Cambridge diet - 10 stone to lose

Thank you. You can get to 8 weeks!!

Yeah I like that bread 'was' your biggest weakness. I might try and stay away from white bread post cambridge. I used to be able to get through a loaf a day easy and still want more!!

Get measured, bmi done and pics this evening.

Does anyone else count down the hours to weigh in on weigh in day?? Or not have any packs or hardly any drink because you want the scales to look as good as possible?

Thank you. You can get to 8 weeks!!

Yeah I like that bread 'was' your biggest weakness. I might try and stay away from white bread post cambridge. I used to be able to get through a loaf a day easy and still want more!!

Get measured, bmi done and pics this evening.

Does anyone else count down the hours to weigh in on weigh in day?? Or not have any packs or hardly any drink because you want the scales to look as good as possible?

Absolutely!!! My week 8 weigh in was at 12:30 today (lost 6lb) and I was soooo dehydrated and desperate for a pack that as soon as weigh in was over I gulped down 3/4 of a litre of water! - made sure I wore my lightest trousers too! Usually my weigh in is Friday mornings so usually not as bad! :)

Yeah char, I got obsessed with that too. Prob best just to have same quantities every WI day. I'm psycho on Monday when I get weighed and I don't even know the result... So why the heck do I do it?!

Have a fab Friday honey :) x

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales. Want to bypass 11s so not weighing until 2nd Aug!

Do that all the time when I'm weighing myself in the evenings. If it is in the mornings I make sure I don't drink anything till then and always go to the loo first.

Lol what a bunch of people we are. Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I lost 4lbs, not bad considering horrible tablets made me put on a couple of lbs. My weigh in is at 6.45 so all day I get so hungry, as soon as I get out I gulp a pack down and some water!!! My sister told me last night that when her friend used to double the amount of water she drank that she would lose double the weight she normally did. Trying that this week to see what happens. If it works I might just break into those 16's 2 weeks earlier than I thought which would make me so happy. 17.6 now, no longer morbidly obese, just in the obese category, at the start my bmi was 45, it is now 39 exactly!! Hips I have lost 2 and three quarter inches, waist 7 inches and bust 2 and three quarter inches. In 8 weeks!!! :) yay!!! So I am planning to drink 6 litres of water a day this week, if it works then I might stick with it, I will see how it goes.

How is everyone else feeling? Its a lovely sunny day here.

Got sky internet coming a week on monday and a washer dryer coming sometime next week!!

Lol what a bunch of people we are. Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I lost 4lbs, not bad considering horrible tablets made me put on a couple of lbs. My weigh in is at 6.45 so all day I get so hungry, as soon as I get out I gulp a pack down and some water!!! My sister told me last night that when her friend used to double the amount of water she drank that she would lose double the weight she normally did. Trying that this week to see what happens. If it works I might just break into those 16's 2 weeks earlier than I thought which would make me so happy. 17.6 now, no longer morbidly obese, just in the obese category, at the start my bmi was 45, it is now 39 exactly!! Hips I have lost 2 and three quarter inches, waist 7 inches and bust 2 and three quarter inches. In 8 weeks!!! :) yay!!! So I am planning to drink 6 litres of water a day this week, if it works then I might stick with it, I will see how it goes.

How is everyone else feeling? Its a lovely sunny day here.

Got sky internet coming a week on monday and a washer dryer coming sometime next week!!

Well done Hun! We r the same weight! Water most definitely helps me, I'm a believer :)

Lol, nice to have someone the same weight as me!!! Thank you x

Feeling good right now as just donated 5 pounds of food to tesco on behalf of food bank. I have needed to use the food bank before so I wanted to give something back.

Wow! Well done for the weight loss Char and getting that BMI down into the next category :) that's a great achievement... I'm on the brink of moving from obese to overweight!

It's good to give something back :) well done mrs. That will help someone out of a scrape :))

Keep rocking it chick...

X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales. Want to bypass 11s so not weighing until 2nd Aug!

Hi Char & crew
wow char amazing loss , I notice in peoples photos there waist looks like they lost the most . lovely weather but think its giving me one of my funny heads .
I'm 17.5 char but your still smaller than me as your taller , i'm 5ft1
So these food demons are they resolving themselves ? 8 weeks its been a rollercoaster ride mentally char that you never gave in too and its kept you going your strength .
Good your getting your washer and dryer soon . yes food is much a lot of money now , its a shame in Britain that we are ending up a poor country when it was a rich country . its like my daughters school no longer give to the old , but now the homeless .... they take anything from food to soap the food they want is simple foods say pot noodles things they can do easy .
for me its 16 weeks and i'd like to be 4 stone lighter by then ..... I hope my demons I can fight them .
your sister broke off ? how is she now ?

Thank you. I feel so much better than I did. Was looking at the pictures from the start to now and I can see a difference. Can't wait for next summer, want to go on my first proper summer holiday and be able to sunbathe for a little while without feeling like I am about to die because of my weight.

Yes, definitely been a roller coaster ride emotionally. So far this week been drinking 6 litres of water so we will see what the scales say on Thursday.

Enjoying the nice weather at the moment.

I believe in karma and helping people if you can. £5 isn't alot in the grand scheme of things but imagine if everyone in the country or even your town did that.

Yeah I definitely want to rock this thing! I wouldn't mind being nominated for the slimmer of the year or whatever cambridge calls it.

Stay strong everyone! How is everyone else doing?

Hi, I was in a hurry to finish my post earlier as my friend came round while I was writing it and if wouldn't be quiet and kept talking at me!!!

Well done forever, would love to be on the brink of being in the overweight category. That is amazing.

It occurred to me earlier that I am a quarter of the way through my weight loss journey, felt better when I realised that. Was round my new neighbours this evening and they cooked and ate bacon sandwiches in front of me. I nearly went home as I was worried it would tip me off the wagon. It didn't and I now feel if I can even resist a bacon sandwich then I can resist anything. I feel I have come too far now to 'blow it' over a few mouthfuls of food. To add insult to injury neighbours were broke the other day and had no food so I gave them lamb chops, piri piri chicken, a loaf of bread and the bacon. So it was my own bacon they were eating in front of me!!!

Sister is not too good, had a few major problems but is trying to eat 6 small regular meals a day and only have 1 or 2 treats a week. We will see what happens. I said to her if she is not in the right head space then she needs to stop messing around with exante and do something else but at the same time I would like her to try to stick to something for the sake of her health etc.

Last year I kept trying to do exante and would maybe last til night time or the next morning and then crack. Then I tried slimming world and said to myself if I don't stick to slimming world this time then I am doing vlcd and it will be my own fault. Slimming world didn't work out, then I spent a few months just eating what I wanted when I wanted until I tried slimming world once more and after the first week of not sticking to it I finally started this cambridge journey and here I am now!!! In the early days when I wanted to crack one of the things I told myself was it is your own fault you have to stick to this because you didn't stick to slimming world. Then I used to tell myself if I can get through one day then I can get through another. Maybe I was too harsh with myself but I didn't know what else to do with myself and I didn't want to suddenly die or have a heart attack or something and I knew it could happen. That thought terrified me but I knew it was the truth.

Had more problems with talk talk today, they were stopping my disconnection going through on Monday which meant sky couldn't process my order. Took over an hour of complain complain to them to get something sorted. Now sky may have to push back installation but they have bent over backwards to try and help me. They have credited my account with 30 so I can buy a Dongle, were going to credit my account with 22 so I could get a free wireless adapter, then I was thinking about getting movies pack which they have given me half price for 3 months and the guy said he could send me a free wireless adapter for tv so I may end up 50 up and a free wireless thing.

Bank told me they would reverse 25 charge the other day as it is the only charge I have ever had on my account and capital one accidentally blocked my card so they have me a 5 credit. Talk talk promised to refund half the money i have spent in last 2 months on bills but I won't count that egg until it has hatched. So in some ways although a lot of mess ups I may have done ok out of them!!! Oh and then friend I owed money to said don't pay him as I cat sat for him and I said I would occasionally in future so that is another 50 I saved. Should have bought a lottery ticket or scratchcard as well lol!!! Told you all about karma, maybe that's some good karma for me for a change lol.

That's great news Char. I won't even go into details about my talk talk saga... Glad ur getting out of contract!

Keep resisting the bacon butties! Well done hun :) x

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

Lifes just a rollercoaster , ya just gotta ride it , lol sing it .
That was nice of you to give next door some food , ho yes most days I walk past the old peoples home and smell Bacon in the street . When on vlcd the smells can drive you nuts .
so sisters needs to find her good head , maybe you can spur her on with carrying on she may think , ok time to get my butt moving .
Have you noticed when dieting that you can tell yourself stuff , like myself I always notice I have two people talking to me , its ok i'm not weird lol I have one to talk me into the diet another to give me a different message .
Nice weather , and about time too .
Well got my sisters coming tonight for weigh in . Lets hope I've lost .
Whats been the hardest part of this ride char ?
Got some good deals there Char , yes you need internet when doing this diet to keep yourself on track , whats your best thing you like on Cambridge ? can't wait to see your befores and after pics ..... really good you took pics .
Hows everyone eles doing ?

I have been in hospital since 3am. Witgin a day of finishing tablets the problems came back with a vengeance. Was nearly passing out, been in so much pain, was flooding through everytging within 10 mins, couldn't sleep and I just got to the point where I couldn't cope with it anymore. When I got to hospital my blood pressure was dangerously high and the nurse said something about being worried I could have a stroke or something. Roll on half hour and my blood pressure was so low I could have died. It keeps going haywire, have to have ultrasound scan at 3.40, if there is no obvious cause, basically no long term medication I can take because of medical history and therefore I have been told that the best thing they could do would be to give me a hysterectomy or the lining of my womb out. I have been offered this before a few years ago because of gyne problems but didn't want to as felt it was too final and I was too young. I am absolutely devastated that I may have to think about this. They say weight loss is meant to help these things.. :mad::thumbdown::(

So far I have not said I am on vlcd, nurses keep encouraging me to eat, I don't want to break it for nothing but I have a massive internal debate going on. Partly for the right reasons, partly because of what I have been told for comfort. I actually packed all my cambridge products which are in the car, but this is a great big hospital, from the windows I think I am at the furthest point I can be from my car, and I don't know how to get to it. Might attempt it soon as really need a smoke!! At the moment my feeling is to wait for scan and then if I have to stay in then consider having to eat, but if there is nothing they can do and I am sent home what would be the point of breaking cambridge?? Motivation to stay on it seriously low, have asked for sandwich for lunch and dinner, easy to hide/save.

Will update later. Hope everyone else is ok.

Hope ur sorted Char. Let us know how u get on :) x

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

Thanks guys. I am being kept in and may have a laparoscopy as scan didn't show any cause. Will see doctor tomorrow as they had gone by the time I was back from scan. Had to tell the nurses because of staying in, being so ill, on medication and lots of pain killers and possibility of operation. They forced me to eat. Feel awful about having to break cambridge after so long and working so hard. Had a little ham and mustard sandwich and 2 cream crackers with little bit of cheese. Feel absolutely stuffed, like I have eaten a 10 course meal. So devastated. Called my cambridge consultant who also agreed I need to eat. Obviously if I have to have operation then I can't do cambridge for 3 months. Consultant said health is more important than sticking to diet and advised me to eat high protein low carb and no rubbish so I can at least maintain my weight loss.

If I have to have operation then I might temporarily switch to slimming world??? As far as I know can follow slimming world after operation??? Maybe if I follow that then although it will be slower than cambridge then I can still lose some weight in that 3 month period??? I am so sorry everyone, feel like I have let you all down as well as myself. I have even been crying about it. :(

Don't be upset sweetpea...

Ur body is going to need extra to help heal itself. Take it easy honey :) keep us posted... Chin up. X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

Hope you feel better today honey :) x

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

Back