CAMBRIDGE DIET- New to this site & the Diet!

Wooah congrats on the crazy loss! I weighed myself this morning and it showed I've lost almost a stone but I really don't think it's accurate so I'm just going to wait lol, a girl can dream though. :eek:

I'm also having a strawberry shake this morning. Day 6 today and I'm definitely starting to miss food a bit now but it's nothing I can't handle! Just gotta keep remembering that it's not forever! I really want to get that mix-a-mousse stuff but I'm not sure we can have it in our first week or two?

Hope you're all having a good weekend! x

Decided against weighing myself in boots when I went shopping this morning just because I don't want to know til the first weight in.

Just had spicy tomato soup for the first time and i guess I was expecting Heinz cream of tomato soup.. It was ok but chicken and mushroom my fav so far.

I think week two we are allowed bars which I'm so getting unsure when we are allowed mousse x x

Counting down the days til we're allowed bars lol. Only 7 to go!!

How are you both getting on? Got my first weigh in later, can't wait! xxx

I'm day 6 doing well so much energy but I have to go to bed at 9ish or I get hungry again and tired. Oh first weigh in how much did you lose??? My first weigh in is on Thursday! :)

Ah damn I though we were allowed bars free out first week? Ah well I can wait.

Much preferring just being on shakes at the moment I actually look forward to them x x

Hi all

Been reading this thread as I can see some of you mentioned small little cheats.

I'm on day 6 of my first week, first time on cambridge, getting weighed tomorrow.

There's been one or two occasions this week where I've ended up having a small meal of chicken and veg Instead of a shake..the meals have been small with no extras. Really determined to have no cheats from now on, but just wondered how badly do you think it will affect my first weeks loss??

Hi all

Been reading this thread as I can see some of you mentioned small little cheats.

I'm on day 6 of my first week, first time on cambridge, getting weighed tomorrow.

There's been one or two occasions this week where I've ended up having a small meal of chicken and veg Instead of a shake..the meals have been small with no extras. Really determined to have no cheats from now on, but just wondered how badly do you think it will affect my first weeks loss??

Hi your the same day as me but I have to wait til Thursday for my weigh in :) I've read 40-50 calories can put you out of ketosis on a website... But then this can't be true because people on the sole source + get to have 2 or 3 shakes a day with an evening meal like half a chicken breast & some vege. So it probably won't be a huge weight loss like it would have been without the meals but you will have still lost some.

I'm craving to eat something I may have a couple of carrot sticks tonight with my shake x x

100% all week and I lost 9lbs and 2.5 inches around my waist! I was expecting more tbh as my scales at home show that I've lost about 12lbs but I'll go with what the CDC says! It was hovering majorly though so fingers crossed next week will be a good loss too and I'll be into the 12 stone bracket! Hope your weigh on Thursday goes well! x

100% all week and I lost 9lbs and 2.5 inches around my waist! I was expecting more tbh as my scales at home show that I've lost about 12lbs but I'll go with what the CDC says! It was hovering majorly though so fingers crossed next week will be a good loss too and I'll be into the 12 stone bracket! Hope your weigh on Thursday goes well! x

Well done that's brilliant!!! I've said to myself 8lbs and over ill be happy :) 2.5 Inches is amazing this time next week you'd have lost a whole stone... In just 2 weeks! And give your scales to someone for a while or get someone to hide them they give you false hope. Keep going for it! & Thanks :) x x

Thank you :) She didn't measure me she said she only does that for every stone I lose. Hope to have lost a stone by next Thursday how is everyone else getting on? x x

Day 9 feeling good. Easter weekend ahead of meals at parents and meals out and buffets and roasts... And chocolate eggs all in my face.. And got cross buttery bunnnssss. Great.
This will be difficult! Got lots of support around me so ill be fine... x x

Week 2 and scales aren't saying I've lost a thing!!! I know weight loss slows down week 2 but today is Monday and Thursday Is my 2nd weigh in and I'm going to be so disheartened if I haven't lost anything x x

Week 2 and scales aren't saying I've lost a thing!!! I know weight loss slows down week 2 but today is Monday and Thursday Is my 2nd weigh in and I'm going to be so disheartened if I haven't lost anything x x

Awww try not to let it get you down! My week 2 I stayed the same... My CDC told me that i would lose either 1lb or nothing, and i was like yeah yeah! But when I saw it I was devastated!! Some people have a slow week week 2 some luck beggars have it as week 3!

Also yep TOTM can affect it! I always stay the same on TOTM but then the week after drop 9lbs... It's now dropped to 7lbs as I've only got 1stone left to shift though! Try not to let it stress you too much as its scientifically impossible for thus plan to fail! You will not be the first one to define/ go against the science of the diet ( even though I know I know it probably feels like you are!) that and... Stress can make you release cortisol which means your body can hang on to fat!

Also... Until you've got a month or so done you won't be able to see a pattern/ trend in your weight loss! Just think of how much you'll lose the next time on your 3rd weigh in instead :D

Back