Cambridge diet...help please!!

Bb08

I have a lot of weight to lose and I'd prefer to lose it fast so am thinking about the cambridge diet. Just wondering if anyone has any experiences they'd like to share? Is it easy to stick to/unbearable? How do I enrol on the diet etc. Also, I know it's around £30 a week which is fine but as I'm currently a skint student I'd like to be aware of any hidden costs....does anyone know if there's membership fees etc, other than the price of the foodpacks?
Lastly, I've heard the weight loss is really fast so I'm worried about excess skin. I'm not 18 anymore (23) so I'm worried I'll be left with hanging skin that will be worse than the weight! Is it possible to exercise while on such a vlcd, and does exercise work to tone up? Any advice etc welcome, thanks for reading!

I have a lot of weight to lose and I'd prefer to lose it fast so am thinking about the cambridge diet. Just wondering if anyone has any experiences they'd like to share?
Is it easy to stick to/unbearable?
Everyone is different personally i liked the most of the soups and the tetra's. there is bound to be some of the products you like some you hate. It is hard but once you get into it it does get easier.
How do I enrol on the diet etc.
If you go to the cd website and look up your local cdc and give him/her a call and they will sort you out :)
Also, I know it's around £30 a week which is fine but as I'm currently a skint student I'd like to be aware of any hidden costs....does anyone know if there's membership fees etc, other than the price of the foodpacks?
There is no hidden fees i think most people in the uk pay about 35pounds per week. If you are 5'8 or more you will need to have 4 foodpacks per day

Lastly, I've heard the weight loss is really fast so I'm worried about excess skin. I'm not 18 anymore (23) so I'm worried I'll be left with hanging skin that will be worse than the weight! Is it possible to exercise while on such a vlcd, and does exercise work to tone up? Any advice etc welcome, thanks for reading!

You can still excercise maybe take it handy for the 1st few weeks so your body can get used to less cals. Some people dont get lose skin. others use creams everyday and they help. been younger aswell will help in the long run :)

Hiya ya should check out the cambridge thread as they might be best in helping ya out. As for the excess skin it was one of my fears as well however since chatting to a few people on the diet I have discovered that you have to do toning exercises as well so these days I am swimming and doing pilates as well, some days I go to a gym too. So I am hoping it all helps out in the long run.

just started today CD

Im a poor student too for 3 packs per day for week i just purchased them today it works out £37.50 for 3 packs and for 4 packs £50 i think. i had to justifie it with by the time iv had a wee drink at weekend had a take away or two in week and bought normal food and snacks i probably would be saving money, but i still have to cook for my son so the food temptation will still be there.

Might i just add from my last experience on CD with a 4 stone weight loss, it will become apparent very quickly that food is all around you All the time, in the street at the supermarket, at work at college at uni on the tele , social event and it is tough you have to have a lot of WANT power i can tell you. Not for the faint hearted. I am 43 so dont think age comes into it, after 20yrs of being over weight loose skin is inevitable for me i will deal with that as and when lol

All the best

Andrene xx

I'm not a student but I find the cost relative to what I'd spend in a week's worth of food. I work part time, am married with a family and I try to ensure that the money I spend on the CD comes out from food money rather than other money.
For me its about the only diet that has worked but everyone s different and I would suggest have a chat to one of the CD counsellors, read as much as you can and then make an informed choice.
As for the skin issue - loose skin has to more attractive than an overhang !!
Good luck in whatever you choose to do

Just wanted to thank everyone for their replies, I'm starting the diet thurs so here's hoping I'll stick to it:p
Good luck to you all

Back