Cali Sweden's Diary

I had a pretty relaxing day. We had really beautiful weather here with lots of sunshine. You learn to appreciate sunny days when you've lived way up here for awhile.

Food wasn't exciting, since we had leftovers. Though I did have 3 pieces of M&M peanuts today. My guy brought home a huge, I got my taste of them, and that was more than enough for me. I'm so happy that after only 3, I don't need any more to satisfy the tastebuds:)

Breakfast: Oatmeal with fiber, mixed berries, milk, cinnamon, and two drops of agave sirup.

Snack: Peeled apple with a table spoon of sun flower seeds.

Lunch: Leftover chicken, frijoles, and salsa.

Snack: 3 pieces of M&M peanuts

Dinner: Leftover chicken, frijoles, salsa on a bed of spinach and ruccola. 2 pieces of dark chocolate for dessert.

Exercise: 30 minutes walk, pushups, crunches, and 60 minutes of yoga.

The scale's been moving very slowly this week. But at least it's moving towards the right direction :)

Yes, you're right Plum, seeing the measurements go down means more muscle mass. I really need them, as I have a long cold winter ahead, so being stronger will help a lot.

Last night I when I was reading the Low GL-Diet Bible by Patrick Holford, I got to Chapter 17 about doing exercise.. On page 221 he said that for those of us doing alot of exercise, the weightloss might be slow in the beginning since we're building muscles. Also to take measurements to watch the inches go away.

So reading that part last night made me feel better. Hopefully one of these I'm going to be a fat burning machine:character00116:.

Cali, I'm sure that all your exercise is doing wonderful things for your body and you ARE going to be a strong, lean, mean fat-burning machine. :D

Thank you Plum :) I really hope so :)

I woke up hungry like I always do. I'm always hungry when I wake up, with or without dieting :) I ate my breakfast but wasn't able to finish it all. Not sure why, but just wasn't that hungry all day.

Didn't do that great on lunch today, as we were out and I had a bite of my bar on the way home. So my lunch ended up being more of a snack then a proper lunch, or a really light late lunch.

My OH had a great idea for tonight's dinner this morning. He said it would be nice to eat tuna salad with quinoa for dinner. It's really nice that he's trying to help come up with healthy meals to eat:) BTW he lost another pound :) :(

Breakfast: Oat porridge with fiber, blue berries, cinnamon, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, and milk. I wasn't able to finish all my breakfast.

Snack: 1 piece dark chocolate mint. 1/4 Allévo dark choco bar in the car.

Lunch: Knäckebröd with cottage cheese mixed with greek yoghurt, topped with sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. 1 peeled apple.

Snack: 1 piece Dark chocolate, 1 piece Droste pastille extra dark choco.

Dinner: Tuna salad. Lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, corn kernels, radish, cucumbers, feta cheese, oranges, tuna and quinoa.

Exercise: 30 minutes walk, pushups, crunches, and 60 minutes of yoga.

It's fantastic how OH is soooo supportive. It makes such a difference to have his input. Well done to him on his extra pound off.

Thank you Molly, from OH. He saw your comment and said "NICE". He felt bad but happy that he lost another pound, because he knows how slow I'm having it atm. Oh well I'm getting alot of muscles at least :)

Yes, I'm very glad that he's being supportive. He's always made me feel pretty even at my biggest. But I know he misses the skinny me too. So I'm losing weight for myself and for him too :)

You're doing really well, Cali. :) It's great that you are losing inches as well as weight. I wish I had your willpower to exercise!

I've become quite addicted to my exercise, I want to do them everyday. I didn't start off this way. In the beginning of dieting, I only did jumping on my mini trampoline.

The exercises I do are very low impact that I was able to do with being really weak, and heavy. If I do too much hard stuff I start to get really bad pains, and well then it's not fun and I'm stuck in bed. So I'm really happy that I found yoga, and of course I'm strong enough to go walking now. I'm actually really surprised at how much I've improved and how strong I've gotten. I used to be out of breath just walking the stairs.

You can try walking alittle bit or try a little bit of yoga. That's how I started, just a little babystep at a time :) Then oneday the babysteps adds up :)

Yes Cali, your exercise regime is admirable. You have great determination that has allowed you to do so well at it! Well done you!

Awwww thanks Molly and Ashie! You guys are making me blush:eek:

I feel I have a long ways to go still, but I'm going to babystep it to the goal! :) And you ladies are a really wonderful support and help that I am so greatful for :)

This week's weight update isn't the best or the worst. I have to admit that I'm quite pleased with it. Throughout the week I'd see a little weightloss here and there, and then next thing you know when it's Tuesday it all adds up :)

I've been exercising almost daily now. I've become addicted to it. There are days that I do feel a little lazy or something, and think nah I don't need to do it today. But then I tell myself, "ok just go on that walk, or now just do at least 20-30 minutes of yoga." Then it turns into an hour of yoga :) I really enjoy the way I feel from my walks and yoga. Also the benefits of shrinking in size helps. Sure a quarter of an inch here or there a week isn't much, but it adds up in the end to an inch or two.

I haven't lost as much weight as I was hoping to, but I've gotten a lot stronger and have a lot more muscles than I did a month ago. Since I should be losing at least 2 lbs a week, and according to my calorie counter I should be losing alot more a week from the exercise. But according to Patrick Holford's Low GL Diet Bible, it does say that for those who began exercising alot it can be a slow start on weightloss, since we're converting fat into muscles. So he recommends to also measure yourself to make sure you're still shrinking in size if the scale doesn't show it. Thank goodness that I started measuring myself when I started the GL diet :) Or else I would have had some depressing weeks a couple of weeks ago.

Here's the 8th weekly weight update:

-1.8 lbs (-.82kg)

Total amount since started: -10.8 lbs (-4.91kg)

Come on Cali! 1.8 is 2 lbs in anyone's book!! 11 lbs in eight weeks is great when you consider you are not starving yourself. You have a fab varied and filling menu every day with treats here and there. Add to that the whole feelgood factor that GL gives you to boot. I say jolly well done, Cali and keep up the great effort!

Thanks Molly :)

I agree all the benefits GL has given me is just wonderful. It's great that I'm not hungry and I'm losing weight :) Also my skin looks a lot better too.

Here here, Irish Molly. Totally agree with you :D

Super well done, Cali. Its great what you have achieved so far. :D And remember, the slower you lose weight the less likely it is you will put it back on.

Come on Cali! 1.8 is 2 lbs in anyone's book!! 11 lbs in eight weeks is great when you consider you are not starving yourself. You have a fab varied and filling menu every day with treats here and there. Add to that the whole feelgood factor that GL gives you to boot. I say jolly well done, Cali and keep up the great effort!

I completely agree with Molly! :) Well done hon!

Thank you ladies! It's so wonderful to have such a great group of ladies supporting me with tips and adivce :) It feels great to know I'm not doing this alone and blind.

I agree Ashie on the losing weight slower it makes it less likely to come back. When I did LCHF I lost the first 9 pounds so quickly, but as soon as I put any carb in my body I gained a third of the weight I lost back, in a matter of two days.

Plus with GL I can do this for life. Of course it doesn't have to be so strict when I reach maintaining weight. But I love how I feel so much more alive and don't crave all the icky bad foods.

Today was another I wasn't too hungry of a day. I didn't finish all my breakfast. I had to force myself to snack, even though I wasn't hungry, but because it was reaching 4 hours or not eating. Gotta keep the sugar level even.

At dinner I wasn't even hungry, but I knew I had to eat or else it'd be too late to eat later on. I was only able to finish half my dinner tonight. Weird how I'm working out alot, but I'm not so hungry like I used to be. I'm actually eating way under my calorie allowance in a day.

I got in a little extra workout tonight. We painted the house some more tonight. This time it was only for an hour and twenty minutes:)

Breakfast: Oat porridge with fiber, blue berries, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, milk, cinnamon, and agave sirup.

Snack: 1 piece dark chocolate.

Lunch: Leftover tuna salad, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, radish, red onion, oranges, feta cheese, corn, tuna and quinoa. I had a huge helping but figured it was ok since it was majority veggies.

Snack: Mixture of cottage cheese and greek yoghurt with pumpkin and sunflower seeds.

Dinner: Leftover tuna salad.

Snack: Two pieces of dark chocolate with two cups of Roobios tea.

Exercise: 30 minutes walk, pushups, crunches, 60 minutes yoga, and 1 hour and 20 minutes of painting the house.

BTW are any of you ladies on MFP???

Back