Cambridge Diet or cry

why not do 4 shakes instead of 3. if it helps you and you'll loose practically the same, if not the same.

Yes Great Things I have done that on a few occasions atnd it does help.

The nibbling often arises when I am cooking for the family. :family2: The smell, and the urge to taste a bit- :drool: not even always hungar. I did it tonight when dishing up Sothern Fried chicken had 2 pieces, it is the healthy type though not KFC. :ashamed0005:

Thanx though guys for the support :thankyou:

Anyhow had my weigh in today and lost 4 lbs :D. :scale: This takes me over my first stone :D:D
1 Stone and 1 lb to be exact so this has made me happy I am a quater of the way there.

Shame I had to ruin it with the Southern Fried chicken :mad:

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

:deadhorse: that's what it's like. I just start getting into Ketosis then I eat yes I know what you're thinking I only just got weighed in. Now I've also eaten a chocolate doughnut. My son didn't want it and human dustbin got rid of it. I feel so rubbish. Now the kids are arguing. :cry:

Have eaten yet again today :break_diet: it wasn't till early evening it was a bit of left over chicken Kiev and then some fudge/caramel slice my OH had earlier bought. Guilt ridden yet again :mad: When will I ever make it 100% for more than 3 days and make it to ketosis:confused:
It's not like I Picking all day just around tea time then it's over.

100% today. Went to Heights of Abraham in Derbyshire had good day with family no Ice cream did lots of walking and now on nights. No food has passed my lips. Had 4th shake bit feel very hungry. prob exercise and the fact it is 02:30hrs and I have been up since 0700hrs .

Yay!! Well done Pinky - just keep going with that positivity now and you'll later on be posting that you've had 2 100% days in a row, then 3, then ketosis :D

It is 04:50 and on my second night shift. And yes Deb can report that I have done my second 100% day/ night. No signs of Ketosis yet as am craving some toast presently! Also my bed. Getting tired now. I wonder if I will finally get into ketosis after 4 1/2 weeks of nearly getting there then eating something lol. Well at least I have still been losing the pounds:)

Well done hun, I know its hard but once you get into ketosis you'll lose the hunger and start to feel better. You'll still have your cravings but I know you are strong and you want a slim bod rather than toast so stick with it.

You still going strong today?

Thanx for the encouragement Deb and yes just ending day 4 of 100% with no little picking either:)
Not sure still if in ketosis as fancied something proper to eat when got in from work.
In bed now and up in 5 hours for work again:( need sleep .
Hope your doing ok chick

well done for sticking with it pinky. hope today goes well for you!

Well day 5 of 100 % and I am still thinking about food and feeling hungry :eating:
I should have gone into ketosis by now :banghead:
Also am obsessed with getting on scales when at home and work. What is going on. It's been since my first week Since I've managed to go 4 days or more 100% and it's been difficult so why no ketosis ???

i still get cravings and want food, i'm just not hungry, if that makes sense? So unless you're feeling faint i'd hazard a guess you're actually in ketosis now :)

5 weeks today of CD and day 6 of 100% with no picking :angel: but I feel this won't last. I have had 3 shakes already today and it's only 4pm. I'm hungry still :grumble:

Where is my ketosis :confused: My CDC said it sometimes doesn't kick in till day 6 ( today) ! That's 2 more days then I was originally told :sigh: my cravings are bad I'm tired (may be from work) and have a headache. She also said it may be cause I'm not drinking enough water

I've had my weigh in today and have lost 4 1/2 lbs which is good but the wanting for food overshadows it.
May change my name to Miss Can't resist food .

A lot of people will be in ketosis after 3 or 4 days, but some can take longer. It's also just an initial "light" stage of ketosis as well. Your body goes further in to it over the following weeks. The picking would probably have an effect on what is going on in your body. If it was a clean start, you probably would have been okay by now. You'll just have to stick it out and try your best. If you really need something, have an extra Cambridge meal today, rather than something you shouldn't, or you'll have to start all over again.

A lot of people will be in ketosis after 3 or 4 days, but some can take longer. It's also just an initial "light" stage of ketosis as well. Your body goes further in to it over the following weeks. The picking would probably have an effect on what is going on in your body. If it was a clean start, you probably would have been okay by now. You'll just have to stick it out and try your best. If you really need something, have an extra Cambridge meal today, rather than something you shouldn't, or you'll have to start all over again.

Yes I did re start 100% again last Wednesday after for the previous 4 weeks only managing about 95 - 98 % . I would keep to it for a few days then pick at something and have to start the process of going into ketosis all over again.
Already had weakened to a 4th CD meal today . Does anyone know what difference a 4th makes. My CDC said for someone of my height it slows things down :confused:

I really don't get the mentality of some of these CDC's. I know there are strict rules that should be followed, but they don't seem to realise that bending them slightly once in a while is far better than completely breaking them.

Having a 4th meal every day would most likely mean you would take longer to lose the weight than on 3 meals per day. But having a 4th meal every now and then is hardly going to make much difference, especially compared to what you might be tempted by if you didn't have it.

Hi Pinky,
I am also working nights at the moment and have one to go. I am on SS + because of my lifestyle (nightshifts, baby girl, underactive thyroid, etc). It doesn't slow weightloss down by much, to be honest. I'd say if you need an extra meal, go for it. I do find that I need an extra one, especially when I'm working nights. Hope you don't mind me asking, but what do you do for a living?
Good luck with your shifts.:)

I really don't get the mentality of some of these CDC's. I know there are strict rules that should be followed, but they don't seem to realise that bending them slightly once in a while is far better than completely breaking them.

Having a 4th meal every day would most likely mean you would take longer to lose the weight than on 3 meals per day. But having a 4th meal every now and then is hardly going to make much difference, especially compared to what you might be tempted by if you didn't have it.

Totally agree with you FBS - a 4th shake once in a while is so much better than feeling so hungry that you scoff a packet of biscuits. My cdc is great, she totally supports the CD guidelines but is also very sensible in helping her peeps make CD work for them rather than risk people falling off the wagon totally. She has always said to me that if I am feeling hungry and it is the choice between a bag of chips, or a packet of crisps, or whatever, and an extra shake, or even 2 extra shakes then always have an extra shake if it takes the edge off. Its hardly going to make a big, if any!, difference to your losses each week if this is something you do from time to time to help you through hungry times.

Hope you're feeling ok Pinky xx

Yep, totally agree. To be honest I have never discussed rule bending with my CDC, so I'm not sure what her view would be. I know what works for me so I would do it anyway, if I had to. I really only see her to buy products, the rest is what I have learnt on this forum and by experimenting myself.

Having a 4th meal every day would most likely mean you would take longer to lose the weight than on 3 meals per day. But
having a 4th meal every now and then is hardly going to make much difference, especially compared to what you might be tempted by if you didn't have it.

I wouldn't say she said not to have a 4th just it could slow weight loss down and delay me going into ketosis. As for my height I only need 3 shakes. I'd had 4 on a few occasions
that week and was telling her that I didn't think I was in ketosis. But thanks FBS for your advice and encouragement :)

Tessie I am a mental health nurse. I don't work permanent nights. Bit of a mixture but more days. What do you do on your nights?

Thanks the rest of you chicks for your support. :thankyou:

Last night after posting and having my 4 th shake things went from bad too worse.
I generally felt rubbish- stomach grumbling, tired, lethargic I ended up having a bar that totalled my CD products to 5 :mad:
Then to make things even worse I was
clearing up the kitchen from supper and I put some cold pizza leftovers in my mouth to eat- it was great but then realising I would break my ketosis I just chewed it then spat it out . I then went on to do it again
just to get the taste. I feel so humiliated
that I did this.
:ashamed0005:

Last edited:
Back