Calorie Counting Diary - Mini Goals

Yummy dinners planned for tea and you still have enough calories left for hot chocolate! Well done hun.xx

Thanks hun, that was yesterdays tea :) it was lovely. Love omelette's. Tonight, I'm thinking Fish fingers stir fry, with loads of chopped veg and a bit of soy sauce, should be yummy. Sounds strange but using up stuff from the freezer! And then tomorrow BBQ chicken with light mozarella, skinny chips and salad. I'm organised this week. Love my hot chocs! xxx

Hi Kay, thanks for the support. To be honest I haven't even weighed in today. Had a really rubbish weekend and my great uncle passed away so it hasn't been a very good weekend at all and then mothers day sunday so I just ate rubbish so I didn't even want to get on the scales. Topped off with TOTM I decided just to leave it this week and weigh in next week after a really healthy week. How was your weekend? xx

Best thing to do or you will be upset more.
I also fell of the wagon big time - wine and cheese (back to old habits of my favourite things) but going to pick it back up.
Enjoy your healthy week.
When I was not veggie one of my favourite foods was fish finger sandwiches and OH had one the other day and could have eaten it for him (I am veggie because I have Crohns and no other reason) but knew I would have suffered for it later but it smelled so good.

Best thing to do or you will be upset more.
I also fell of the wagon big time - wine and cheese (back to old habits of my favourite things) but going to pick it back up.
Enjoy your healthy week.
When I was not veggie one of my favourite foods was fish finger sandwiches and OH had one the other day and could have eaten it for him (I am veggie because I have Crohns and no other reason) but knew I would have suffered for it later but it smelled so good.

Yes, I thought so too and I actually feel really motivated this week so fingers crossed for a good loss. Mmmm, wine and cheese. Brie is my fave! One little slip up won't defeat us! We just have to keep plodding on!
I know. I love a fish finger sandwich. Oh no, sorry to hear that. So what food can't you have with crohns? I will try and help with some recipe ideas as I love to cook :) xx

I just feel heaps better if I stick to veggie food, nothing fried or uses much oil - limited dairy products but yogurt is fine.
Spices are no problem and we usually eat lots of curries but eating up freezer food - love lentils, chickpeas, any beans and green veggies.
Trying to limit things at the moment whilst doing 1200 a day but will up it in a few weeks (hopefully) to 1500 a day when I get to target weight and all the chickpeas etc will be back.
That was my problem with SW - I would eat loads of pulses and rice and then go to about 2,000 cals a day.

I just feel heaps better if I stick to veggie food, nothing fried or uses much oil - limited dairy products but yogurt is fine.
Spices are no problem and we usually eat lots of curries but eating up freezer food - love lentils, chickpeas, any beans and green veggies.
Trying to limit things at the moment whilst doing 1200 a day but will up it in a few weeks (hopefully) to 1500 a day when I get to target weight and all the chickpeas etc will be back.
That was my problem with SW - I would eat loads of pulses and rice and then go to about 2,000 cals a day.

Alright. Sounds super healthy :) good luck. I'm sure you will hit target soon. You don't have far to go at all xxx

Yesterday: Tuesday 2nd April

Breakfast: Tea with semi skimmed milk, 2sweetners, 2 small tangerines (52cals)
Dinner: WW tomato soup, 2 crackerbreads, 1 extra light laughing cow triangle, Skips (210cals)
Tea: Very bizarre mash up! 3 fish fingers, stir fried veg with splash of soy sauce and cauliflower mash made with 20g philly lightest (359cals) It was surprisingly tasty and filling! :D
And then!!!!....... Low calorie lemon swirl cheesecake which was awesome!! 1 alpen light bar squished into the bottom of the dish, 100g quark, 3 teaspoons canderel sugar, 15g lemon curd, 2 tsp lemon juice. I swirled the lemon curd into it and left it to set. The whole thing was only 172 cals!! And it was lovely!!! To be fair I didn't even get to eat it all because my boyfriend ate half of it!! Haha. Never mind. I still counted it as eating the whole thing though in my calories.

Snacks: Alpen light double choc, alpen light summer fruits, pink n white, 2 hot chocs, 10mikado sticks. (380cals)

Total: 1,173 cals

Still on track and feeling good :) although felt bad about my snacks yesterday even though I was still within calories. Does this sound ok to everyone for yesterday? xxx

I have been here before :D a lot heavier than I am now so does not feel too hard this time.

Good afternoon hun,
Your food for yesterday looks good. Wow the cheesecake sounds lovely. I do them but with low fat digestives for the base. Never tried lemon though so might have to try that one.
Hope you're having a great day.xx

Hi! Thank you! I like to get reassurance from everyone on here that I'm doing ok :D it was yummy! Especially with the lemon curd! Mmm low fat digestives sounds good too! I think the next one I'm going to try is a chocolate one with low cal hot choc (36cals) and then maybe melt a freddo on top as a chocolate top. And leave to set. That would be seriously yummy I think!!! I want to make it now haha. I'm having a good day. Are you? xx

hi - If it is how you want to eat your cals then it is fine - you would only be miserable if you didn't have them and you are doing ok so don't worry about it, just carry on.

Is this like your pud - these are what I used to eat on SW - 2 Aldi Benefit bars on the bottom - quark with sweetener and fruit in between. Will work out the cals but off the top of my head it was about the same as your cheesecake. Now I am cal counting I have cut them out so I can have 2 Cadbury's Highlight Choc Drinks.

1-MONDAYPUD.jpg

hi - If it is how you want to eat your cals then it is fine - you would only be miserable if you didn't have them and you are doing ok so don't worry about it, just carry on.

Is this like your pud - these are what I used to eat on SW - 2 Aldi Benefit bars on the bottom - quark with sweetener and fruit in between. Will work out the cals but off the top of my head it was about the same as your cheesecake. Now I am cal counting I have cut them out so I can have 2 Cadbury's Highlight Choc Drinks.

View attachment 131819

Thank you! It's nice to get reassurance. That's just it, if I don't get my snacks then I just end up binging and undoing all my hard work!

Similar to that yes except just lemon juice in it and then lemon curd swirled into it. It was lovely! xxx

Yesterday: Tuesday 2nd April

Breakfast: Tea with semi skimmed milk, 2sweetners, 2 small tangerines (52cals)
Dinner: WW tomato soup, 2 crackerbreads, 1 extra light laughing cow triangle, Skips (210cals)
Tea: Very bizarre mash up! 3 fish fingers, stir fried veg with splash of soy sauce and cauliflower mash made with 20g philly lightest (359cals) It was surprisingly tasty and filling! :D
And then!!!!....... Low calorie lemon swirl cheesecake which was awesome!! 1 alpen light bar squished into the bottom of the dish, 100g quark, 3 teaspoons canderel sugar, 15g lemon curd, 2 tsp lemon juice. I swirled the lemon curd into it and left it to set. The whole thing was only 172 cals!! And it was lovely!!! To be fair I didn't even get to eat it all because my boyfriend ate half of it!! Haha. Never mind. I still counted it as eating the whole thing though in my calories.

Snacks: Alpen light double choc, alpen light summer fruits, pink n white, 2 hot chocs, 10mikado sticks. (380cals)

Total: 1,173 cals

Still on track and feeling good :) although felt bad about my snacks yesterday even though I was still within calories. Does this sound ok to everyone for yesterday? xxx

Well done KMD, your doing brill hun ! :D Your food sounds absolutely fine to me and so so scrummy. Wish I could have seen pics of that cheesecake :drool: sounds so lush ! I'm sure you'll have a fab loss on Monday hun ! Glad you found the `womans day at the gym ' funny :D .

Kay xx

Well done KMD, your doing brill hun ! :D Your food sounds absolutely fine to me and so so scrummy. Wish I could have seen pics of that cheesecake :drool: sounds so lush ! I'm sure you'll have a fab loss on Monday hun ! Glad you found the `womans day at the gym ' funny :D .

Kay xx

Thank you Kay, It's lovely to get reassurance just to check I'm doing ok. I know! I wish I had taken photos but my stupid phone is broken :confused: So everytime I go to take a photo or do anything on it it switches itself off! But i'm replacing it tonight and promise I will take lots of yummy photos then! :D The next cheesecake I want to try is with low cal hot choc and sweetner mixed in. Then maybe drizzle melted choc over the top, but only a square so still not too bad. So yummy! I'll try that one soon! Can't believe how nice quark is. I was surprised! Thank you, I really hope I have a good loss as I've been trying soooo hard this week!!! And yes. I loved it haha.

Thanks for all your support Kay. xxx

Good morning hun,
Your cheesecakes sound so nice. I will definitely give the lemon one a go. I usually make them with digestive biscuits and top with quark and mandarin but getting a bit bored now so will try this one.x

Thanks Lmn, and good morning :D Thank you. Yes it was yummy, it could have done with an extra alpen bar on the bottom but I was trying to keep the calories low. Yes, now I have discovered quark I think there may be some experimenting and low cal recipes going on so keep an eye out :)I love to cook and bake so if I can find some healthy bakes I'll let you know! xxx

Thanks Lmn, and good morning :D Thank you. Yes it was yummy, it could have done with an extra alpen bar on the bottom but I was trying to keep the calories low. Yes, now I have discovered quark I think there may be some experimenting and low cal recipes going on so keep an eye out :)I love to cook and bake so if I can find some healthy bakes I'll let you know! xxx

Yes please do. I only ever use it for the cheesecakes but I'm sure there are loads of other things I could use it in.xx

Yes please do. I only ever use it for the cheesecakes but I'm sure there are loads of other things I could use it in.xx

Yes, I was thinking the same. I'm thinking of experimenting with a meringue roulade made with egg whites and sweetner, and then maybe flavouring quark with low cal hot choc to spread in the middle with rasps. Should be relatively low cal but yummy! Think I may try it at the weekend or sometime soon! I will get my thinking cap on! xxx

Yes, I was thinking the same. I'm thinking of experimenting with a meringue roulade made with egg whites and sweetner, and then maybe flavouring quark with low cal hot choc to spread in the middle with rasps. Should be relatively low cal but yummy! Think I may try it at the weekend or sometime soon! I will get my thinking cap on! xxx

Yum that sounds amazing. Please post a recipe once you have made it.xx

Back