Caledonian Smurf's Diary

Hi Cally, sounds horrible and yucky - hope you are recovering now
Xxx

hey peeps, sorry not been around. Still suffering despite antibiotics.... one of the joys of having asthma catch a cold, end up with a cough to rival a rotweilers [sp] bark LOL

Thank you everyone for the get well wishes, and hope you all have a good week, I will try and catch up on your diaries soon.

The cauli tots were a cauli catastrophe {h2bs joke not mine ;)} will try tinkering the recipe when I feel better, as they tasted nice just gloopy. Never can get used to cups of things.:rolleyes:

TOTM done so lost 6 pounds this week, Yay.

Clean and green this week, mostly fish and greens.

Thanx, :), at docs this am, getting there.

Hey we are not alone, someone else out there is clean and green just now.

Hope it goes well for you.

Tonights dinner was nice and fresh, daresay by the end of the week I wont be so convinced. :)

Morning Cally, I know how you feel, Colleen, my wife has asthma, it was a nightmare when we were younger, but with all the new meds she is much better, and we've been married 39 years today :)

well done on the loss, that's really good love.

Congratulations to you both Jim, I hope you have a wonderful day. :candledinner:

My heart goes out to Coleen, i can't begin to imagine how hard it must have been before the medications got so much better.
Good to hear she is doing well, I wouldn't wish Asthma on my worst enemy.

Hey Cally that's a fab loss, well done!

I'm doing clean and green too, woohoo! :)

Jimbo - happy anniversary, hope you're taking the Long Suffering somewhere nice? :)

Feeling sorry for myself today. :cry::eek:

This chest thing is getting me down. H2B flinches every time I cough. Sleeps through it at night tho - then wonders why I am cross when he doesn't want me to nap during the day.:mad:

I have been good with the food, but am craving a slice of hot buttered toast and a mug of hot chocolate.

The clean and green week was arranged before I got sick, hating it now. Sigh, fed up with cheese, maybe I'll nibble a sausage and see if it helps the craving.

Sis and BiL confirmed for the wedding trip as well as niece and nephew and partners. Must try and sort out flights at some point soon, and hire cars, get H2B to try on his kilt, if he loses too much weight we are in trouble ;)

This wee moaning mini is away to nibble.

:( hope you feel better soon.

have you tried dipping crispy bacon in a soft boiled egg? I made the philly pancakes this morning - very yum although tomorrow going to add the cinnamon!!

Ooh that bacon dipping does sound nice.

I like salami and cheese roll ups, omelettes, home made burgers, as well as a good old bacon and egg fry up :)

Hi cally, hope you feel better soon. Agree that being ill is never good but many of us had bad habits that we used to indulge at this point. Hang in there and when you recover you will feel much better for it. Must admit that i think atkins has improved my system and resistance overall - so go with feeding yourself lovely legal food:)

Morning cally, and thanks everyone for the anniversary wishes. ;)

Cally, he'll just have to wrap the skit around then won't he :D

Hope you're feeling a little better love.

Thanx everyone, I am not feeling so down today. Managed to get a few hours sleep this afternoon which helped.

As the doc said your airways naturally narrow night and morning it explains why I feel so bad at those times, living on my ventolin LOL. Antobio's finished today. Doc said I could be stuck with cough 3 to 4 week tho - oh joy!!

Kat1e - you are so right about habits, I was tempted but knew it was a comfort thing and I would have to do induction again. Quite proud of myself for resisting, wouldn't have only a few months ago - must be learning.

Ese, must admit usually only stick to fried egg, but may give it a go, or maybe scrambled - would miss the runny yolk tho.
I sometimes have streaky fried crispy and dip it in Philli. How do you make the pancakes? they sounds good.

Hee hee - cheers Jim, only wish it was so simple, :D, blasted kilts have slits and buckles to sort out and I am rubbish at sewing.:eek: nappy pins perhaps;)

Having trout and stir fried cabbage tonight, bacon and eggs this morning. So on track diet wise. Not doing so well on water, hurts to swallow. Been coughing so hard mt throat bleeds, not good. Must try harder with the H2O.

Sounds like the same nasty virus I have!!! So I do sympathise with you, and I've jut started the anti b's.....

Hope you get better soon xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

nice to see you are feeling more up than down. Have you tried sucking ice cubes?? Not sure if it will work but it might slide down rather than having to swallow gulps???

Hi there, sorry you're so poorly, my DH has asthma and this time of year if he gets a chest infection it can get pretty bad.

I made the cream cheese pancakes and they were lovely and soft and not scratchy so they may suit the bad throat at the moment.

My DH was eating the pancakes and moaning about how he was going to fit into his kilt jacket in 3 weeks time. The look on his face when he found out the pancakes were Atkins friendly was priceless. Only problem is now he wants them at the weekend too!

Well done sticking with it. Ouchie on the throat - still remember the worst throat i ever had a few years ago now - couldnt even really manage water which was a bit scary! Luke warm water was the best - if that helps

I feel your pain, touch wood I've not had a sore throat in over a year. One year I had a throat infection every month for 6 months till I was hospitalised on Christmas day! Gutted :(

Still got my blooming tonsils though!

Back