calories.

Charisma

Silver Member
Hey i was just looking on a calorie counting website, and it says that a banana has the same amount of calories as a single twix bar. is this right?? cause i have been tryin to snack on fruit especialy bananas instead of unhealthy stuff that i used to. if thats right its been abit of a waste hasnt it?? :(

A twix is full of sugar and unhealthy fats where as a banana has vitamins, potassium etc. Always always choose fruit over choc if you can!! Loosing weight should be about respecting your body as much as it is at looking at calories. By choosing healthier foods you are building a better body, who wants to be a good size and still have health issues! If you are worried choose small bananas or lower cal fruit, 80g of any fruit or veg is counted as a portion and try to have as many different kinds as you can per day so you would only need a small 80g banana to count.

I totally agree, but when its a HUGE lifestyle change to start eating fruit instead of chocolate & crisps, its reassuring to know that that single twix finger won't scupper your efforts! Of course its better to eat the fruit, but its nice to have a treat every so often?....thats the inner devil in me talking... ;P

so far i havent craved any chocolate or anything bad for me luckily but its only been 5 days... unfortunatly i dont own any scales so i cant weigh myself :sigh: but im desperate to weigh myself n see if anythin has changed yet. although since i have changed my habbits i do feel abit better in myself, skin etc :)

I was a crisp fiend- I could easily eat 2-3 bags a day- I've had one bag since January! I've found my tastes have changed a little? Don't get me wrong, I stillindulge in chocolate, but I find crisps leave a greasy aftertaste in my mouth that I somehow never noticed before? I can really feel and taste the fat/grease in foods more now for some reason, so I find myself not craving them as much? That has to be a good thing- right? If I could find a cure for choc cravings I'd be sorted! ;P

I was a crisp fiend- I could easily eat 2-3 bags a day- I've had one bag since January!

Well done on that im trying to replace crisps with food and this is day 10 of not having crisps and im still managing not to bad, mine was a bigger craving that yours irishmum i used to eat a multi pack a day so this is like a big challenge to me but as i lost weight last week i think ive been encouraged not to eat them so ill keep fighting and keep going the crisp will not win lol

Im lucky im not a choccie person i can take it or leave it but id say always TRY have the fruit instead of the choccie.

I'm currently redoing a diet called Dr Cohen's and when you finish and refeed, then maintenance they have a set of rules and guidelines with tips etc..... BUT THEIR BIGGEST MOTTO IS

"IF YOU CANT CATCH IT OR GROW IT DONT EAT IT!

So now think about how long it actually takes you to grow wheat, grind it etc and make it into bread.... That's how often you should have bread, let alone the portion size when you do. (About 2 or 3 months in total)

The Twix however needs several ingredients to be made i.e. biscuit, sugar, chocolate, toffee... So this would take longer to make it and only 1 bar. Maybe around 3 or 4 months by the time you grew the ingredients. This is perhaps how often you should be having the Twix.

Bananas are about 110 cals depending on the size, try perhaps blueberries, pineapple, h/dew, mangoes, yoghurt instead. If you do need something sweet and carb based what about a protein bar or WW bar?

Hope I've been helpful.
Bren
X

I always eat fruit now and thats made me lose the weight, i used to have crisps and chocolate when i went to college thats was a few months ago lol.

I totally agree, but when its a HUGE lifestyle change to start eating fruit instead of chocolate & crisps, its reassuring to know that that single twix finger won't scupper your efforts! Of course its better to eat the fruit, but its nice to have a treat every so often?....thats the inner devil in me talking... ;P

Of course everyone needs a treat hey I said choose fruit if you can some times you can't you to have choc its like female law:D

I was a crisp fiend- I could easily eat 2-3 bags a day- I've had one bag since January! I've found my tastes have changed a little? Don't get me wrong, I stillindulge in chocolate, but I find crisps leave a greasy aftertaste in my mouth that I somehow never noticed before? I can really feel and taste the fat/grease in foods more now for some reason, so I find myself not craving them as much? That has to be a good thing- right? If I could find a cure for choc cravings I'd be sorted! ;P

packet of quavers : 87 cals!

ahhhhhhhhhhh but elle is hard if you cant stop at one pkt lol them 87 cals would be 870 by the time i had ten pkts lol

haha i know what you mean kaz. how about chuckin all the crisps out of your house and every so often buy ONE packet of quavers and indulge lol, and then you can't reach in the cupboard and grab another pack! my bloomin kitchen has a cupboard filled with different kinds of crisps so i dont even go there anymore lol.... ah well.

you trying to cause a riot lol the kids would kill me if i threw all the crisps out lol and death is a rather drastic way to lose weight lol

well, it's a option hahaha. yeah ok fair enough. they should buy a padlock to stick on the door and not tell you the code to get in! infact, if my mum would padlock our fridge and cupboards that would be quite handy. hahaha. except for the day when im all alone and cant get to the food and die of starvation... hmmm. x

i buy them crisps i dont like is the only way i can deal with it

Back