C25K Running Thread!!

Glad I found this thread.

I started C25K 2 weeks ago, just about to start week 3.

I am actually really enjoying it though not at the time of running - I wish it was over but once I've completed it, I want to go again LOL!

Exactly what i say about it.

i got to D3W5 when i hurt my ankle and have only just started jogging again. i have completed week 1 again but i think that i am going to go straight onto week 3 as my ankle doesnt feel that bad. good luck and post on here how you are doing.

iphone? pah dont swear at me! :giggle:

RIM for life :p

Well done ladies! all doing so well!!

I just did W3D2 and it killed. I did it with hills though because im not at work friday, im off to the zoo so plenty of walking instead! Im hoping to go out sunday and do it on the streets :eek: as well as doing a repeat tomorrow morning before work :cool:

Shabba your doing this on blackberry?
I have a a blackberry and an ipod nano.. not an ipod touch or iphone etc. can i do this using one of them? im confused as to how the apps work etc any help would really be appreciated x

i use a stopwatch and just time myself. i cant use the earphones as i take my puppy with me and i have to be aware of her. bloody maniac dog

I have been playing around with this for a while. I found being older and heavier, my joints were maybe not ready for me to be pounding on them. I've been doing spin instead but doing a 1k run/walk on the treadmill every now and then.

I can now run for 2 minutes at 9kph before needing to slow down for a walk (5.6kph) but I did 3.5 mins at 8kph last night before needing to slow the pace (could have done more but had a stitch).

What speeds do you all use for the C25K?

i just go at the speed that is comfortable for me. i dont know if i am going to slow but i try and do it so i feel a bit breathy afterwards.

I have been playing around with this for a while. I found being older and heavier, my joints were maybe not ready for me to be pounding on them. I've been doing spin instead but doing a 1k run/walk on the treadmill every now and then.

I can now run for 2 minutes at 9kph before needing to slow down for a walk (5.6kph) but I did 3.5 mins at 8kph last night before needing to slow the pace (could have done more but had a stitch).

What speeds do you all use for the C25K?

I run outside so have no idea what speed i run outside but on the odd occasion where i have used a treadmill i usually find a speed of 8.2 is comfortable and steady enough for me to run atleast 30minutes.

Its not all about getting a faster speed - try and find one that feels 'right' and go with that for a while then gradualy increase it :) x

I run outside so have no idea what speed i run outside but on the odd occasion where i have used a treadmill i usually find a speed of 8.2 is comfortable and steady enough for me to run atleast 30minutes.

Its not all about getting a faster speed - try and find one that feels 'right' and go with that for a while then gradualy increase it :) x

Thanks for that, its really helpful. I picked 9kpm as it has its own button on the treadmill so I can go from 6 to 9 in one swoop.

However, I was on one of the older treadmills last night so just went to 8kpm and it was much more comfortable for me.

I think I will look at that speed for running and see how I get on.

You look gorgeous by the way. :)

Thanks chick.
Just take your time and run at a comfortable pace for you. You shouldn't be out of breathe and should still be able to talk whilst running :) x

Last edited:
I did one day of c25K and then didn't do it again as I can't get to a gym and have to do it outside but the weather put me off. I am aiming to start it up again no matter what the weather as I really need to get my butt in gear to start losing weight again. How many days a week are you supposed to do it as I didn't get that bit?

Its 3 times a week love. Not much really and to be honest running in the rain or if its overcast is alot better than running if its full sun etc :)

Thanks summergurl
I'm now determined to do this no matter what the weather and you are right if it's raining it is better than running in the sun :)
Many congrats on your slimming journey - you've done so well :)

Its a follow on programme from couch to 5k! But will get you running 10k within 60minutes :)

Ah i didn't get it online sweet, i couldnt find it for free anywhere so i downloaded it on my iphone. It only cost £1.59 or £1.79 but is defo worth it :)

Had a week off the gym but on Saturday tried a slightly slower pace of jog/run. I set the treadmill to 7.5 and managed 8 mins with no walking inbetween. I covered 1km so very happy. I would have gone for longer but only had 10 mins before my Body Pump class started.

If I get time to go back tonight, I will programme it to do 1.5km and see if I can do that without needing a walk inbetween.

I'm very surprised at how much I can do now, not a lot by many peoples standards but by my own, its amazing!

Is this programme good? I walk some days in the week and plan to do some swimming once or twice a week too, with some weights in between. Will this be a good addition? I heard and read good things about it

A lot of people swear by it. I have been doing my own thing really, just building up slowly. I did the first week of this and felt knackered. This week I managed 1500meters at 7.4kph so a slow run but a run nethertheless and I could barely manage a minute before I looked into the c25k. So for me, as a complete non-runner, it has helped me get into running even though I have not followed it properly.

Is this programme good? I walk some days in the week and plan to do some swimming once or twice a week too, with some weights in between. Will this be a good addition? I heard and read good things about it

It's brilliant!!!!! :D I swear by this programme - it has now encouraged me to get onto the Bridge to 10k programme of which i am on week 3 and i have also signed up for a 1/2 marathon next year! Without C25K i would have never been able to get out there and just run. Now I can run for 51minutes and i feel bloody fab for it! :)

Defo try it out x

This morning i did day 1 wk 1 of the c25k
Hard while i was doing it but now i'm seriously impressed that i did it.

Going to do Day 2 wed.

Not sure i can imaging every being able to run more than the 60 seconds, but even thats more than normal lol

Also hoping as i loose weight, will become easier x

Back