C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Well I'm off out to do w4d3 so not looking forward to it. It's blowing a gale and the wind kills me :(. Going to have to repeat w4 again I'm sure as I can't quite do the last 5 mins - why did I decide to do this again?
Good luck everyone else

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

OMG
I did it :D but my arms are aching... Yes arms it's weird but I did it and without any pausing of the breaks (to get a bit longer rest) still think I might repeat wk4, w5 seems an awfully scary prospect?!? Or maybe I start it and see how it goes....

Well done x

That's great Less of me :)

I am feeling so nervous about going for my 20 min run this morning. I don't feel ready. It is such a jump from 8 mins to 20 mins!!!

I will feel so proud of myself if I manage to do it :) :)

I am amazed.....!!! I did it!!!!! :) :)

Thanks guys for your encouragement :)

I cannot believe I can comfortably run for 20 mins!!!!!! That is progress!!

My advice to anyone doing this run, is to have a positive attitude. I started the run doubting my ability and it took the half way point into the run before I believed I could do it. Once my attitude changed my run became easier and so enjoyable.

Yes it is a big jump 8 mins to 20 mins, but the program has enabled us to cope with the jump. It really does work! :) :) :)

Shazzabir said:
I am amazed.....!!! I did it!!!!! :) :)

Thanks guys for your encouragement :)

I cannot believe I can comfortably run for 20 mins!!!!!! That is progress!!

My advice to anyone doing this run, is to have a positive attitude. I started the run doubting my ability and it took the half way point into the run before I believed I could do it. Once my attitude changed my run became easier and so enjoyable.

Yes it is a big jump 8 mins to 20 mins, but the program has enabled us to cope with the jump. It really does work! :) :) :)

Well done Shazza!!!

Got my 20 mins run later today.

Watching great north run on TV and feeling really inspired :) :) xx

Good luck Hannah! Hopefully hear from u later :)

Well I completed W1D3 today. And that if after my usual 70 minute gym work out first. Really pleased with my progress thus far. Onto W2D1 i go!

Mr Gilbo said:
Well I completed W1D3 today. And that if after my usual 70 minute gym work out first. Really pleased with my progress thus far. Onto W2D1 i go!

Brilliant-well done :)

Go Mr Gilbo!!

21 mins jogged :) Woppee!!

Last 5 mins was actually quite relaxed as I was fully warm and in my stride. Breathing was regular too. :) xx

Well done Hannah!! :)

I managed W2D1 today. The second run was really hard partly because I was running into the wind but I did it.

Sleepy59 said:
I managed W2D1 today. The second run was really hard partly because I was running into the wind but I did it.

Well done:)

Just read the last few pages. Love all you new 20-minute runners! I'm having a video gait analysis tomorrow with a physio and can't wait to have a good moan about all my aches and pains! Then hopefully it will be back onto the programme. I was at the end of Week 5 but will be going back to Week 4 for at least one session and then take it from there.

I'm missing running so much! The stupid cross-trainer just isn't the same ;)

Back