Calorie Counting Diary - Mini Goals

Hi Guys,

Well I'm pleased to say I'm having a fab week diet week, the most motivated and on plan I've felt since I started! :D Who knew my blow out at the weekend would be so helpful!

Yesterday's food - Wednesday 2nd April

Breakfast - Tea with semi-skimmed milk, 2 sweetners, 200g strawberries (70cals)
Dinner - WW tomato soup, 4 crackerbreads, 2 extra light cheese triangles, 100g raspberries (224cals)
Tea - BBQ chicken with mozarella, salad (lettuce, cucumber, pepper, sweetcorn) & skinny chips (559cals)

Snacks - 2 hot chocs, Time out finger, alpen light double choc, mini milk, 5 mikado's (327cals)

Total Calories - 1,180 cals

My tea was so yummy and the chicken was really juicy, I really enjoyed my tea so feeling good :D And the cadbury time out finger was heaven! It's been ages since I had one and it was only 85 calories. On offer at tesco's, £1 for 8 bars if anyone's interested. xxxx

And my plan for tonight is:

Thursday 3rd April

Breakfast: Tea with semi-skimmed milk, 2 sweetners, 200g strawberries (70cals)
Dinner: WW tomato soup, 4 crackerbreads, 2 extra light cheese triangles, 100g raspberries, cheesestring (287cals)
Tea: Chicken chow mein (100g noodles, 200g vegetable stir fry, 120g chicken breast, 60g chow mein sauce, 20ml soy sauce) Quantities may change depending on how saucy I want it etc but that's the plan :) I will post a picture once I've made it. (especially for you Kay :D) (466cals)

Snacks: 2 hot chocs, Cadbury's time out finger, Sugar free strawberry jelly (193cals)

Total: 1,016cals

That leaves me with 184 calories so I will see how I get on and if I feel hungry I will use them. I'll let you know how I get on and update my finished food tomorrow! :) xxx

This is a SW article but easy to apply to Calorie Counting.

http://brightonslimmingworld.wordpress.com/2012/10/09/12-winning-ways-with-quark/

this is also SW but still applies

· A sour cream substitute to top baked potatoes
· Also cheesecakes, dips, salads and sauces
· Add toffee Mullerlight and leave overnight for a delicious dessert
· Add 1 ounce half fat medium cheese and leave overnight, use as a spread or dip
· Add laughing cow cheese spreads for a mayonnaise alternative over hard boiled eggs for a starter
· Use Quark as an alternative in coleslaw
· Add 1 tablespoon of lemon curd and leave overnight – cheesecake!
· As an alternative in potato salad
· Using Quark, chopped/sliced fruit, gelatine and cherry brandy, make a classy dessert for so few syns
· Cube and boil potatoes, when par-cooked layer those in a dish with tomatoes, spring onions and quark, place under the grill for a free green meal.
· Add garlic, spring onions or chives for a dip

12 Winning Ways with Quark | Brighton Slimming Blog

· Add 1 ounce half fat medium cheese and leave overnight, use as a spread or dip
· Add laughing cow cheese spreads for a mayonnaise alternative over hard boiled eggs for a starter
· Using Quark, chopped/sliced fruit, gelatine and cherry brandy, make a classy dessert for so few syns
· Cube and boil potatoes, when par-cooked layer those in a dish with tomatoes, spring onions and quark, place under the grill for a free green meal.

Thanks for this systema :) very useful and will definetely be using these tips in future. Thanks! xxx

12 Winning Ways with Quark | Brighton Slimming Blog

Thanks for this systema :) very useful and will definetely be using these tips in future. Thanks! xxx

Just thought of this one if you like puds ---

Low Fat Meringue and Soft Berry Gâteau | Lose Weight Look Fab - this girl also has the cheese cake on

not quark but yogurt but works out very good calorie wise.

306 for meringue nests
135 for 250 mls of yogurt using Asda Fat Free Yogurt - 6 pots is far too many as in her method
56 for all strawberries

I put a little coconut essence in it instead of coconut yogurt.

500 cals for the lot so you can cut it as you want - I cut it into 4.

Last edited:
Just thought of this one if you like puds ---

Low Fat Meringue and Soft Berry Gâteau | Lose Weight Look Fab - this girl also has the cheese cake on

not quark but yogurt but works out very good calorie wise.

306 for meringue nests
135 for yogurt using Asda Fat Free Yogurt
56 for all strawberries

I put a little coconut essence in it instead of coconut yogurt.

400 cals for the lot so you can cut it as you want - I cut it into 4.

Aw brilliant. Thank you! I'll definetely be giving this one a go! :D xx

NB = can't add up it is 500 cals not 4 in the meringue pud - hit the wrong key :eek:

I have just made it and realised when I came to put it in my diary - sorry.

Hi KMD, just realised your name is Kirsty :)

Wow! You are doing amazing this week hun. I really hope you have a fab loss come Monday as you really deserve it xx

p.s. watching this space for the chocolate cookie cheesecake. Lemon one sounds gorgeous too!

Hi! Yes it is haha. KMD are my initials. Aw thank you, that means a lot and really made me smile. I feel so focused this week, it's fab! I hope so too! But to be honest, I'm happy with any loss, even though I'm secretly hoping for a really good loss. With being closer to 10 than 11 stone now I really want to get into that 10 stone bracket even if it's only 10st 13lbs if you know what I mean. Just to see the scales say 10! lol. So I'm hoping in the next 3 or 4 weeks I'll be joining you skinny mini's in the next bracket down :D

I am so excited to make it. I will post a recipe once i've made it and let you know how it tastes! The lemon one was lush too, I should have left it to set more but I couldn't wait for it haha! xxx

Yum chocolate cookie cheesecake. Sounds lush, please post a pic when you've made it.x

Thanks Lmn, of course I will. I will take a pic and post the recipe once I've made it (if it turns out right lol) xxx

NB = can't add up it is 500 cals not 4 in the meringue pud - hit the wrong key :eek:

I have just made it and realised when I came to put it in my diary - sorry.

No worries, thank you! I'll still be making it. They are still much less than shop bought ones. I looked at a tiny cheesecake the other day in tesco and it was nearly 500 calories :eek: my eyes nearly popped out my head! How do they manage to pack so many calories in something so small??!! xxx

Hi Guys,

Yesterday was a good day food wise :) This is how my completed food for yesterday looked.

Thursday 3rd April

Breakfast: Tea with semi-skimmed milk, 2 sweetners, 200g strawberries (70cals)
Dinner: WW tomato soup, 4 crackerbreads, 2 extra light cheese triangles, 100g raspberries (224cals)
Tea: Chicken chow mein (100g noodles, 200g vegetable stir fry, 120g chicken breast, 55g chow mein sauce, 20ml soy sauce) (449cals)
Dessert: Half portion of Chocolate cookie cheesecake - (108cals)

Snacks: 1 hot choc, Cadbury's time out finger, Sugar free strawberry jelly, 1/2 pack ww cookies (193cals)

Total: 1,044cals

That left me with 156 cals leftover, however I did have a cake to do yesterday and I did have a cheeky tsp or 2 of cake mixture and buttercream so I figure that will have used that or just under anyway so still confident I'm within my calories for yesterday :D xx

Hi All,

So, yesterday I made a chocolate cookie cheesecake and it was very yummy!!! :D I crumbled bits of cookie into the mixture but I would change this next time and chop the cookies up and place on the top just before serving so that they stay crunchy.
But that's what testing recipes is all about!

Here's the recipe for a full cheesecake (I only had half last night, it's quite big so really feels like you're having a treat!)

1 Alpen light bar (double choc or choc fudge) - 65cals
100g Quark (tesco quark is only 55cals for 100g, although I know sainsbury's is more) - 55cals
11g Sainsbury's low calorie hot chocolate (1serving) - 36cals
3 tsp sweetner (I used canderel) - 6 cals
1/2 bag of weightwatchers oaty chocolate chip cookies (1/2 bag will be 4 to 5 cookies) - 44cals

Total calories - 206calories for the whole cheesecake

1. Squish the alpen bar into the bottom of the glass/bowl (don't microwave this first, I did this on the cheesecake I did before this one and the base went super hard!)
2. Mix the quark with the hot choc and sweetner in a separate bowl and give it a good stir until it's all mixed. Put on top of the alpen bar and smooth out.
3. Leave to set for at least 2/3 hours (if you can wait that long!)
4. Put 1 of the weightwatchers cookies on the top in the middle and then chop the rest up into small chunks and sprinkle on top for added crunch. (do this just before serving to stop the cookies going soft.
5. Enjoy! :) xxxx

Lemon Swirl Cheesecake

1 Alpen light bar (lemon drizzle) - 62cals
100g Quark (tesco quark is only 55cals for 100g, although I know sainsbury's is more) - 55cals
3tsp sweetner (I used canderel) - 6cals
1 tbsp lemon juice - 2cals
1 tbsp lemon curd - 44cals

Total calories - 169 calories for the whole cheesecake

1. Squish the alpen bar into the bottom of the glass/bowl (don't microwave this first, I did this on the cheesecake I did before this one and the base went super hard!)
2. Mix the quark with the lemon juice and sweetner in a separate bowl and give it a good stir until it's all mixed. Put on top of the alpen bar and smooth out.
3. Put the lemon curd in the microwave for 20 seconds so it is a bit smoother. Smooth out onto the top of the cheesecake so the majority is covered with lemon curd. Then use a toothpick to swirl the lemon curd into the quark mixture.
4. Leave to set for at least 2/3 hours (if you can wait that long!)
5. Enjoy! :) xxxx

I will add the pictures on tonight! xxx

Back