Cambridge diet - 10 stone to lose

expensive coffee kitty , which one ? Yes having black coffee makes me break the diet .With the egg and bacon that's not so bad still will get a good loss , how you finding the days on vlcd

Char , did you find a hose ? 17.10 , wow that's great more so when you put your old clothes on that were too tight finding they fit . Best to get car tax , so sept you will study ? im doing a course at the moe really think I'll see how it goes as first session was Thursday , its only 5 weeks restaters its to see where you want to be as in a job .
yes come October really is dark then , lets hope the weather changes and gets warm , my fruit garden is slow and not good fruit this year, lets hope we don't get summers like this all the time they are looking into it seeing whats happening ....
Hows you been ?
forever fat , how are you ? so new job new you , what job is this ? how you finding vlcd ?

MsJ... New job is a promoted teaching position, head of infants. I teach Reception (aged4-5). Love it! Love my current school, just can't tolerate my boss. After 7 years, ive decided to eliminate the irritant in my life and thats her! She's such hard work. New boss is fab. motivational and inspirational. Can't wait to start there :)

Good luck with your course. Hope it goes well! X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales! Go by shape.

Hey Char

Hot chocolate's sound so bad but yet so good. You must've been drinking some amount of calories in one cup! Wonder if you'd think it was too sweet if you had one now?! I miss coffee. Used to have decaf with skimmed milk and I really enjoyed it. Cut that out whilst on SS.

Have a good weekend honey :) x

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

Hey everyone,

Yes I found a hot water hose, couldn't be bothered to connect it last night so will do that in a minute and hopefully it will sort out the problem. I think I pulled in homebase lol. Nice to go out and have men attracted to you, even if they aren't your type.

Now I am having nightmares with phone and broadband, made the huge mistake of going with talk talk and for 2 months now I have had no service on either. I know I am in contract with them but I am going elsewhere as they are breaching their contract by not providing me with services that I am paying for. Trying to play sky and EE/t mobile off against each other to get myself a great deal seeing as I am with sky for tv and t mobile for mobile. Amazing what they can do to get you on board. Doing my nut without broadband, I can connect my phone to laptop but not the same as it kills my battery.

In September I will be studying mechanics. Love my cars, can do some work on cars but lack confidence to do some stuff that I know how to do in theory.

Great news on the new job, congratulations!!! Glad new boss seens ti be great.

9 weeks, hopefully will be able to lose another 2 stone 9 maybe??? Which would put me at just over 15 stone??? That would be so amazing. But was hoping to be 14.5/14 stone. Tempting to take some fat loss tablets to see if it gives an extra boost lol. I wouldn't actually do that though.

Was definitely having a lot of calories in my hot chocolate, maybe I wouldn't be able to drink it like that again. I am one of those people, when I am good, I am very, very good, when I am bad, I am very, very bad!! No half measures lol.

I want to try an experiment this week, they say on this diet 'the more you drink, the more you shrink' so I am going to try and drink and extra bottle of water, which will take me to 3 litres and see if it has more of an impact on blasting this weight away forever.

Hope everyone is feeling it today. I am going to put some music on, now I can actually play it in my flat and do all the house work. I so wish house work fairies existed!! Still in my pj's. The only question is which cd to put on, my new compilation now thats what I call 30 years, or my new rolling stones grrrr?

Don't talk to me about Talk Talk. I still don't have Internet and I'm going bananas. So p'd off at them. Massively annoyed.

I'm like you too.., all or nothing kind of girl!

Good luck today. Hope your house is immaculate :) mines a tip, if your at a loose end!

X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

I think they are called talk talk because you always have to talk to them!!

Yes flat is all clean now, just can't do any washing, new hot pipe did not fix leak and can't afford launderette or new washer dryer for a couple of weeks.

Don't feel like cleaning anyone else's house lol x

Talk talk... Should be complain complain! I HATE having to phone them. It's the same old ****. "So... Your phoning because you have low connection speed?" "No, I'm phoning because i have NO EFFING CONNECTION AT ALL FOR THE LAST FEW EFFING WEEKS AND YOU'VE SENT AN ENGINEER AND THEN A BT ENGINEER TO TEST EXTERNAL LINE AND ITS STILL NOT WORKING MEANWHILE IM PAYING A FORTUNE FOR THIS NON EXISTENT SERVICE..." "Ok, madam, ill send an engineer round. This is a free service. You will not be charged for the visit..." At this point I nearly hung up!!!!!

Off my soapbox now! They make me sooo mad. Can't Skype my oh which is sad :-(

Anyway, well done on the gleaming flat!!!

Have a great Monday :)
X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales. Want to bypass 11s so not weighing until 2nd Aug!

I know!!! I have been paying for 2 months without service. I told them the other day if they did not resolve the issue by the end of the call then I was going elsewhere because they were breaching their contract by not providing me with services I am paying for. They said they would send an engineer out within 24 hours and update me by text, phone and email. Had no update at all, clearly no engineer. Would rather pay more and have working phone and internet!!!

expensive coffee kitty , which one ? Yes having black coffee makes me break the diet .With the egg and bacon that's not so bad still will get a good loss , how you finding the days on vlcd

Good morning MsJMC,

We had gone to Witthards and got the Bourbon Espresso Coffee and oo... I've forgotten now, but one of the lovely sweet and fruity, honey smelling ones that is great to have in a cafetiere.

12.8 3/4 today. So it is working. Been nearly 100% over the weekend too - so its all good. I did some nibbling, but it was only a tiny amount of cheese, or chicken. The rest of the time I was angelic.

How are you all today?

Hello char

I'm so glad I stumbled across your diary. How are you getting on?

I have only read your opening post but before I read through the rest I wanted to reply.

Your diary struck a cord with me and i felt i had to say hi. I am 30, was 20st at my heaviest and I'm also single living alone.

I have tried many diets and restarted CD in may this year, a similar time to you at 19st 2. I have a lot of weight to loose also but taking it one little bit at a time as I find thinking about all the weight I have to loose is just completely overwhelming!

Come and say hi in my diary if you like, I'm in the members section '19st 2 to 15st bridesmaids dress slim down' the dress is my focus ATM but essentially I need to be at least 12st to me a normal BMI.

Have subscribed to your diary and hope you are getting on ok. Just remember to take one day and one lb at a time x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Hi kitty, going into ketosis once was hard enough for me so I couldn't just have a little nibble and get back on it. Im some people just one tiny little bit of something can completely knock them out.

I wish I liked coffee so I could get some nice varieties of it but I don't. Still I have my coke zero and that gets me through. Just wish I didn't have to drink so much water lol.

Hellow willpower woman, thanks for your comment and story, it does seem hard when you have such a long way to go but I just over 4 weeks and I will be at 12 weeks, which should take me to around halfway through sole source. If I lose an average of 4lbs a week I should start moving up the steps on 14th November and will hopefully weigh 12 stone!!

Can't wait for the days when nobody can call me fat!! I hate it when people mention the f word!!

I hope you stay strong on your journey, and you reach your goals. I have a couple of days here and there when I find it really tough, then they go and it is all fine again.

Morning Char and All
God you've been on this for almost 8 weeks ? I remember reading your first post , you know theres not many who can be 100% , so that is amazing .....
Shame about the hose , yes its finding spare money , which i'm having this problem now , money is tight , really working on a budget for food for the family as doing far too much money . So your having problems with Talk Talk , I found them ok , I had trouble with sky I was without internet for 13 weeks , they were blaming BT , Bt were saying it was not them , and I was thinking god what did we do before the days of the internet and mobile phones , lol I first used the net in 1996 , it was rare then .
Kitty , coffee sounds lobely get the coffee on i'll be over soon lol.... they should do small taster pots I think .... witthards yes been in one but we don't have one in my Town . well done on 12 3/4 that's great , I see your bmi coming right down . Soon be there .
forever fat, teaching reception nice age , blimey putting up with the horrid boss for 7 years , makes it hard when its like that . So your having trouble with talk talk too .... hoo must be the area people live in
Welcome willpower woman , how are you ?
Well for me I've not had my head in the right place , I have lost 2 pounds but not on vlcd , but back on it today , just had Exante tom soup , I enjoyed it .
I really don't have long now , I've got till October time too get 4 stone of end of October .
I'm home today , watching this morning , had something come up to say about the 6 weeks school hols , unsure just yet what that's all about , but I really think they could break that down into 2 week blocls , say June 2 , july 2, spet 2 , after 6 weeks they get in ruts and bored .
Will wait to see what they say on it .

Char your doing amazing! I usually do three shakes and a meal but this week going for SS week to kick my arse into the 17s and even struggling with that so I agree with msjmc all credit to you not many can do it!

Msjmc thanks for the welcome :) hope you get Internet sorted! By laptop died on me a couple of weeks ago and I was lost! What DID we all do before Internet!

Hope everyone's having a good positive Tuesday! :)

Thanks guys, I am pleased. God kniws i have struggled but my hard work is paying off, the quicker i do this, the quicker i can go back to a normal, happy, hopefully slim life. Yeah, 8 weeks Thursday, seems so long ago and such a short time ago. I didn't know if I could do this in the beginning, the longest i lasted before was 2 - 3 weeks, then I would find 1 'reason' or another to stop.

I used to say talk talk were ok, I signed up to them in July last year, never had a problem. Moved in January (only round the corner from where I was, just a better flat, not in a block and with own small garden) and had nothing but problems ever since Most of that time I have not had internet, they made me take out a new 12 month contract, promised me no charges from old contract, then were charging me on both properties etc, etc. I finally managed to get them to agree that they have breached their contract by not providing services I am paying for and as a result they had to let me leave with no charges or fees. Funnily enough I am switching to sky, precisely because I have tv with them and have never had any trouble with them. Yes I remember using internet for first time in 1996 as well, lol. Very rare to have a mobile phone either. Just landlines and telephone boxes, only used to cost 10p to make a call, last time I had to use one it was 60p lol.

The thing about money for food shopping is, when I was broke the best thing for me to do was buy a big bag of frozen chips and pack of cheese burgers, used to eat chips and a cheese burger every night. Worked out about 1.50 every 4 days. The rest of the time it was toast or bread, very cheap but not healthy but it was all I could afford, so what could I do? Would much rather have been eating fresh meat.

At the moment I am at the lightest I have been for a good 2-3 years, can't wait to get into 16s as I can't remember being in them since July 2006, 7 years!!! Who would have thought?? Hopefully only 2 weeks from Thursday at most and I will be in them!!

Get measured, pics and bmi done on Thursday, always wear the same clothes to weigh in so no fluctuation due to clothing. Finally not totm anymore, saw my doc and got some pills which have worked! So hopefully next week I might see a big drop. :)

If you stick to exante then you can do 4 stoneish by October, don't sabotage yourself. Remember; it's not what you think you are that holds you back, it's what you think you're not!!

Char your doing amazing! I usually do three shakes and a meal but this week going for SS week to kick my arse into the 17s and even struggling with that so I agree with msjmc all credit to you not many can do it!

Msjmc thanks for the welcome :) hope you get Internet sorted! By laptop died on me a couple of weeks ago and I was lost! What DID we all do before Internet!

Hope everyone's having a good positive Tuesday! :)

Before the internet , we used to talk to people face 2face lol now we do it through screens lol , and get another boil on our bums by sitting and stay home more lol
Well done for going full steam ahead .... , how you finding it ?

Thanks guys, I am pleased. God kniws i have struggled but my hard work is paying off, the quicker i do this, the quicker i can go back to a normal, happy, hopefully slim life. Yeah, 8 weeks Thursday, seems so long ago and such a short time ago. I didn't know if I could do this in the beginning, the longest i lasted before was 2 - 3 weeks, then I would find 1 'reason' or another to stop.

I used to say talk talk were ok, I signed up to them in July last year, never had a problem. Moved in January (only round the corner from where I was, just a better flat, not in a block and with own small garden) and had nothing but problems ever since Most of that time I have not had internet, they made me take out a new 12 month contract, promised me no charges from old contract, then were charging me on both properties etc, etc. I finally managed to get them to agree that they have breached their contract by not providing services I am paying for and as a result they had to let me leave with no charges or fees. Funnily enough I am switching to sky, precisely because I have tv with them and have never had any trouble with them. Yes I remember using internet for first time in 1996 as well, lol. Very rare to have a mobile phone either. Just landlines and telephone boxes, only used to cost 10p to make a call, last time I had to use one it was 60p lol.

The thing about money for food shopping is, when I was broke the best thing for me to do was buy a big bag of frozen chips and pack of cheese burgers, used to eat chips and a cheese burger every night. Worked out about 1.50 every 4 days. The rest of the time it was toast or bread, very cheap but not healthy but it was all I could afford, so what could I do? Would much rather have been eating fresh meat.

At the moment I am at the lightest I have been for a good 2-3 years, can't wait to get into 16s as I can't remember being in them since July 2006, 7 years!!! Who would have thought?? Hopefully only 2 weeks from Thursday at most and I will be in them!!

Get measured, pics and bmi done on Thursday, always wear the same clothes to weigh in so no fluctuation due to clothing. Finally not totm anymore, saw my doc and got some pills which have worked! So hopefully next week I might see a big drop. :)

If you stick to exante then you can do 4 stoneish by October, don't sabotage yourself. Remember; it's not what you think you are that holds you back, it's what you think you're not!!

Mobile phones , remember walking round the town and seeing few odd people with them and me thinking look at them they look so silly and showing off lol that was 15 years ago hooooo , my sister had a huge phone but the nokia black ones were the top seller with aieral ...... with white rubber bottons , get in there lol
Now your the odd one out if you don't have one lol . sometimes you feel like theres no peace but can always switch it off .
someone said its 10% off bars of exante , need bars but money tight .
So cheese burger chips hehe , I know sometimes so hard when little cash .
Char you know your flying by and yes hard at times , never knowing what sort of day it will be , this is why coke zero is such a good thing to have on this .... I have about 16 weeks till hollybobs ...
so your like your motors char i'm sure you will be good on the course as its something you love . always a trade in that .
Thursday I will be checking in , so p have stopeed thank god you cant carry on like that . wonder why that happened ?

Before the internet , we used to talk to people face 2face lol now we do it through screens lol , and get another boil on our bums by sitting and stay home more lol
Well done for going full steam ahead .... , how you finding it ?

Yes we would arrange to meet a friend and that would be it no 'sorry running late' call or 'I'm sat by the window' text lol

I'm doing ok, this week has been a pretty focused SS week all in all so hoping for a good loss at my week 8 weigh in tomorrow!

How r u getting on?

Char you must have started pretty much same time as me! Good luck for weigh in :)

Just relieved to be off now. I do have gyne problems anyway, polycystic ovaries, suspected endometriosis, have had pre cancerous cervical cells more than once, all sorts. Sometimes I have been admitted to hospital and put on morphine for pain. Its horrible.

Yeah I remember them big old nokias!! I remember when you had to charge the battery and not the phone, I actually think that was better, because you could have a spare 1 or 2.

Yeah, will enjoy my course and yes will always be a trade in fixing whatever mode of transport we use.

Well sister has been messing around again, hope she sorts it out, don't know when she is next planning to get back on the wagon again, hopefully it will be soon.

8 weeks today!!! 4 weeks til I can eat some chicken. Never thought chicken could get me so excited lol. Could have murdered a kebab, chips, cheeseburger and lamb chops tonight. Was tempted to have chicken shish meat but managed to resist. The tablets I was on for p's have made me feel so hungry and thirsty and have stopped me losing as much weight. Thing is I didn't want to 'remind' my doctor I was on vlcd in case I had to stop, because i was am so scared if i stop i wont start again. Naughty me didn't tell consultant either. What they don't know doesn't hurt. Going to stop tablets now. Should be on them for another 5 days but cooked up this theory that because my intake is so low and I am nutritionally 100% healthy, the tablets will work better and quicker. Just can't take the hunger anymore, could have cried and cracked the last couple of days.

Wish I could have chicken shish in pitta with cheesy chips, mayonaise and onions on my food break :( really miss sandwiches as well. Half the time if it wasnt a takeaway to eat, it was sandwiches, big thick bread. Hoping for a big loss next week seeing as no more tablets or totm. Maybe even scrape 16's next week if I am really, really lucky?? If not then will definitely make a dent in them the week after.

Must stop fantasising about food and torturing myself. I seem to spend more time than ever before in my life thinking about it, wanting it, dreaming of it etc.

Char, you're amazing hon. If I could get to 8 weeks, I'd be delighted.

The fantasy using about food will pass. I get the reminiscing about my favourite things and imagine devouring them, but then I remember that's how I got where I am.

Bread was my biggest weakness. Did you like the word was!

Stay strong mrs :) x

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales. Want to bypass 11s so not weighing until 2nd Aug!

Back