Calling all Geordie lasses

Splendarella

Well you know our accent.........just rang friend and said I have started the Dukan diet who misheard and said yeah I gotta start an F'ing diet too. I nearly cried laughing. Noooo thats Dukan with a D - no F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::)

pmsl :) omg did you watch geordie shopre last night?
Im not a total geordie, more of a smoggie but live up there :D

Tee hee - how funny :)

Now, is she going to start the D'ing diet with you??

I'm definitely not a Geordie but feel a certain affinity having been a student in Newcastle for three years and still stopping / passing through very often as my Scottish family-in-law are clustered up there in Jedburgh and Washington!

I didn't know what you meant re Geordie Shore, Vicky, so I've just looked it up. Although the episode's not online until tomorrow morning for me to watch, I did take a peek at the Meet the Cast clip. It felt just like walking into one of the local pubs back home! ;-)

The lads and lasses seemed okay in the clip - typical happy-go-lucky, bubbly Geordies. If they are the same as the ones I know back home, the show should be...erm...interesting, to say the least!

Anja - Then you're an honorary Geordie, too. :)

Haha! Just finished my shift at clinic. Been giggling all afternoon about the fact I can never say Dukan again without the connotation leaping to mind as in, there's nowt in the Dukan fridge or whats for tea Dukan chicken again??? To answer your questions above my friend is doing no Dukan diet when I told her there is no alcohol allowed she said Waaaaaaat????? (no H) and the rest is well unrepeatable frankly ;). Gutted I missed the programme but gonna try and watch it on-line.

Laters Amigos xxx

I am seriously avoiding Geordie shore it sounds awful lol. Im too embarrassed I hate our accents on tv! Except for ant and dec of course :) x

Hi. Yeah well I started on Monday 11th April and last weighed myself on Sunday. So I'm almost at the end of my 7th week now. I usually weigh myself every two weeks, that's when I see the best difference :) thank you though. I don't actually feel like it's been that much effort to lose it which is great x

Ps. I'm on my iPhone app so can't really see your user information so can't reciprocate the congratulations (if that makes sense)

Very funny - I am a Geordie but live in Edinburgh now, that so made me laugh

Oooh Hamish's Mum Edinburgh is my favourite city - I love Christmas shopping there :) Emms with 22 of the blighters off you must feel amazing. I cant wait only -5lb here but day 6 so now committed to the D'ing path ;).

I was personally quite pleased when Cheryl went to States thinking we would get a break from Cheryl - she is lovely but too much of a good thing is not good - take carbs for example..........feel bit sorry for her tho

Last edited:
I am seriously avoiding Geordie shore it sounds awful lol. Im too embarrassed I hate our accents on tv! Except for ant and dec of course :) x

Emms, nooooo!!!!! Be proud of your accent! :eek:;)

Mine has faded a bit through living away from home for so long but I love to hear it when I return. I think it sounds lovely. Many people I know even find a Geordie accent very sexy! :D

Whilst I don't watch X Factor, I think it's a shame if they've sacked her mainly because of her accent. It sounds as though the American public haven't even had a chance to hear it yet - perhaps they might actually like it?

Producers in the US seem to be very keen on dumbing things down to a ridiculous extent. I think they underestimate their audience's intelligence.

Other countries manage to cope with lots of different American accents with little problem (although I confess that I occasionally find myself having to listen more carefully in order to understand certain actors). I think it might even be fun for the American public to discover a wider variety of British accents - they probably have come to imagine that we all speak either like Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins or the Queen!

Well, I've just watched the first episode. I do know plenty of people like that, although most of them would only act that way as a joke. If they'd lived where I grew up, they probably would have ended up with their heads kicked in for being so up themselves!

they probably have come to imagine that we all speak either like Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins or the Queen!

As one who has problems comprehending UK regional accents, that would suit me nicely ;)

I once worked with a woman who emigrated to Oz. One year later she returned for a visit complete with full Australian accent. Eh?

The Geordie accent is surprisingly easy to pick up, if I spend "too" much time with my Geordie mate I end up accidently copying her!

Can I hear you say "day 5 in the Big Brother house?!" Hehe

Back