C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Did wk1 d2 today (yet again) but increased the speed when jogging from 6.5 to 7kmph was so much harder but managed it, gonna try d3 at the same pace then go back to the 6.5 when I start wk2.

boggins said:
Just back from 25 minutes nonstop! Get in! :D

Wow Boggins, how did you jump from 3 min jogs to 25 mins -or have I misunderstood the stage you're at?!

Ha ha- I was just using the example of when I had to do 3 minutes and panicked about it, that was about 3 weeks ago. I've just completed week 6. Once I got past that 3 minute run I stopped worrying, I just somehow knew I could do 5, then 8, then 20.

My knee had a bit of a sulk today (oddly the other knee from the one which usually complains), I hope it stops soon. :(

boggins said:
Ha ha- I was just using the example of when I had to do 3 minutes and panicked about it, that was about 3 weeks ago. I've just completed week 6. Once I got past that 3 minute run I stopped worrying, I just somehow knew I could do 5, then 8, then 20.

My knee had a bit of a sulk today (oddly the other knee from the one which usually complains), I hope it stops soon. :(

Fab progress Boggins. Tell your knee to behave..! Seriously, I hope it feels better. Would you need to use anything (muscular gels or anti-inflammatory tablets) or get it checked by GP?

Unfortunately my experience as a kid with dodgy knees, and it's borne out by internet searches, says that the best thing for knee injuries is to stop running. Yeah. So I am REALLY hoping it's just a minor glitch.

When I was a kid I was quite good at sprinting and went into training for the District sports, but very quickly my knees started to hurt. Orthopaedic consultant, physiotherapy, talk of steel rod implants, but most importantly- no more running. Or "contact sports" (whatever that means). I sat out of most PE lessons in primary school. The laziness kind of stuck.

Well, anyway, we'll see. I ain't sprinting now, I'm lumbering along, so with any luck they'll hold together. Incidentally I never did have the steel rod implant, they said my legs had improved. So, should be ok *fingers crossed*

How are you doing?

Well I amazed myself today! After 10 days at least of no running I thought I'd give it a go and see how far (or not!) I got before I collapsed in a heap. I actually did 30 minutes!! On the app I was supposed to be doing 28 but I did that and thought "lets make it a round number, only 2 more" So I did that and now I've just noticed that I've only got 1 more day on the app! I suppose then it's time to try and speed up a bit.
I was very pleased though, that the break from it didn't make it seem too difficult, although I am now running around Wimbledon common so there's plenty to look at and loads of different trails to take. When I'm back home I expect it'll get boring a bit quick. Lol!:D

Fionat29 said:
Well I amazed myself today! After 10 days at least of no running I thought I'd give it a go and see how far (or not!) I got before I collapsed in a heap. I actually did 30 minutes!! On the app I was supposed to be doing 28 but I did that and thought "lets make it a round number, only 2 more" So I did that and now I've just noticed that I've only got 1 more day on the app! I suppose then it's time to try and speed up a bit.
I was very pleased though, that the break from it didn't make it seem too difficult, although I am now running around Wimbledon common so there's plenty to look at and loads of different trails to take. When I'm back home I expect it'll get boring a bit quick. Lol!:D

Well done-that's brilliant-can't wait to get back up to decent length jogs :) the 3/5 mins ones are annoying me lol! But good for building my speed x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Cooked breakfast.....yum :) !

I took the bit by the teeth today after I was supposed to get back to it on Tuesday.I thought about doing week 6 again (2 weeks no exercise), but then I thought what the he'll I'll try week 7 & it's 25 min run.....I DID IT...so pleased if not a little surprised!! Still not super quick, so hoping the next 3 weeks will sort that out :D :D

Also-very naughty of me-I did wk3 day2 with Nick after work this evening but alot slower than normal as it's a big jump for him to 3 mins, but he's doing really well-first week on SW and lost 12.5lbs! I'm such a failure at the moment and to be honest I'm dead chuffed for him but it's made me feel 10 times worse :(
Oh well! Wk4d2 tomorrow night-not going out 6am tho, will save that delight for Saturday! x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Oh well done everyone! As I didn't have a good run last time I'm really dreading it again! I think I'm bored with week one but can't move on yet as I'm simply not fit enough!
I also think switching from the NHS app to the C25K app was a mistake, the lady in the NHS one tells you you have 30 seconds left etc, the C25K one just says 'run' and so I concentrate on the countdown and not on my music so it seems to take forever! So I'm switching back!

BTW love love love listening to Blondies new single 'what I heard' whilst running just the right pace!
For the rest of it it's P!nk mostly, a few others scattered on too! Love Westlife's 'home' on cooldown lol!

So whatcha listening to?

Welshtigger said:
Also-very naughty of me-I did wk3 day2 with Nick after work this evening but alot slower than normal as it's a big jump for him to 3 mins, but he's doing really well-first week on SW and lost 12.5lbs! I'm such a failure at the moment and to be honest I'm dead chuffed for him but it's made me feel 10 times worse :(]

Wow welshtigger, you're pretty hardcore! I'm aching loads after my run yesterday I couldn't imagine going out again today let alone doing 2 in one day!!! I bet it must be disheartening with your partners losses but its not a competition!! And he's only just started, you always lose more in the first few weeks. Don't beat yourself up, you're doing brilliantly with the running & that's massively important. Exercise is the key I think :)

Shirleen said:
BTW love love love listening to Blondies new single 'what I heard' whilst running just the right pace!
For the rest of it it's P!nk mostly, a few others scattered on too! Love Westlife's 'home' on cooldown lol!

So whatcha listening to?

I have lots of Queen, some classic 80s tracks, some good old 90s like skunk anansie & prodigy & then some modern pop. Very mixed! But I'm getting bored after 6/7 weeks of it so will definitely be hunting out my pink albums & get the new blondie one. Thanks Shirleen :)

slimjim79 said:
I have lots of Queen, some classic 80s tracks, some good old 90s like skunk anansie & prodigy & then some modern pop. Very mixed! But I'm getting bored after 6/7 weeks of it so will definitely be hunting out my pink albums & get the new blondie one. Thanks Shirleen :)

I actually bought '101 Running Trax' on iTunes!! Some great songs on there-but I've also got dad anthems-which is stuff like mission impossible, the a team and other tv themes!!! Lol

Just completed wk4d2 this evening. Am very tired so found the second 5 mins a bit of a struggle!! My run pace was 28 secs slower and my walk pace was identical, but I covered more distance so I think taking bigger strides when I run is starting to make a difference!
Am contemplating entering a 5 mile run on November 6th, but still by sure about it-think I'm still too heavy to do it! I know it sounds stupid, but I would hate to be the slowest and everyone be standing waiting for me to finish :(
The possible thinking behind it, is that in 9 weeks I could obv complete the b210k, but it's how quick I can finish off c25k again!! Will need to Sit down and do some working out! x

Panting along, that's what I do!

Did w7d2 today which I'm really pleased about, as when the alarm went off at 5:10am I really didn't think I was going to be able to get up! Dog tired now :)

slimjim79 said:
Panting along, that's what I do!

Did w7d2 today which I'm really pleased about, as when the alarm went off at 5:10am I really didn't think I was going to be able to get up! Dog tired now :)

I can't believe you get up at 5:10AM !!! to go running!! Aarrggghhhh!!! Lol!

Back