C25K Running Thread!!

Shabba

Loves the Nom Nom!!!
I intend to do this on Monday at the gym. It looks really hard and disciplined but i cant wait to give it a go! Ill be really pooped after :giggle:

Is anyone else doing it?

Last edited:
Shabba what does it involve? I've never heard of it before.

Couch to 5k - C25K Running Program

It is a programme designed to get people from the couch and running 5k!

Im certainly going to give it my best shot! If i do well maybe OH will let me have the running trainers i want :giggle:

Oooh looks good I might give that a go myself. Thanks for that x

I'm on W1D3 today. I missed Friday due to child-crisis (long story!) and the weekends aren't do-able for me, so I'm still on W1D3 today! I walk for 30mins on my 'rest' days to keep my metabolsim going. So far so good? I'm doing it on a treadmill at the minute as I live on a cra**y country road that is just too dangerous to go walking on, plus I have no babysitter, so I'm using my boss's treadmill during my lunchbreaks, or coming in early to use it before work.

EDIT: Just completed it, it's a good job there's a shower on-site, I'm sweating, but not overly, and I'm not utterly breathless (walking 5kph, jogging 8kph)- yayy me!!!:D I think I'll do another day of W1 though, the 4-day break since the last day wasn't a good idea? I'll do my walking tomorrow, then another day of W1 on Wednesday, then walking, then begin W2 on Friday. Thats the plan anyway?:p;)

Last edited:
Well i've done it and like you i wasnt overly bad with sweat or out of breath but i know i've done it! I was expecting it to be a lot harder than it was!!! :giggle: I guess it helps i've been going to the gym 3 times a week since Feb, but i was ill last week and it knocked me sideways!

Im back in the gym on Wednesday now for W1W2 :cool: I printed out the worksheet and its so nice seeing a bit fat X across the first 1 :giggle:

Well done! :D I think the idea of gradually building up your stamina by slowly increasing the jogging periods is a great idea? The first time I tried this I nearly passed out after one jogging period, never mind after one session! LOL! Granted I was over 2st heavier, but I'd been walking regularly everyday for a month before I even attempted it!
I feel so good after doing it I think there must be some truth in the idea that exercise releases feel-good endorphins? I feel like I could do another session tomorrow, but my head knows I need to let my body recover...baby steps & all that? ;):p

Have just completed week one day one and I'm buzzing. It was tough, I'm totally unfit so I'll admit I struggled a bit but I totally enjoyed it. Anyone else using Robert Ullreys podcasts? Not my type of music but well suited to jogging I think and I have no idea how I'd have timed it without it. Could have strangled him about 20 mins in though when he said that you should be "feeling the effects but no tired or out of breath". I was ready to drop.
Congrats on everyones efforts, pats on backs all round. I can't wait til I can do it and not get out of breath Shabba, I thinks that's the worse bit, but thats years of smoking (not anymore)for you.
Roll on wk1day2.

:gen126: Well done!!! :D Once you take the first step and feel good about it it makes it easier to continue!
I havent got the podcasts though i just use my own music and i use the minutes on the treadmill. I dont think i can cope with a guy telling me things like that :giggle:

Im really excited about tomorrow :character00116:

It was tough, I'm totally unfit so I'll admit I struggled a bit but I totally enjoyed it. Anyone else using Robert Ullreys podcasts? Not my type of music but well suited to jogging I think and I have no idea how I'd have timed it without it. Could have strangled him about 20 mins in though when he said that you should be "feeling the effects but no tired or out of breath". I was ready to drop.
PMSL!! Me too! The musics not my cup of tea either, but it's great for the timing and makes the time pass easier? It also means I can use the 'rest/walking' time to concentrate on getting my breath back rather than watching the timer to see when I have to jog again! I use my own music on my 'walking' days in between C25K sessions so it's all good! Looking forward to W2D1! (I can't believe I just typed that! :p )

:giggle: we must be mad! But its all motivation :flirt2:

:giggle: we must be mad! But its all motivation :flirt2:
My motivation will be seeing the scales start to move down again! LOL! ;):p
W2D1 today...uh-oh! Will update later...

Good luck with it Irishmum, let us know how you get on. Did my W1D2 this morning, went ok I think, well I finished so that can't be bad. Not sure whether I'm gonna get up at stupid-o'clock to keep it up when I go back to work (am on holiday this week) coz will be too dark by the time I get in from work and get my little 'un in bed. What I think I might do is stick to week one and just do it on my days off (ie twice a week) until clocks go forward then up it to three sessions and move to week 2. Any advice?

W2D1 today and I feel GOOD!!! I really needed the 2min break in between jogs but I did it!!! I've no aches at all, just a little breathlessness, but nothing that I can't cope with? I was clock-watching towards the end but when I realised I only had one jogging sequence left I went for it. I'm so proud of myself. I still can't ever see myself jogging for more than 5mins at a time, but baby steps eh? LOL!
Dextermummy- If you could, I'd stick at the W2 programme as much as you can? If you get your stamina up to 1 1/2min jogs I'd keep at it? Could you get someone to watch your wee one for 1/2hr at the weekends and squeeze in a session then? That would sort of keep you on schedule? Theres no law says you have to complete it in 9wks- I know I'll be repeating a good few of the weeks- especially W5D3 (from an 8min jog to a 20min jog the next session?? WTF?? Who thought that was a brilliant idea?? LOL!)

Thanks Irishmum, but unfortunately I only get two days off in total. Having someone to watch him when I'm off isn't the problem as hubby is a stay at home dad, just on days I work I dont get in till 6ish, if I'm lucky, then I spend half hour with him before bed. Plus will be doing extra the next couple of weeks coz of mothers day the easter (I work in card retail). Think I'm gonna stick with wk1 for a bit anyway, at least until I stop feeling like I'm gonna collapse/be sick/cry at the end of it. Don't get me wrong I am enjoying it, just finding it hard. Besides for the purpose I'm doing it for, improve fitness and burn a few cals, wk1 will do fine. I would like to progress through and eventually do the 5k but not bothered about doing it in anywhere close to 9 weeks.

Anyway did wk1d3 today, know I should have had a rest day but don't think I'll get a chance tomorrow, will be getting ready for my right royal p*** up tomorrow night, and plan to be far too hungover saturday to do anything other than groan.

How are you guys getting on?

LOL! Well, the main thing is you're getting some exercise, right? Working 5 days a week and trying to fit in family time is tough- I know! I'm lucky in that I can squeeze in my workout during the work day, but the weekends are MINE!
Trying to motivate myself to do W2D2 today. I'm not feeling too hot. I was up a lot of the night with my youngest (2) who wakened every hour or so, so am wrecked today, but if I don't do it then it'll be Monday before I get back on track...and thats not good? I'll be able to do an hours walking tomorrow while my eldest is at football training, but it's not the same? Ah well...

Damn & Blast it!! Finally got myself motivated to attempt W2D2 and was half way through when I was needed back to work!!! Arghhh!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
Never mind, I got 3 jogging sequences in, and plan to get an hours walking (with a 3 stone child in a pram!:p) tomorrow evening, so all is not lost. I'm not counting it though, so Monday will be W2D2 all over again!
Good luck everyone!

I've just downloaded the podcasts, cos I can't keep track on my own. I had problems getting wk 4 onto my itunes, but I'll try again nearer to wk4. Just wondered if anyone else found these podcasts useful.

Hi Guys, How's everyone doing?

I find the podcasts useful Surfhunny, but I'm afraid I cant help with any technical issues as my hubby sorts all that for me.

Well I did wk2 day1 today. Have figured will just plough on for the mo, and worry about time to do them when I get back to work as and when it arises. Did find out something quite interesting this session though. I really was struggling with breathlessness last week, and at first today but with the slightly longer 'run' segments I found I was forced to slow my pace to a really slow, steady jog pace. I suspect I was going far too fast for my fitness level (not deliberately just through lack of experience), and found breathing alot easier at my new granny pace. I did find I felt this session more in my legs than the wk1 sessions, but all in all surprisingly manageable.

Have you started yet Surfhunny, or are you just preparing at mo? If you have how are you getting on.

Good luck for w2d2try2 for tomorrow Irishmum.

And hows Shabba getting on??

Happy Jogging ladies!

He he just preparing at the moment. I'm very good at getting ready, not so good at the doing. I've had a quick listen to the first podcast and the timing points are good, but not too sure about the music tho. But I'll give it a go and see how I get on. Either start tomorrow or Tuesday. Will let you know how I get on. x

Back