Cali Sweden's Diary

Hehe love the penguin link!

Molly, thanks for the mention of yaktrax! I've just bought a pair for myself and one for my husband (and one as a Chrimbo pressie for a friend) as they look brilliant. Best to get them in now as I'm sure if we do get snow and ice they'll sell out really quickly.

Food today was pretty good, yippie! I also did yoga so it's a double yippie day!

Breakfast: Oat porridge with raspberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and soy milk.

Lunch: 2 slices of rye bread with a little bit of last night's leftover eggplant, ham and bacon tomato sauce.

Snack: 2 clementines and some Göteborgs kalvkorv.

Dinner: Cooked Ham with pineapples, Halländsk grönkål (Hallandic green kale), and a slice of rye bread.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 34 minutes of yoga.

Ah good stuff Plum. I know the yaktrax are pretty good. Anything that helps keep us upright is worth a try!

Well done Cali on a good food day and a good exercise day.

that kale sounds delish- I love Kale, but it doesn't seem to have caught on with the Aussies. Last winter I only found it at one market stall where they were using it inbetween the crates as a sort of 'decoration'- the store holder looked at me like I'd gone bonkers when I asked if I could buy some....

It's not too popular here, but the province next to us, it's really popular and the dish is named after it. My OH has relatives that live there so I guess it grew on to his family.

Too bad kale hasn't caught on to more places, it's really yummy and versatile too. Oh yeah and good for you. To me it reminds of collard greens from back home. So I sometimes make into a collard greens type dish.

Did they end up selling the kale to you?

Not feeling that hungry tonight, and wasn't really in the mood to cook dinner. Though I know I had to eat something so I wouldn't end up starving myself. Looked in the fridge and thought hmmm, fried eggs with soy sauce is always yummy. Tonight's dinner is breakfast. Can't really complain since it was yummy.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with raspberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and soy milk.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate

Lunch: 2 slices of rye bread with a little bit of last night's leftover eggplant, ham and bacon tomato sauce.

Snack: 1 clementine and some Göteborgs kalvkorv.

Dinner: 2 fried eggs, a tomato, and a slice of rye bread.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 30 minutes of yoga.

Looks good Cali!

Did you mention awhile ago that you were thinking of posting some progress pics? Look forward to seeing them if you decide to! :)

Good day today, Cali. Breakfast is always good at any time of the day. :)

Yeah I'll have to post some pictures up, just trying to get some courage to do it. I still have a hard time looking at those big pictures of myself.

I know what you mean, Cali, but at least now you can look at them in the context of how well you've done since that time. You've done fantastically! :)

I didn't have the greatest of foods last weekend with going to a birthday party etc, but the weight did go down everday after that. I even made it to weigh in weight on Wednesday. But then Thursday morning came and the scale went up again. I ate low GL those days too, but it went up.

Wasn't sure what to expect for weigh in, I was terrified I was going to have a gain this morning. Luckly I didn't have a gain, but I also didn't have any loss :( So this week's weigh in was a STS. I'm not too thrilled but I'm not upset either. I'd much rather take a STS than a gain anyday.

I've come to the conclusion that dieting through the holidays and winter time isn't the easiest task. I need to be realistic and either don't eat a single winter/holiday food, or don't go out at all and be completely anti-social to avoid the parties etc. Or I can simply say to myself be happy that you either lose a pound or two during the holidays or make it out alive with STS and no gain.

Here's the 23rd weekly weight update:

STS (Stay the same weight)

Total amount since started: -21 lbs (-9.55kg)

Cali, I know how frustrating it is to STS but actually, given the season we are in, it's pretty good. You are doing all the right things and the advice you gave me was "hang on in there" and I'm going to give that advice right back to you now :p.

You are right, trying to lose weight now is not the easiest but we are all doing the best that we can, aren't we?

Ashie is right. We can only do our best at this time of year. A STS is a good result. So, go out, enjoy the festivities, try to make some good food choices and worry about any little gain when we all get back in strict mode in January.

Thank you Ashie and Molly :)

It sure is a tough month. I used to never understand why people would choose to start dieting after the holidays. Being this is my first time dieting through the holidays I understand exactly why people wait until after January 1st :)

I am resisting a lot of things. I'm not stuffing lucia buns down my throat so I take it as a good thing :)

Cali, I agree with everything that has been said so far - well done on STS during such a trying time of year! :) and for your ongoing willpower in the face of yummy foods!

Christmas is around the corner. There are so many things going on over here. I'm doing ok with all the going here and there. There are still many more get togethers to go to before Xmas. Food isn't the perfect choices, but I am still getting some low GL in there. So that's a good thing:)

Today is a strict low GL day. Feels pretty good :)

Breakfast: Oat porridge with raspberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, milk and agave syrup.

Lunch: 2 slices of rye bread, peanut butter and jam.

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds, and 2 clementines.

Dinner: Chinese pork, bell pepper, bamboo shoots stir fry, with oat/barley/basmati rice mix.

Snack: 2 pieces of dark chocolate.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 32 minutes of yoga.

I have a get together at my place next week. Well a friend arranged it, but it's going to also be for my birthday since my bday is coming up soon. Since everyone can make it on that day (not easy for everyone to make room for another day during the holidays), I figured it'll be best to celebrate the bday then too, kill two birds with one stone:)

Now I have to think of what to make and bake. Hmmmmmmm decisions :)

Oh it will be lovely having a party for your birthday. You are very much in control of your diet right now so that is a real bonus. GL makes coping with festivities etc much more manageable IMHO. Have a good week.

Back