C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

w6d3 done :) it was tougher going than usual today. Not sure why, it wasn't my legs or breathing just couldn't wait to finish!!!

Need to invest in a tub of vaseline though!! I've got a lovely blister forming on my foot :)

Ouch! Take care Hun!

xx

rachel1984 said:
w6d3 done :) it was tougher going than usual today. Not sure why, it wasn't my legs or breathing just couldn't wait to finish!!!

Need to invest in a tub of vaseline though!! I've got a lovely blister forming on my foot :)

Ouch! Is there any way to prevent them or are they inevitable?

Wk4 d3 complete... roll on week 5!!!

Do you find the middle session hardest....

I've gor WK4D3 on Sunday.... I'm terriffied of week 5!!!

Well done!!! XXX

I find the middle session hardest (WK8D2 in a few minutes ;)) and the middle of each session the hardest.
It's a mental thing as much as anything........believe in yourself, you CAN do it!

xx

Got my knees over the hump......

Woo!.....I'm not saying Wednesday was easy but today was HARD!

My knees were trying to wuss out at the end of the warm-up walk! I really had to dig deep to get through the first 10 minutes of the run. After that there's a very, very, gradual downhill slope on the trail I use; you wouldn't even notice it, if you were walking, but I was sooooo grateful for it today ;)

I tweaked my route to avoid getting back to the main road before the start of my cool down walk. It's a very busy road and on Wednesday, I had to stop for quite a while waiting for a gap in the traffic. I could have run on the spot I guess but that felt silly! Anyway, I did the full 28 mins today :D :D

I find the middle session hardest (WK8D2 in a few minutes ;)) and the middle of each session the hardest.
It's a mental thing as much as anything........believe in yourself, you CAN do it!

xx
Ooooh glad its not just me.... plus the first run i the session.... i'm like... oh god!!! But then it gets easier!!! Phew!!

Woo!.....I'm not saying Wednesday was easy but today was HARD!

My knees were trying to wuss out at the end of the warm-up walk! I really had to dig deep to get through the first 10 minutes of the run. After that there's a very, very, gradual downhill slope on the trail I use; you wouldn't even notice it, if you were walking, but I was sooooo grateful for it today ;)

I tweaked my route to avoid getting back to the main road before the start of my cool down walk. It's a very busy road and on Wednesday, I had to stop for quite a while waiting for a gap in the traffic. I could have run on the spot I guess but that felt silly! Anyway, I did the full 28 mins today :D :D

Well done chick!!! Thats amazing!!! x

I may venture to an outdoor run next week..... MAY i said....MAY..... I'm scared!!! lol...

Good on yer! It's much easier to do the longer runs IMHO......somehow focussing on a landmark in the distance is easier than watching a clock or waiting for a beep :D

Had to stop halfway through week 1 day 3 today. Leg felt like summat was pulling in the back of my thigh but i carried on until i realised its just getting worse about halfway through. Gonna try it again Sunday if it stops hurting!

Had to stop halfway through week 1 day 3 today. Leg felt like summat was pulling in the back of my thigh but i carried on until i realised its just getting worse about halfway through. Gonna try it again Sunday if it stops hurting!
It will hun.... dont get disheartened... wait for it to be better.... And get straight back at it...

Sometimes a hot bath helps with that kind of thing!!! Or cycling believe it or not... My OH is an ultra distance runner... he swears by cycling if its lactic acid thats making your leg hurt!!!! x

Well.........I've completed week 6, but decided to throw in an extra run today. Instead of making my way to the gym, I ran outside with my oh. I actually really enjoyed it. Did 2 miles, but ran the whole way. Feel like I could do it all over again. Probably helps that the sun is shining today mind :)

Well.........I've completed week 6, but decided to throw in an extra run today. Instead of making my way to the gym, I ran outside with my oh. I actually really enjoyed it. Did 2 miles, but ran the whole way. Feel like I could do it all over again. Probably helps that the sun is shining today mind :)

SHOW OFF!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Only kidding babe! I'm thrilled that you're getting such a kick out of it!

How nice that you can run with your OH! Can't see hubs EVER running with me, but he's keen for us to go cycling together. Now I'm not carrying a whole extra small person around on my belly....that's probably my next exercise hobby. :D

Dx

Deezer said:
It will hun.... dont get disheartened... wait for it to be better.... And get straight back at it...

Sometimes a hot bath helps with that kind of thing!!! Or cycling believe it or not... My OH is an ultra distance runner... he swears by cycling if its lactic acid thats making your leg hurt!!!! x
Thanks :) will keep it in mind for next time. Sat with an ice pack last night cos it was really painful. Most of the pain has gone now though so gonna do it again tomorrow :)

rachel1984 said:
Thats fab!

Back