C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Thanks... and well done... I doubt that I would have been able to when I was 16 stone!
But I managed to do them all... slowed right down and made more of an effort to think about ny breathing rather than how far I have gone .. so I'm chuffed with that!

Yep, I managed it too, Quite suprised myself but I slowed down too just to make sure I did it all.

Wk4d2 tomorrow night.

Well done everyone. x :)

Well I'm saying I completed W1D2 even tho technically I didn't. I was on the finally 5min cooldown walk and the treadmill quit on me at 28min 20(ish)secs.

W1D3 at the weekend I think, and that's week 1 done with!

Well done Mr Gilbo. x :)

Nice work Mr Gilbo!!

Did W5D1 today skipping through the weeks a bit as my race for life is less than 4 weeks now.

Really great I loved it thanks!

I used to run until a few years ago when I herniated a disc and my physio banned me. :(

My legs cope fine it's my lungs that have lost condition. Really looking foward to getting my fitness back!! :(

How are you getting on?

That's great, well done. It's so easy (& quick!) to lose fitness & a lot harder to get it back again isn't it?

I'm doing good too thanks.

I did a Race for Life last year, trained hard, was able to run 5k comfortably but then didn't keep it up after that & I'm kinda in the same situation as you now, trying to get back into it & regain my fitness levels.

Got Wk4d2 tonight though weather is looking a little grim right now so hope it isn't pouring later! x :(

Just realised you're in Sussex. Where abouts?

i run on a treadmill in my gym. I can't run on ordinary treadmills at all, these ones have some kind of padding under the treadmill track which helps a lot. And I've got special insoles in my trainers. It all helps. I think I just have to simply lose more weight before I can graduate onto the next level... I'm happy enough to wait til then before I push it further :)

Did Wk4d2 last night. Managed it all & although I thought it was a lot slower than d1 it wasn't. My legs were really aching afterwards though. Hoping that's a good sign! x :rolleyes:

Did W5D2 tonight - found jogging 8 mins ok and do-able the first time, then started to dread doing it again during the walk.

Talked myself around and figured that if I had done it once I could do it again. And I did fine, and hey did an extra 2 mins jogging - so jogged 10!! :):)

Had a sneaky peek at W5D3 and realised its 20mins jogging - no walking!!! Eek!!!

Plan to rest tomorrow and do it Saturday or Sunday.

Hope everyone is making progess too. :):) x

Well done Hannah! Most important things I found for the 2o mins
1. Stretch and warm up very well
2. Leave at least 3 hours after eating
3. Go slowly!!!

Hope it goes well!
X

well done!!! And as well, look at the weight you've dropped!! good god! xx

Thank you. x :D

Did W5D2 tonight - found jogging 8 mins ok and do-able the first time, then started to dread doing it again during the walk.

Talked myself around and figured that if I had done it once I could do it again. And I did fine, and hey did an extra 2 mins jogging - so jogged 10!! :):)

Had a sneaky peek at W5D3 and realised its 20mins jogging - no walking!!! Eek!!!

Plan to rest tomorrow and do it Saturday or Sunday.

Hope everyone is making progess too. :):) x

Well done!! :D

20mins? Is that what I've got to look forward to next week??!! x :eek:

Well done Hannah! Most important things I found for the 2o mins
1. Stretch and warm up very well
2. Leave at least 3 hours after eating
3. Go slowly!!!

Hope it goes well!
X

How slow is slow? I thought I was running my 5min ones slow this week. I f I go any slower I'd be walking!!! x ;)

I finally managed to complete W1D3 today. I found it so much easier than the first two days and I really enjoyed it. The only reason it took 2 weeks to get it done was I couldn't find the time to go out running.

The plan now is to aim for every other day and see what happens :)

Well done Sleepy. x :)

Wk4d3 done tonight. Felt really good & best time this week! Bring on Wk5!! lol x :D

After nearly two weeks off I did week 5!! I didn't realise until I had finished, but ended up doing day 2 instead of day 1...!!! Still I coped really well and ended up doing 10 mins on the 2nd run :) I feel great for doing it!!!
I haven't looked at day 3, is it really a 20 minute run!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!
I am hoping to do it 2moro morning. Wish me luck :)

After nearly two weeks off I did week 5!! I didn't realise until I had finished, but ended up doing day 2 instead of day 1...!!! Still I coped really well and ended up doing 10 mins on the 2nd run :) I feel great for doing it!!!
I haven't looked at day 3, is it really a 20 minute run!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!
I am hoping to do it 2moro morning. Wish me luck :)

Good luck tomorrow, I am not looking forward to getting to W5 at the moment!

Back