C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

I'll let you know tomorrow how I get on. I know I can do it though. It's doesn't seem to be my legs or breathing that struggle but my mind!!!xx

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:character00116::clap::happy036::bliss::whacky068::woohoo::bunnydance::stickdance::wee::party0011::banana dancer::party0049::party0019:

20 minutes running with no walking at all!! That was after 30 minutes of weights with a personal trainer (free session!!) and before 15 minutes on the bike. Needless to say I'm a happy bunny!!!

:D:character00116::clap::happy036::bliss::whacky068::woohoo::bunnydance::stickdance::wee::party0011::banana dancer::party0049::party0019:

20 minutes running with no walking at all!! That was after 30 minutes of weights with a personal trainer (free session!!) and before 15 minutes on the bike. Needless to say I'm a happy bunny!!!
Thats amazing!!! Well done!! You should be very proud!!!! x

OMG! You are a legend! That's brilliant! So well done!
I was pretty proud of my second 25 minute run this morning but to do 20 AFTER weights and then get on a bike! Wow!

Be loud! Be proud!

xx

Oh poor you :( Resting is the best thing and you'll be back running before you know it :)

WK7D2

Another 25 minute run under my belt :D :D

I'm not going to jinx it by getting complacent or pretend for one minute that it was easy ( the last minute is a killer!), but I was reasonably comfortable for most of the run. I find there's a 'crisis point' about 3-4 minutes in when, if I listened to my inner wimp, I might stop. However if I ignore her and push on I'm fine.

There's a good gym at the leisure centre where I swim, so last night I took up their offer of a free 'taster' session. I wanted to have a go at running on a treadmill because I'm wondering how much longer I'm going to be able to un outside. It was fun, (although I much prefer having a destination to run to). What amazed me though was how casually I just got on and ran for 5 mins - not a second thought!

Now if you'd told me I'd soon be able do that when I was back in Wk 3..........

Another 25 minute run under my belt :D :D

I'm not going to jinx it by getting complacent or pretend for one minute that it was easy ( the last minute is a killer!), but I was reasonably comfortable for most of the run. I find there's a 'crisis point' about 3-4 minutes in when, if I listened to my inner wimp, I might stop. However if I ignore her and push on I'm fine.

There's a good gym at the leisure centre where I swim, so last night I took up their offer of a free 'taster' session. I wanted to have a go at running on a treadmill because I'm wondering how much longer I'm going to be able to un outside. It was fun, (although I much prefer having a destination to run to). What amazed me though was how casually I just got on and ran for 5 mins - not a second thought!

Now if you'd told me I'd soon be able do that when I was back in Wk 3..........

You're doing so well!! Are you going to be going to the gym more often now? I'm thinking of setting myself a half marathon challenge for March. It'll be tough getting ready for it and it means I'll need to run outside (in the cold, wet winter :( ) xx

Week 7 complete!

Followed the podcast recommendation this morning and upped the pace for the last minute of my run this morning .....and didn't die :D

It was probably a good thing because I'm now not QUITE so apprehensive about Wednesday's 28 minute run.

TWENTY EIGHT minutes..........eeeeeeeeek!

Dx

Followed the podcast recommendation this morning and upped the pace for the last minute of my run this morning .....and didn't die :D

It was probably a good thing because I'm now not QUITE so apprehensive about Wednesday's 28 minute run.

TWENTY EIGHT minutes..........eeeeeeeeek!

Dx
You've done brilliantly!!! Well done!!!

Doing mine in a mo!!!! : ) x

wk4 D3 roll on wk 5!!

Hey guys! You're all doing so brilliantly! I just started Week 1 Day 1 yesterday! Was so shocked that I actually got through it! Feeling positive about it. Still can't imagine myself running the whole thing though lol. Day 2 on Tuesday, hopefully! :D

So today i have been super productive.... washing and ironing done.... housework done right through and thought right.... time for my run!!!

So on my treadmill i get.... flick on my little dvd player.... so i do my 5 min walk and then start my run.... get engrossed in my dvd until i think....'oooh when do i walk...' And then think.... crikey i've been running ages.....

I only started on the week 4 session 2 not week three..... but thought sod it! I'll give it a go!!! And i did it!!! OMG..... I thought i should go back to my week 3 but dont want to go backwards.... Hopefully i wont live to regret the decision... but i'm sticking with week 4 now!!!

XXX

Hey guys! You're all doing so brilliantly! I just started Week 1 Day 1 yesterday! Was so shocked that I actually got through it! Feeling positive about it. Still can't imagine myself running the whole thing though lol. Day 2 on Tuesday, hopefully! :D

Hi there!

I still find it hard to believe that I now run for 25 mins......W1D1 nearly killed me! Trust the programme - it's fab!

Good luck tomorrow....don't forget to tell us how you get on!

Dx

Back