Cambridge Diet 6 Days in on SS

gum isnt allowed. It will make your tummy go mental, and it often contains all sorts of nasties that will keep you out of ketosis.

Stick to the plan 100% and you'll get better results.

Are mints allowed? My breath isn't great these days. Usually I have breath spray but I forgot it yesterday and was meeting friends. Ended up getting some mints because I didn't want anyone thinking I had bad breath! I only had 2 though. I'm wondering if I broke the rules or if I'm allowed finish the pack. I still feel like I'm in ketosis :)

No, on SS it's packs, black tea or coffee and water only. No mints no chewing gum no nothing. Even some medicine can kick you out of ketosis.

For breath....I carry round a spare toothbrush and toothpaste, and primark do breath sprays for 60p. I also find that the more water I drink, the less my breath smells.

Current loss: 12lbs and 7.5inches

Thanks Lizz, I'll give the pack to someone else to finish. Hopefully with 2 mints it's no harm done! X

I was told sugar free mints and gum are fine and I have them all day every day and its never done my losses any harm.. But I don't know if that's strict advice or CDC advice!

If you look in the book those aren't on the allowed list.

Some people say you can have coke zero too but I stick to what's in the book. I can't let anything get in the way of my weight loss lol

I agree with Lizz that sometimes its better to follow the rules to the letter, as it can be a slippery slope to having lots of stuff you shouldn't. However, in my case, my breath is so vile, I can't go without the sugar free mints/chewing gum.

You just have to make the judgment on how important it is to you to have the 'banned stuff'.

I carry breathe spray around with me as my breath is foul atm :( xx

Me too! 60p from primark lol

I think it's just each individuals choice really. I ate one piece of gum a day at the start and it never had any ill effects, however everyone's body reacts differently. As for coke zero I don't think I could have managed without it - only ever 1 a day though. You need to set strict rules about these things so that you don't end up just thinking oh sod it I'll have a bit of this I'll have a little of that! It's a mental game more than anything else this diet!!!

Back