Cali Sweden's Diary

Happy New Year's!

Hi ladies! I'm back! I've started eating less of the naughties and better good stuff as of yesterday. Though I'm not going to do too strict since it's totm.

But I am feeling better the past two days with eating less of the high GLs :)

Cali, it sounds like you had a lovely time over the holiday. I like your approach too of getting back on track gently. That is the fab thing about GL. We can just start swapping some high gl foods for some better low gl ones. Before you know it, we are back in complete control.
Have a good week !

Happy New Year's everyone!!! So this is my first offical weigh in of the new year, and after the holiday season. Unfortunately I can't say that I lost weight during this past holiday season. I ate everything and anything I wanted. But surprisingly I still wanted to eat healthy good for you foods too. I'm really happy about that.

I gained weight, but I'm not sad about the numbers of the scale, because I know I ate plenty of naughty things. It's also totm this week so that's a little extra added weight for me this week. It was originally only two pounds gain during the holidays until totm came. Now it's time for me to do much better with my low GL foods :).

Here's the 27th weekly weight update:

+3.8 lbs (+1.73kg) totm

Total amount since started: -17.2 lbs (-7.82kg)

Welcome back Cali. Your gain is not too bad. A few clean and lean days will purge a lot of the gain. That and keeping up your yoga will see you progressing well.
Is it terribly snowy and cold with you now?
Xx

Actually this winter is pretty warm, especially compared to the last two winters we've had. Don't get me wrong it's still cold here :)

I want to reach my goal weight before summer, so I can wear my bikini :)

Yay, you're back. :) Good to see you, Cali.

With your mindset and your amazing discipline and determination, you will have no problems shifting that weight. :)

Welcome back! :) am sure you will knock it on the head in no time flat! And all the yoga must already be giving you a great shape. :)

Thank you ladies for the warm welcome back. I look forward to another great year together:).

Actually during the holidays with being busy and/or a little lazy, I didn't do yoga as much as I'd like to. The past week I didn't do yoga at all, and yesterday was my first day in a week and boy do I feel the burn today. I was starting to feel so flabby.

Soon after I did yoga yesterday I felt so much better. Maybe it's all in the head :)

Slept in this morning so we ate a really late breakfast. I felt a bit sore and tight from yesterday. But after doing yoga I felt much better again. :)

Brunch: Oat porridge with flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, black berries, agave syrup and soy milk.

Snack: Apple, some popcorn, and some cheese.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Dinner: Chicken katsu, green beans, barley/oat/buckwheat/medium grain rice mix.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches and 30 minutes of yoga.

Yay! What a good day and nice to see you posting your yummy food again. :)

Do you mind posting a chicken katsu recipe? I love it but have never found a recipe that looked terribly good.

I'll post the recipe for chicken katsu here, as it's not really low Gi/Gl so it shouldn't be in the GL recipe section. It was a weekend so I just took the chicken katsu as one of the 80/20 rule :)

You can use chicken breast or thigh. I used chicken breast fillets yesterday, and sliced them in halves so they were thin. Salt and pepper the chicken, then flour them (normal flour or spelt flour), dip them in egg, and finally in panko*. I have a pan with about an inch to inch and a half of oil heated for frying. Then I fry up the meat. It's not low GL, but if you eat some with lots of veggies, and low gl carbs, it isn't too naughty. After cooking, I let them drain on a rack that's on a baking dish, so more oil drains out.

*You can usually find panko in Asian stores, or sometimes in the grocery stores.

I really love chicken katsu curry, it's double the yumminess! I was actually wishing I had curry today to make it.

Today was left over day! Yippie! I guess making 6 chicken breast fillets of chicken katsu ended up being a lot. OH is very happy as he was the one who was talking all day yesterday of having chicken katsu :).

Brunch: Chicken katsu, green beans, barley/oat/buckwheat/medium grain rice mix.

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Dinner: Chicken katsu, carrots, little bit of barley/oat/buckwheat/medium grain rice mix and half a slice of rye bread.

Here's a non-scale victory to cheer myself up from the xmas weight gain.

Today I went to a local clothing store since they have their annual new year's sale. I love buying things like bras and sweaters there, since they're 50% off or more.

***A little personal but, everyone gains weight differently.
I picked out some bras, in smaller band size but bigger cup size :) Yippie! My boobs sort of shrank a cup when I gained weight, I don't know how that happened, but now they've returned to size:). It wasn't fun when I gained weight and was hoping my chest would grow huge, but it didn't do that.

I looked around the store, and I just couldn't find anything I wanted. It was nice to try on smaller sizes, but it wasn't like shopping at my biggest. Back then I had to buy just whatever covered up most of my rolls, even if I didn't really like the clothes much. It used to be a big let down seeing a shirt on the rack, and thinking wow I love it, but when I'd put it on, it looked nothing like I imagined>_<. I used to look like Jabba the Hutt in the shirt, and would end up being sad.

Now it was more of getting to pick clothes styles that I liked. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything I liked, so I didn't buy anything. Just felt great that the shirts looked the way they were supposed to on me, and not seeing Jabba the Hutt staring back from the mirrors.

Ah it's great that you had such a positive experience shopping today. Wowser to the bigger cup size!!!

Ah it's great that you had such a positive experience shopping today. Wowser to the bigger cup size!!!

Actually, they returned to the size they used to be, before I gained weight. :)

Back