Calling all those 'Healthy eating' or 'Changing lifestyle'

Hi hunny!!! Everyone put some lbs on during Xmas period!! As your weight doesn't fluctuate that often (even if it does you have no means to check it as you are not weighting yourself everyday LOL)
It's probably what you put on during Xmas time - who knows you might have lost some of it already!!!
Good luck for the rest of the Jan xxx

Thanks Mini x

Think i'm gonna start weighing weekly and see how that goes, it may just keep me on the straight and narrow a bit more...?!

I've just realised today how little time I have really, as we've got 3 weddings this year, and the 1st is on the 8th May...I've just had a look at some dresses and I need to be slim for the style I want!!

Off to the gym 1st thing before my work experience at the hair salon...got to get my determination back, and getting to the gym regularly is the key for me!! :character00116:

Right ive decided...friday is my new weigh day :bunnydance: and i'm gonna at least lose that extra 3lb by this friday!! :innocent0001:

5k in half an hour? You go girl!!!
Might take up the running as well...one day....LOL

:happy036: hit another target and have lost that 3lb I put on at xmas in the last 3 days!! :D

Now for the next challenge which is get to 12 stone by the end of feb!! :)

That's great!!! You go girl :happy096:

You inspired me to take on running (it's planning stage atm!)But have been researching and found one of the publication which basicaly guides even the most stubborn coach potatoes and shows how to start running and become fairly confident runner in 12 weeks.
Sounds interesting even though I am not really convinced it's possible... I am tempted to give it a go...
Thanks for the inspiration xxx

Hello! Can I join this thread? I'm healthy eating too. Every time I try and diet, I end up in a binge diet cycle - sometimes I lose some weight, but I always end up regaining more than I lost. Anyway, last October I decided enough was enough and I should stop looking for the quick fix. And it worked right up until the beginning of Jan, when I lost my way a little and started trying different diets again. But I'm getting back on track now, so would love to join a thread for support...

Well done on your 5k lisamac! I run too, but am v. slow!

Excellent!! :welcome: Revamp great to have you...:D

I on the other hand haven't been able to get to the gym because of the stupid car, and have eaten all the wrong things the last 2 days....I've had a word though, and i'm going to do lots of walking tomorrow (still without car anyway) and eat much much healthier again so I still lose come friday....:rolleyes:

Hey Jenny!

Good to hear from you...

I'm doing ok thanks, I seem to have slipped in to a bit of a cycle of doing a few days at 100% and then the weekend hit's and i'm maybe having a few too many treats, and I don't get back on form then till the Tues, leaving me a few days to work doubly hard before Friday weigh in!! Still getting plenty of exercise though so i'll see how I get on Friday, and I may need to have a good talking to myself, and make sure I don't continue the cycle next week!! lol

Sorry to hear you've put a stone back on, but at least you haven't let things completely slip before getting back on track, you'll have those extra pounds shifted in no time!!

Take care hun xx

A good day today.
I ate:
B: Soya latte from Costa, Quaker oat bar
L: Innocent Sweet potato chilli veg pot
S: Munchie banana, apricot and choc bar (my new discovery, they're child size versions of the eat natural bars, only 109 kcal and very sweet so really sort out a sweet craving...)
T: Baked salmon, spinach
S: Handful of cashews and raisins.

E: 3 mile run.

I know I could eat more fruit, so I'll try and fit some in tomorrow, but I'm pleased with myself today, no mindless snacking despite it being biscuit day at work :)

Thank you LisaMac, hope your day went well today. Mine wasn't too bad. Ate well during the day but had dinner in Pizza Express. V. yummy and I behaved myself to an extent (pizza, 2 scoops of icecream, glass of red wine, but only one glass and I did 3 miles on the treadmill when I got home, when, lets face it, I would have preferred to just slump in front of the telly with another glass!)

Onwards and upwards. Tomorrow's going to be tricky because I've got lunch and dinner out, but that's the beauty of healthy eating, I'm going to try and just make good choices.

Hi Lisa et al, glad to see everyone still here - I'm finally back online today after being computerless since before Christmas, good lord I never realised how much I loved my laptop till it didn't work! :D

Nothing interesting to report really, I seem to be very well settled into my way of eating so I just carry on as normal, I've lost another 6lbs since I last posted which I'm pretty pleased with. I'm now just a pound under 11st, but delighted to be 10st-something for the first time since I began putting on weight in my 20s! I'm more confident than ever now that I can eventually return to what I'd call a 'normal' weight for my height, somewhere around 9st. I'm hoping to arrive there sometime in the summer. :)

I had a lovely Indian meal on Christmas day, didn't have anything sweet after my unfortunate experience with the vegan chocolate just before! Clearly my body just can't handle refined sugar anymore, so I just stick with fruit for sweetness. I've recently discovered a taste for the gorgeous plump French prunes we sell at work, so I have three of those a day as my little sweet treat.

I got weighed at the end of the year and hadn't gained anything at all, so I think I can safely say I've learned how to enjoy myself at Christmas without going over the top. Very happy with that.

Hope everyone is OK, good luck to you all in the healthy eating learning curve - it's so worth it. :)

Keep up the good work, i'm not sure i'll ever be such a great 'totally' healthy eater like you, but i'm trying...;)

You're doing great Lisa, don't forget my range of foods is much smaller than yours, which is partly why my healthy eating is pretty consistent - it's probably possible to be an unhealthy vegan, but I'm not sure how. :D

If I was still a meat-fish-and-dairy-products eater I'd be struggling, let me tell you. Many of my 'trigger' foods are in those groups. I really admire your ability to take control when you have such a wide range of foods to choose from, you should give yourself a pat on the back for that. It's not easy.

Hello girls,

I know I was meant to start running but I am not there yet!
However, I bought bicycle (city bike) and from Monday I am cycling to work everyday LOL
So much fun and of course getting used to settling in my new healthier routine.
Hope all is fine in your worlds xxx

Back