Caledonian Dukan

Mine are starting to perk back up after the deflation - there is hope! Wear a good bra, do push ups, butterflies, and shrug lifts.

Mine are starting to perk back up after the deflation - there is hope! Wear a good bra, do push ups, butterflies, and shrug lifts.

Can you describe butterflies and shrug lifts for me pretty please :D

I replied in my diary before I checked yours - maybe we should start an exercise thread -although the book has some good ones in it that I keep on meaning to try

So, after a cry at my husband on the phone (I hate how down I get at TOTM) I feel slightly more upbeat that in the last week or so. Have trawled through my gardening catalogues and decided on what to grow this year: rhubarb, spinach, perpetual spinach, butternut squash, summer squash, winter squash, chard, salad leaves, courgettes and carrots. Also petunias and fuschias in windowboxes for the flat and plenty of herbs. Can't wait.

Gardening plans sound good CD ive never tried chard - it was on a cookery programme bright red stems and very green leaves. Last year I grew tomatoes and lettuce. Wouldnt mind having a go at peppers, chillies etc

Love your garden plan - sounds yummy and fun! I'm a horrible gardener, but I keep on putting it on my list of skills to cultivate :) Maybe it'll be easier this year for me to crawl around and squat in the garden without carrying 70+ extra pounds

How long until your hubby is home CD? Am I right in thinking he's back around Valentine's Day? Totm here too, I cried watching the "Fabulous Baker Brothers" last night!!

gardening plans sounds great... i need my polytunnel fixed so i can grow stuff. I also need the ground to defrost so i can plant my rhubarb grrr

Husband here 11th February if the weather is considerate and wind mild enough to let the ferries run. Keeping fingers crossed already as am definitely finding life pretty hard at the minute without his support.:cry:
On the bright side, today is PV - yippee!
Also - it's not pouring with rain, kids are all healthy, get two hours to myself later.:)

Hi CD have a good weekend at least you dont need to rush out and get them to school & nursery - downside no 'YOU' time. Hope the weather is kinder to you up there blowing a gale and pouring down here in Lancashire (rubbish) soon be the 11th Feb xxx

Thanks Chris - you're right 11th Feb is not really all that far.
Today I feel back in the land of living, just, hate,hate,hate TOTM. Mother-in-law coming to take daughter to dancing so I don't have too, yippee. Weigh day tomorrow, hope I haven't gained - might have had a wee bit too much cream cheese to cope with period. Right...housework here I come.

Thanks Chris - you're right 11th Feb is not really all that far.
Today I feel back in the land of living, just, hate,hate,hate TOTM. Mother-in-law coming to take daughter to dancing so I don't have too, yippee. Weigh day tomorrow, hope I haven't gained - might have had a wee bit too much cream cheese to cope with period. Right...housework here I come.
Hope its a good one Mrs X

Fingers crossed for a good weight loss tomorrow CD. Glad TOTM is over, hard to deal with when your feeling a wee bit down with everything and hubby not home. 11th Feb is just around the corner though - it will whizz by in no time. Hope the kids have a good weekend and you do too. My little one away for the night and tbh I am a bit lost so we are going out to BINGO, LOL, dabbers at the ready, I might even have a cheeky vodka and NOT drive home for a change!!! Supposed to be having chinese takeaway after but not sure if that is a Dukan friendly plan as it is a PP day for me - might get some chicken and mushroom and leave the mushroom and the runny sauce!!! We will see. My resolve might have crumbled after the vodka.................. oh dear there could be trouble ahead!!! Nooooooooo worked too hard to let it go now!! x

Well, 1/4lb gain this week which isn't very motivating! However - TOTM all week, quite a lot of cream cheese, really holding water as I am incredibly bloated - I'm not actually too upset. Just hope it's a loss this week. I am going to firmly limit my cream cheese to just a wee bit at breakfast, other than that I just have to keep on with what I'm doing. Wonder if there is anything I can do to help my water retention, it's never been a problem before but this week I've even had to loosen my belt a notch! Will google it I think.

Those herbal water tablets from boots??? My friend swears by them though I can't take them cos of thyroid medication??? Just a thought. At least you know why you are holding water CD and hopefully this week will see a big difference. I think it must be hard for you and ChrisR being so close to target weight now..... Fingers crossed for a brill week ahead. Take care.

Those herbal water tablets from boots??? My friend swears by them though I can't take them cos of thyroid medication??? Just a thought. At least you know why you are holding water CD and hopefully this week will see a big difference. I think it must be hard for you and ChrisR being so close to target weight now..... Fingers crossed for a brill week ahead. Take care.

I was ust on the H & B website, problem with a few of the tabs is that they contain sucrose. However stinging nettle leaf tablets might help. I've NEVER had a problem with retention before so am going to drink even more than normal and am going to doctor's to get referred to gynae dept re TOTM tomorrow so will mention it then. Thanks for support.

It might be the cream cheese CD or water retention a bit of a downer but you will soon sort it - unless you've got a dodgy tile like me in the bathroom. Trudy says im a wally but im now a happy wally for putting the scales on the right spot - MrR says im a twerp for getting bent out of shape for staying the same :) but it is disheartening when I havent done anything different. Have a good dukan week and I will too - take care - hope appt goes ok tomorrow and enjoy your 'ME' time if you get any xxx

Ha Ha twerpy Chris!!
In my "me" time today I am going to the fishmonger and the butcher - last week my "me" time was spent in bank, solicitor and dentist appointments! Maybe next week I'll just laze around watching daytime TV?
Think I might make up some chicken soup to up my protein each day.

I am so tired I'm going to go to bed at the same time as the kids. Very headachey at the minute too. On a positive note I found a lovely little coffee house today which I'm going to sit in tomorrow and relax whilst I have no children. Looking forward to it. Dukan-wise I've decided to add a tin of fish to each day as a snack to make certain I'm having enough protein and to try to help my tiredness. Have rejigged tomorrow's PV:
B - Choc orange muffin, wee bit of cream cheese icing
S - Tin of tuna
L - Omelette, vegetable soup
D - Salmon Fillet (large), spinach
And Wednesday PP:
B - Choc orange muffin, wee bit of icing
S - Tin of tuna
L - Pollack fillet
D - Chicken

Back