Calorie counting... Do you do it?

Memmsy

So as I edge towards being fully dukan (transitioning to cruise / conso following a vlcd) - I've been using my fitness pal to log my food, and I've been aiming ( due to the vlcd reintroduction phase) to stick to around 1200 calories a day. Do I really not need to worry about this too much if I'm eating to hunger and sticking within the dukan boundaries?? I've been keeping an eye on my carbs too - trying o keep them under 60g a day. Is this a bad habit?? I'm just not sure.... What say you lot? Xxx

Nope don't bother with cals too hard for bear of little brain like me. Seriously you don't need to count cals just eat allowed foods and follow general Dukan plan.
It's only if I'm in doubt as to whether I'm allowed something or not, I will usually check the fat %, then the sugar content before scoffing.

So as I edge towards being fully dukan (transitioning to cruise / conso following a vlcd) - I've been using my fitness pal to log my food, and I've been aiming ( due to the vlcd reintroduction phase) to stick to around 1200 calories a day. Do I really not need to worry about this too much if I'm eating to hunger and sticking within the dukan boundaries?? I've been keeping an eye on my carbs too - trying o keep them under 60g a day. Is this a bad habit?? I'm just not sure.... What say you lot? Xxx

Hi!:)
I count calories:) I didn't in the first two phases but I have been since starting consolidation. I was eating 1,200+cals and lost more weight actually because I stuck to all the conso rules and I found It hard to meet higher calories if I had to stick to the rules of conso. Today I start stabilisation!!! So because of this I still plan to count cals because I believe in 'everything in moderation!!'
I have the dukan book and the stabilisation week plan is yummy and as I'm a freak I counted all the cals and all of them hit the 1,600cals never more than 1,700 which I will do now as I'm planning to live by conso guidelines and add the extras so I reach those cals so I don't lose any more weight and actually maintain this one!! So yes, counting calories has its benefits because it gives you the reassurance and keeps you in check I believe !! Let me know how you get on!!

Back