C25K Running Thread!!

Hey girls,
wished i'd seen this thread earlier, im currently on W3D1 and really loving it, not finding it too bad at the mo but i bet W4 will hit me hard!

Irishmum - if i dont do hills now i wont manage it at home :giggle: I live on a hill and all my possible routes include hills :mad: the forest run i enjoy walking is a big hill so i need to get up it. last time i tired i wanted to die :(
Well done on W3!!!!!

Hiya dreamingmaid! :D

I have to say i let myself down and didnt do a thing, i did walk all over chester zoo though :eek: so im back on W3W1 at dinner!

Morning Ladies! Had a long busy weekend (which involved a VERY late night sat. night which I'm still not totally over! LOL!) and am due to start W4D1 today...I'm not sure I'll make it though? 2 x 3min jogs & 2 x 5min jogs?:eek: The 2 x 3min jogs near killed me last week, but I'll give it a go & see how I get on? I might surprise myself! (But if I'm not back on here later on you'll know I'm in A & E! :p)

Well i nearly killed myself! you could tell i hadnt done it for a few days but i feel better! :cool:

Good luck with W4!!! :eek: Im not sure i could manage 5mins yet

We have just bought a treadmill and I use these podcasts. Music is not to my taste and it's really only for the beeps to tell me when to change. I did w1d1 on Saturday, walking at 4.5kph and jogging at 7.5kph. Might increase but 0.5 on each for today's w1d2 session.

Evening ladies. Did my w1d2 today. Increased walking to 5kph and jogging to 8kph. It was slightly out of my comfort zone, but not so much that I could finish. I'm going for an incline on Wednesday for w1d2, but will decrease my speed again.

Well done!! :D

I walk at 5.5 and run at 7.5

I feel comfortable at those. Its a fast walk and a light jog, perfect for me.

Morning ladies. I found these 2 challenges for my 'down days'. 200sit-ups & 200squats. Anyone fancy joining me? They also do a push-ups and a pull-ups programme, but I figure I'll give the sit-ups and squats a go first.

I cant do either :giggle: Im useless at both.

I might give the squats a go in a few weeks though! :cool:

Did the sit-ups, squats & also tackled the push-ups. Not sure I'll ever do 100/200 of them, but I'm not convinced I'll run 5k either, still, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

ooooh rather you than me! :giggle:

Im back on the treadmill today :flirt2: W3W2 again :D

I've been out of action/offline this last few days with a horrendous cold.:sigh: I couldn't actually breathe properly until today (& I'm still pretty bunged up!) but I'm off to finally attempt W4D1...attempt I say...:eek::p

Good luck IrishMum. You'll be fine, and if not, try again another day. That's why I love this programme. You don't fail if you don't get through a section, you just try again another day, and keep trying until you get through it.

Thanks Evanesco!

Well.....I DID IT!!!!! I can't believe I jogged for 2 x 5mins sessions!!!:party0019::party0048::thankyouthankyou:The first 3 jogging sessions were fine(!), the last 5 min one I really had to push myself, counting down in 30sec segments, but I DID IT!!!! Who-hooO!!!!!
I can't wait to try this outside to see what difference it makes, but for now I'm thrilled my stamina has increased so much in such a short time!!
No change on the scales yet, but thats project no.2 at the minute?;)

So folks...there really is hope for ALL couch potatoes out there!!:D:D:D

Since today was my rest day I did my 100 push-ups:200 sit-ups:200 squats challenge.

Here's how I did . . .

Squats: 75
Push-Ups: 17
Sit-Ups: 33

I'm still not convinced I'll finish, but little by little.

I'm using Daily Mile to track my progress, on this and also c25k. I like it because it tells me how many calories I've burnt on my runs.

Well done Irishmum!!!! :talk017::winner:

I managed to do the run on weds and was ok, i was in a majorly peeved mood though so i could have run for hours :mad: Its amazing what you think about when you run and just what you can achieve!!

Im back in tomorrow for my final W3 and ill be on W4 next week :eek:

Im still not prepared to do the squats or anything :giggle: I will have a look at that website though thanks!! :flirt2:

I'm gonna keep asking Shabba lol I never thought I'd do more than 10 sit-ups, but today I did 33. OK, I'm in absolute agony and I'm dreading Saturday for w1d3, I'd rather run, but I refuse to push my body to run that often. Instead, i'm making it do evil sit-ups lol

Back