Cambridge diet buddy?

Hi scojos, how are you getting on? X

Hi Jade. I started yesterday...trying to keep it quiet at work, and it's such a small quiet place I didn't want to use my shaker at work, but 2 attempts without it have resulted in very lumpy milkshakes :( Might have to give the tetrapaks a try just for work. Think I managed about 3.5pts of water yesterday, black tea made me feel sick, so not bothered with that today, but I'm going to try some fruit tea later. Haven't really felt hungry, but I think days 3&4 are supposedly worse so I'm not looking forward to tomorrow!!

Hi, I'm restarting today and could really do with some encouraging buddy's. I did slim and save for a while last year and managed to lose a stone but then stupidly gave it up for a night out and then just couldn't get back on track :( anyway hope you're getting on ok :) x also Vicky I was too tight to buy a shaker so when I make my shakes I add a little cold water to mix it and then add he rest, it's not totally lump free but it's better, hope that helps lol x

Hello ladies!

Thank you for your replys..
Im trying to keep my diet quiet at work too. They all seem to have the same opinion that it isnt healthy bla bla!

Im finding today surprisingly ok, im not looking forward to tomorrow either!

How much do u ladies have to loose? Ive got roughly 3 and a half. 4 if im lucky.

:) x x x

Hi guys, Welcome :D

Hope ye dont mind me joining in on the convo.

Day 3&4 are hard but once your over that your fine, you get use to it, your not hungry and it becomes part of every day life.

At the start I didnt want anyone to notice but as i got further into the diet and was loosing weight i felt i could open up more and people were really nice about it.

Im currently going into wk 8 im down 2stone 3lbs hoping for 3 at the end of May.

What Plans are ye on?>

Good luck ladies

E xx

Hi all am a newbie as well seeing my consultant tomorrow so haven't officially started yet and a little scared could do with all the diet buddies I can get as doing it alone, have just left slimming world with a whole group of support to do this :-s x

Hi all, nice to see there's a few of us just starting out!

I will try your tip michelleon22 of mixing it into a paste first :) Done it at home in the blender tonight and that was fine.

Hoping to lose about 4 stone by the time I get married in January - I could probably lose about 5, but I'll be happy with 4....as a start anyway!

Thanks Emz for showing us all there's hope and we have to stick at it!!

I've got around 4-5 stone to lose, it seems so daunting like that though, I'm just going to have to set some mini goals! You've done really well emz how have you managed to stick to it fir so long? Lol. I'm starting I'm starting on soul source because when I've got the chance to have food that's when I'm likely to eat more! What plan have you been following? X

I think I need to set mini goals too, although as long as I'm losing a couple of lbs a week I'll be happy. Day 3 today and I've had one lumpy shake so far.... Did one in the blender with ice last night, so that was good. I do feel really cold and tired today though, although not really hungry which is good considering all anyone seems to talk about at work is food!!!

Well when i started i never set a goal i just wanted to loose weight and start to feel good about myself, there comes a stage where you just say right enough is enough!

I too have 6 stone to loose at the time when i found out i was like not a hope in hell but the longer your on it the more achievable it seems plus the stories on here really help you and the support from others there has been times where i wanted to give up and just head straight to the chinese or get a pizza but i havent.

I started on ss+ so i have 1 shake and 2 soups and a small meal, which usually consists of chicken/fish or veg, but lately ive started to cut the meal down and just have a boiled egg and i feel fine. Eventually id like to just do ss without the meal because you do loose the weight faster only by an extra lb or 2, but want to have 3 stone gone by May!!FOREVER :D

With the shakes, its all about how you make them so you can enjoy them, i put my cambridge flask into the freezer or a glass for 15 mins, make my shake and then leave it sit in the freezer for 5 mins then pour it in with a lump off ice and it was much easier and nicer.

You will feel cold for the first few weeks, i think its ur body getting use to the lack of food after that its fine.

Hope everyone is having a good day, sorry this is a bit long. I tent to blaaaab a bit LOL

E x

Wow! Down 2st + in 8 weeks! Great effort!

50 x

Hi guys, Welcome :D

Hope ye dont mind me joining in on the convo.

Day 3&4 are hard but once your over that your fine, you get use to it, your not hungry and it becomes part of every day life.

At the start I didnt want anyone to notice but as i got further into the diet and was loosing weight i felt i could open up more and people were really nice about it.

Im currently going into wk 8 im down 2stone 3lbs hoping for 3 at the end of May.

What Plans are ye on?>

Good luck ladies

E xx

Hi Jade:

Just wanted to say "Hello" & welcome!

50 x

Hiya all!

I am taking the plunge tonight and visiting my consultant. I went on the diet last year and lost a stone but due to money i had to stop. Boohoo!
I have put that stone back on (and more) and im ready to give it a go again!!
I know i have the willpower but im a little scared!

Would love a buddy to help each other through it?
Im 21, live in essex. Work in an office full of women who im guessing will have their different opinions on my diet :) but hey!

Be lovely to hear from you all x x x

Hello ladies..

How has all your days been? Im on day 2 and just had the worse headache!

Im really craving food today! Hope your all doing better than me haha x xx

Re: Newbie! Buddy? X

I've not had any headaches which is surprising as I am prone to them usually!

Just had 3rd shake of the day, tried vanilla in the blender with lots of ice, was quite nice actually...

Looking forward to trying some soups and porridge next week.

Day 1 for me tomorrow :-s all signed up today and raring to go feeling quite positive. Am sure I will be saying something different in a couple days lol glad I found this site as feel I will need all the support I can get x

Re: Newbie! Buddy? X

Im just coming to the end of week 3 on Lighter Life am starting on CWP this weekend to save money and I didn't find the 'counselling' sessions of any use to me.

I am finding this quite easy which is about time as I have been on and off this diet a couple of times in the last 15 months.

I want to lose 103 lbs and have lost 12 so far

Good luck Lucy & Danielle! Let us know how you get on. Day 4 for me, not had a shake yet, feeling a bit sick this morning so I can't face it yet.

Except the headaches ladies, it the withdrawls from food!LOL

I found invest in a box of paracetmol and keep drinking water.

Any plans for the weekend guys?

E x

Back