby has put some music just for me on his mp3player got loads of 80s stuff like aha and then he found some dance versions of 'stand by me' and 'sailing' (rod stuart) so im hoping to focus on the music. ive found that if i zone into the music i forget im running (hope it works at wk5d3!!)
thanks for the warm welcome everyone

joanne xx

got my treadmill last night so plan on starting again today on that to see how it goes. knee is feeling much better too so hopefully will be ok! how many days am i supposed to run a week is it 3 or 4?

Just completed Wk5 Day 1. Was a lot easier than I thought it would be, I guess the running on the treadmill is paying off!
I needed to walk my two spaniels so as it was late, I decided to take them with me!! Ha ha! Never again-they've been with their 'daddy' for the last 3 weeks and appear to have come back to me having lost the ability to walk on the lead like normal dogs!!!

Back