C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Thats fantastic Welshtigger after a few weeks off especially. Glad to hear youre feeling better too :)

sweet pink said:
Thats fantastic Welshtigger after a few weeks off especially. Glad to hear youre feeling better too :)

Thanks! I have really missed running and can really feel it now! Was alot more comfortable running today as my new sports bra has arrived!! My old one was so big there wasn't really much point wearing it! My chest feels really tight still tho from running-like I can't breathe in properly! I've been home since 8.30, have gone to bed, so hopefully be ok in the morning cos want to run again! Need to get back to running 5/6 times a week x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Week 8 day 1 done so just 5 runs left!!! :D Can't believe I'm on the home straight!!

Had a fantastic run this evening as it was nice & cool with a nice fine mist of rain & almost made it the full 5k in the 28 minutes (at a guess I was about 1/2 k off it!! )

Well done, that's fantastic. x :D

Well done :)
I've just completed my first run in 2 weeks! After being poorly for a week or so, I finally felt up to run again this evening x only did 2.8 miles but was a start x

Well done, that's great.

Hope you feel a bit better this morning though. x :D

Fionat29 said:
I bought 2pairs of sports bras from m&s yesterday. The difference they made! Much more comfortable

Mind you, I made the mistake of doing 30DS with just shorts and sports bra on! Wow! Scary sight or what? I'll wear a top as well today, I think.

I've only gone and completed week 1!

I cannot believe the difference in me. I barely felt the first run, I just sailed through it. Is this the same woman who couldn't complete it at all less than a fortnight ago? Amazing!

Annoyingly, the podcast cut out halfway through my final run. So I started it again, and it cut out again! So I just kept running and hoped it was a minute. Stupid iphone.

I cannot believe the difference in me. I barely felt the first run, I just sailed through it. Is this the same woman who couldn't complete it at all less than a fortnight ago? Amazing!

Annoyingly, the podcast cut out halfway through my final run. So I started it again, and it cut out again! So I just kept running and hoped it was a minute. Stupid iphone.

Thats fantastic. Well done. Good luck with week 2 though I dont think you'll need it coz I thought week 1 was the hardest :)

boggins said:

Well done! You're well on your way now :D x

Well I managed to do just under 4.5miles tonight-chest/lungs still feeling very tight and its still a bit painful breathing in, so I ran super slow, with a few walk breaks! But am getting there! Have missed it so much and will be happier once I get back to how I was before I was poorly! My personal trainer/marine/guru has told me it should only take a week or so-watch this space :D x

That's good news sweet pink! Thanks!

edit: 4.5 miles?! I can't imagine ever managing that! I'm impressed!

boggins said:
That's good news sweet pink! Thanks!

edit: 4.5 miles?! I can't imagine ever managing that! I'm impressed!

You'll do it! Just take it steady :) x

Well, I started Week 2 today. Total farce! I did the first 90 seconds no problem. About a minute into the second run my calves were on fire and I had to stop. My iPhone had frozen though, so I had to turn it off and on again, and start that run again. Once more my calves complained mightily and I couldn't finish. I stretched, tried again and this time the podcast froze! What a joke!

In the end my calves warmed up and I managed to do five 90 second runs, so not too shabby at all, but I'm counting this as a failed attempt, so 3 more goes at week 2 left. I think I need to do more warm-ups though!

I'm struggling with such a weird sensation... I actually WANT to go out jogging! It's my rest day, so I won't, but what a strange feeling this is! In a nice way....:D

I'm struggling with such a weird sensation... I actually WANT to go out jogging! It's my rest day, so I won't, but what a strange feeling this is! In a nice way....:D

I know that feeling ;) Totally bizaare isn't it!!!!! :D

sweet pink said:
I know that feeling ;) Totally bizaare isn't it!!!!! :D

It is totally bizarre! But I am also feeling frustrated because work is getting in the way of my jogging. I've got new trainers and I'm longing to try them out, hopefully tomorrow. I bet something else will come up then!

The first time i started c25k i managed only day1 then damaged my knee, 2nd attempt i got to wk2 d1 and gave up due to snow and ice and never got started again. Last week i picked up a treadmill really cheap in a local for sales grp on facebook and thought it would be a great way to start c25k again. Last week i started c25k again and tonight i completed w2 d2 the furthest i have managed so far, hoping i can keep at this even if theres times i have to repeat days/weeks i am determined.

It is totally bizarre! But I am also feeling frustrated because work is getting in the way of my jogging. I've got new trainers and I'm longing to try them out, hopefully tomorrow. I bet something else will come up then!

Work has got in the way of my jogging this week too. Oh well next week I have a nice clear diary so I'm looking forward to that.

The first time i started c25k i managed only day1 then damaged my knee, 2nd attempt i got to wk2 d1 and gave up due to snow and ice and never got started again. Last week i picked up a treadmill really cheap in a local for sales grp on facebook and thought it would be a great way to start c25k again. Last week i started c25k again and tonight i completed w2 d2 the furthest i have managed so far, hoping i can keep at this even if theres times i have to repeat days/weeks i am determined.

Well done! You're where I am- I will do week 2 day 3 tomorrow. I have been thinking about doing an extra day in between before moving on to week 3. My body doesn't seem to like any attempt to do more, and week 3 goes up to 3 minutes!! I think I might attempt 2 minutes and 2.5 minutes this weekend, in preparation!

Back