C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

I really struggled with my first run but I persevered and by the end of W1 I was getting better so I was determined to complete the programme, yesterday I completed my 1st 30 min run and it was an amazing feeling!!

As someone that has never been a runner (even in school) my advice would be to keep going cos it really works, it took me a while but I realised that if I kept a slow steady pace I could go longer. I'm going to keep running at 30 mins now and work on picking up my pace over the next few weeks. Good luck!!

Sweet: oh bless, hope you don't come down with a cold. There is something a bit special about running in the rain. That's great that you found it easy :)

I do love running in the rain but I think I'll invest in a proper running jacket before attempting it in rain like that again!!! :D Hopefully will manage to get out tomorrow evening again (weather depending) to get week 7 finished off

Can't wait to get out there again! It's been 2 weeks now! Hoping to get out after work tomorrow night-only gonna start of slowly but reckon it won't be long til I'm back to where I was x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:bliss::woohoo:

I did it. I completed day 1 week 1, no cheating! I started to have trouble around the 5th run, and I got a stitch, but no rasping breath or wanting to be sick this time!

How do you guys feel about being seen in public? My local park had quite a few people in it. I try to think like I don't care, but I do- I keep looking to see if people are staring at the big wobbly lump lumbering around!

boggins said:
:bliss::woohoo:

I did it. I completed day 1 week 1, no cheating! I started to have trouble around the 5th run, and I got a stitch, but no rasping breath or wanting to be sick this time!

How do you guys feel about being seen in public? My local park had quite a few people in it. I try to think like I don't care, but I do- I keep looking to see if people are staring at the big wobbly lump lumbering around!

I absolutely hate other people seeing me!! We travel alot with work so each week/fortnight I'm trying to find the quietest place to run, whilst also not making myself a target for whatever pervert/rapist/murderer happens to be hanging around. Lol. This week has been great, a lovely run along a river which, for some reason hardly anyone seems to use

I was really paranoid about people seeing me in the beginning too but I'm not soo bothered now though admittedly I do prefer it when there arent so many people about :eek:

And I also feel a bit weird about running past men walking their dogs. Rather than have them watching my bum jiggling, I'll turn around and run back the way I came. Lol!

And I also feel a bit weird about running past men walking their dogs. Rather than have them watching my bum jiggling, I'll turn around and run back the way I came. Lol!

I never thought of that!!!! :eek:

Sorry, didn't mean to give you something else to worry about. :)

No need to be sorry. :) Thankfully where I run I'm more likely to bump into retired couples who are hopefully more interested in the nice scenery than my wobbly bits!!!! lol :eek:

Ha ha! I'm glad it's not just me who turns around and runs the other way when they see people! Today I was running in loops around a dad kicking a ball with his son!

Day 2 completed. It was easier. Although this time I got a stitch after run no.3! Managed to keep it in check. Anyone else suffer with them?

Apparently the key to avoiding them is to breathe in when your right leg is up, and breathe out as it's hitting the floor. I tried this today, it helped a bit, but took lots of concentration to remember when to breathe! I hope that comes more easily after a while!

I got a stitch on one of my runs last week & it although I managed to keep going it really hurt. I'll definitely try the breathing thing if i get another. I think I ran a bit soon after eating which is what I blamed for getting it :sigh:

Managed to complete week 7 last night so looking forward to getting started on week 8 tomorrow :D

** Just Jools ** said:
Good luck! x :D

Thanks! Just got back from it and my god I could hardly manage it! Stopped a few seconds early on 3 of the runs! To be fair I was on a muddy canal path though and it was slippy! Iv never ever ran before never even been for a jog so I'm so proud of myself!

Congratulations mrs-s!

Thanks! Just got back from it and my god I could hardly manage it! Stopped a few seconds early on 3 of the runs! To be fair I was on a muddy canal path though and it was slippy! Iv never ever ran before never even been for a jog so I'm so proud of myself!

Well done! :D

It does get easier, I promise!! ;)

I've not run in over 25 years (since I was at school really) and I hated that so always got out of it as often as I could!! If you'd told me then I'd enjoy running & be able to run 5k without stopping (& then be training to run 10k) I'd have thought you were mad. x :)

Well done mrs s. Week 1 was definitely the hardest so well done. I promise it gets easier from now on in :)

Week 8 day 1 done so just 5 runs left!!! :D Can't believe I'm on the home straight!!

Had a fantastic run this evening as it was nice & cool with a nice fine mist of rain & almost made it the full 5k in the 28 minutes (at a guess I was about 1/2 k off it!! )

sweet pink said:
Week 8 day 1 done so just 5 runs left!!! :D Can't believe I'm on the home straight!!

Had a fantastic run this evening as it was nice & cool with a nice fine mist of rain & almost made it the full 5k in the 28 minutes (at a guess I was about 1/2 k off it!! )

Well done :)
I've just completed my first run in 2 weeks! After being poorly for a week or so, I finally felt up to run again this evening x only did 2.8 miles but was a start x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back