Calling any 5'5" people....

EabhaDuff

I was just wondering how many calories you are consuming to lose weight regularly? I've been eating about 1,500-1,700 calories a day. I burn about 300/400 calories exercising 5 days a week. But I haven't loss weight, in fact I've gained 2lbs :mad: So I was just wondering what other people are consuming. I weigh 170.5lbs :(

I'm 150lbs and using My fitness pal I'm eating net 1300-1400 cals. This is doing 1 hours walk a day (with the dog). I've just started so not weighed myself yet.

Thanks for the replies. I know part of my problem is the type of foods and I have made an effort this last week to change that. I've cut back on the amount of sweets I was eating and I have eaten more veg than ever before. But even so I find it hard to believe that that is the sole reason for my plateau?
Wagamama I am heavier than you and that's why I don't want to lower to 1,200 as I won't have anything to lower to as I get closer to goal. But it's looking like I might have to in order to get the scales moving!

If you haven't lost weight, have you noticed a change in your measurements? They say that doing a lot of exercise slows weight loss as lean tissue is denser and heavier than fat - so although you are getting leaner and fitter you are actually remaining the same weight.

I have read some people saying that if they eat a few more calories it 'shakes things up' and they start to lose again. Perhaps adding more low calorie, fibre rich foods (fruit, veg) would help?

Back