C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

My trainers rubbed when I got them and it disnt get better. the manufacturer sent me a new model as they said they shouldn't rub.

I've just completed week 6 today :D

Do you guys just do 3 podcasts per week or do a pod cast then have a rest day then move onto the next podcast even if I means doing more that 3 per week? I'm confused lol xx

I did the weeks 2 to about 5, twice a day actually, when the runs were just 1 to 3 minutes long, I'd do one lot , rest for 10minutes and then do the next one. Once I got to 10 minute runs I totally needed a longer rest!! But I did use to do consecutive days. These days, technically I've finished C25K and am on C210k and I really need a days rest in-between. Hard work!!

I do mine when I can so I might do three runs in three days, then rest for three days. After the run I do strength training but that is definitely with rest days as you don't benefit otherwise

Hmmm. Feeling a big down about C25K. Ive just been reading about peoples speeds and mine seem really pathetic.

Brisk walk/warm up - 3.5mph
Jogging - 4.5mph

I have been skipping rest days and am only doing two each set twice which seems like cheating. Plus my treadmill is dodgy. The incline is set at 26.5 which affects the distance Ive run. Also the speeds are in Km, so even psychologically the speed seems to much, e.g. 5mph = 8kmph.

I think time matters more to me than distance so its more about enduring for me then I can build up my speed. So complete c25k on 4.5mph then do it at 4.6mph etc

Do you think think this could work?

Chunkeymonkey said:
Hmmm. Feeling a big down about C25K. Ive just been reading about peoples speeds and mine seem really pathetic.

Jogging - 4.5mph

I have been skipping rest days and am only doing two each set twice which seems like cheating. Plus my treadmill is dodgy. The incline is set at 26.5 which affects the distance Ive run. Also the speeds are in Km, so even psychologically the speed seems to much, e.g. 5mph = 8kmph.

I think time matters more to me than distance so its more about enduring for me then I can build up my speed. So complete c25k on 4.5mph then do it at 4.6mph etc

Don't worry about the speed-the first time I did the program I was running really slowly-like 6.5/7kmph on the treadmill, them outside I was doing 14min miles, like you say its more important to build up the stamina! It's only now that I'm doing it a second time that I'm running a little bit faster.
I don't understand why you say you're cheating tho? But then I have just woken up-as I'm on nights!!!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

http://www.minimins.com/members/59800-chunkeymonkey.html Chunkeymonkey i am walking at 3.10mph and jogging at 4.35mph, for me its not about the speed more about being able to complete each day, i can improve on speed and distance once my body is more used to jogging.
I am confused to what "only doing two each set twice which seems like cheating" . Are u only doing each one only twice a week instead of three times?

Don't worry about the speed-the first time I did the program I was running really slowly-like 6.5/7kmph on the treadmill, them outside I was doing 14min miles, like you say its more important to build up the stamina! It's only now that I'm doing it a second time that I'm running a little bit faster.
I don't understand why you say you're cheating tho? But then I have just woken up-as I'm on nights!!!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Ahh. I just meant that I haven't been doing weekly

Ive done:

3rd - W1D1
4th - W1D2
5th - W2D1
6th - Rest
7th - W2D2
8th - W3D1
9th - Rest
10th - W3D2
11th - Rest

OMG TODAY! I did 6min warm up and 24mins NON-STOP at 4.5mph and 5 mins warm down. My legs went really warm and feet started to get numb?

I honestly couldn't believe my will power!?!?!?

Am I going to slow then? I'm running at 6kmph! What should it be?

Chunkeymonkey said:
Ahh. I just meant that I haven't been doing weekly

Ive done:

3rd - W1D1
4th - W1D2
5th - W2D1
6th - Rest
7th - W2D2
8th - W3D1
9th - Rest
10th - W3D2
11th - Rest

OMG TODAY! I did 6min warm up and 24mins NON-STOP at 4.5mph and 5 mins warm down. My legs went really warm and feet started to get numb?

I honestly couldn't believe my will power!?!?!?

It's best to stick to the programme and the correct number if runs as when you get to wk5, days 1,2&3 are all different and I think it's crucial to follow it all :)

Jogging - 4.5mph

Don't skip the rest days, as you need to build up that new muscle and if you don't give it a chance to build it will make you less fit in the long run, people who are already very active can run daily but even then should have rest days.

Don't worry about speed, as no matter how slow you go you are going faster than the couch!

Check out some sites that talk about running/rest days and strength training.

Welshtigger said:
Just done wk5d3 on the treadmill :) slower than Sunday but still at a nice steady 8.2kph :) really starting to properly enjoy my running again-roll on b210k xx

Well done!

I'm also wishing I could start b210k but I need to bet my bottom in gear as I haven't run in nearly 2 weeks & I have no excuse! Starting week 8 tomorrow, 28 min run, I WILL do it, well start at least!!

Hi all,
Just noticed this thread, i like it.
Im on Wk9D2 tomorrow. I found the 30 min run at 8.2kph not too bad except the last 4 mins where i was egging myself on, DO NOT GIVE UP!!! So hopefully tomorrow will go good too. I actually would not have been able to do this if it wasnt for the this programme. I have also downloaded the app to my android phone and i swear by it, it has gotten me this far!!!
I hope to run the mini marathon next year so at least there is goal there in the future to work towards. I had set a goal of running 35 min by xmas, but i should complete that goal by end of next week if all goes to plan and then its on to b210k :) Really starting to enjoy it now, and its not so much as a dreaded exercise now as much as a nice run :)

Back