calling all GI'ers !!!

I am definatly with you on the that one, i always make double everything and put meals in the freezer, it really helps when you are trying to feed everyone well and in our family mostly at different times!!!
i am most likely to eat in an unhealthy way when i am pushed for time.
I have frozen loads of things like ratatouille, curries,veg chilli, quorn lasagna( using aubergines instead of pasta!!!) and the rick gallop bran muffins, i make these in a huge batch and freeze them individually as then I am not tempted to eat more of them than I should and they are handy for lunch boxes too!!

As long as you follow normal freezing guide lines you can freeze most things.

I got the tesco gi book and thought that more of their foods instore would be labelled low GI. Is there any way of knowing if a food is low/high gi if it isnt labelled?

I love this thread, and hope that you will all keep posting. I tried bulgar wheat the other night, instead of rice, and found it just as good. It kept the hungry monsters away for the rest of the evening as well, which is MARVELLOUS!
Ann x

HI ann

how did you cook it and how much did you have?? just wondering as I am a "volume" girl and need to watch my portion control.
I made a really lovely "veggie" chilli last night and I gad it on a big bed of leaves instead of rice , it was scrummy and I was full for ages after. Used tvp mince as its so good for you especially as I approach my menopausal years , i would like to think that all the soya will protect me from hot flushes!!!

I am going to order a couple (or maybe 3) GI books so that I am ready in a few weeks time when I start to reintroduce food. There are so many to choose from though!! Can anyone recommend about 3 books that will offer a variety of recipes and ideas?

Also, does anyone have any favourite low GI recipes?

Thanks

Dawn

What a good thread full of helpfull advice
I am making lots of note for when I start GI still have a way to go but I will get there.
You are all doing so well.
I will keep popping back for more info on how you are all doing.

Im following the food doctor diet and i have 3 of his books they are so great and the recipes are fantastic, im never hungry. This diet works great for me because i have food intolerances to wheat yeast and sugar as well as a few other things. Very easy to adapt to all occasions as well.

HI Woodles,
how much have you lost doing the food doctor diet? I have one of his books, cant remember the name but its big and white, which others do you have ?
Are you really never hungry, sounds good to me!!

Well, all I can say is, there's got to be something to this. I have been following Cambridge 1000 cals, and using GI foods whenever I can. I have lost 10lbs in 2 weeks, and am in trouble with me CDC as she thinks I haven't been eating enough! Don't know what's going on, but SOMETHING is!!!!!

Ann xxx

Well done ann , that is wonderful, please send me exact details of everything you have eaten for last 2 weeks and i will do the same 10lbs is exactly What i would like to do!!

i did LL and so dont know what the CD 1000 is but am keen to find out!!

Well done you.x

Well done Anne.
You are doing so well.
I keep looking at your maintenance thread to get ideas for when I start,I know its a bit away yet but I want to be ready,and reading how others are doing it will help I am sure.
{{{HUGS}}}

Trying to catch up...

Hiya Guys

Have been trying to catch with everything on this thread! Sorry to Lavender who I have promised various bits of info and not yet responded...

It's great to hear that Westhills has had some great losses eating low GI foods! I can vouch for it too having now lost 12 pounds in six weeks. Obviously it is not as fast as a VLCD but it is working!

xxxxxxxxxx

Hiya Guys

Have been trying to catch with everything on this thread! Sorry to Lavender who I have promised various bits of info and not yet responded...

It's great to hear that Westhills has had some great losses eating low GI foods! I can vouch for it too having now lost 12 pounds in six weeks. Obviously it is not as fast as a VLCD but it is working!

xxxxxxxxxx

...and it's sustainable. You have the advantage over us who when down the ssing route as we then have to learn how to eat again but you are doing that as you go along ;)

HI Curvy chicken,

Am determind to get this last stone off, so far without much sucess so help would be appreicated. have gone foe a combo of packs and food this week to see if I can get things moving in the right direction.
My uniform is a bit tight and so I am keen to rectify that asap!! No way buying a bigger size!!

Back