Cambridge Diet or cry

Aw honey, maybe SS is not right for you at the moment. Could you start at a higher plan maybe and work your way down gradually to SSing. It really is a hard diet, but once you are in the "zone" you will be flying honey x x

Thanx Eclipse. I did start 100% for the first 10 days and it wasn't till I took an evening off to go to a BBQ that I've started to waver. I'm off out tomorrow to a friend from works leaving doo at a Chinese and the Saturday a 50th so come Sunday 100% will start again. I am still keeping to it most of the time soninmust still be losing? Had a very small meal this evening again with my sister who is visiting.

Hey hun, the bready snacks and cheddars seem to be your downfall, maybe try and get rid of them or only buy enough for your kids to help you avoid them... then when you are ready to go after the weekend you won't have that temptation x

Hey hun, the bready snacks and cheddars seem to be your downfall,

Well lets say that is very true wannabslim:D

Well my meal out with work last night was good:D
Chinese buffett style and yes I ate a fair bit. But I had to get my moneys worth and it was a set price!! No alcohol though just water (but with a slice of lemon) is that allowed???
Anyhow got a 50th to go to tonight so another buffet, but probably no alcohol again.
Can't wait for my weigh in on Monday, it's been 2 weeks due to CDC being on hols. Not expecting big drop cuase had a few meals this week but will be happy with about 4lbs.
When I went out last night I wore a black maxi dress, great for hiding lumps and bumps and I know ive only lost a bit so far but for some strange reason I never felt so big as I usually do when I was brave enough to venture out. Anyhow whether I looked slimmer or not I felt happier :D

hiya

i wouldn't worry about the lemon. you can't have it if you are in ketosis as it knocks you out - citric acid :(

back to it today for you. i've had 2 bad food days. mind hubby got chips from the chippie for him and the kids and asked me. now i'm not on a low plan so i technically could have them but food is still a big problem for me so i said no and that i'd just pinch a couple of chips rather than have a full thing to me.

i'm always looking at the foods and not having. i look, i want then i 99% of the time don't have. i then go home and have something else like a weight watchers bar. not bad but i could survive without it.

it is so hard getting back on track when you've taken time out. i've never really found my mojo from when i went to eurodisney at the end of april beginning of may. i should be 11st 7lbs at least by now if not lower but i'm staying around 11st 10lbs and not shifting. mind just been given a new plan for running for the next 5 weeks cause it's the lead up to my half marathon and the chap said i should loose weight on this plan. he's told me to drop my classes for now too. so running 4 times a week and nothing else.

All the running you seem to do Greatthings I'm sure you'll loose it soon.
I shall keep the lemon off the menu from now. I hope I don't find it difficult getting back on track. Having a yurn for good now but for now am resisting.

Ok managed 100 % today And ready for weigh in tomorrow. Not expecting a loss as have had 3 big meals this week but it has been 2 weeks since I was weighed due to CDC being on hols. Well 4 lbs would be nice but unlikely. Fingers crossed .

Well I am pleased 4.5 lbs lost. Not bad as I had massive Chinese on Friday, spaghetti and garlic bread Wednesday and drank alcohol and ate Buffett food Saturday. Not that it's good but I wasn't expecting a loss. Well if I can lose another 3lbs by next weigh in that will be a stone in 4 weeks :)

Last edited:
OMG so hungry. This is my 3rd day of 100% after eating loads at end of 3rd week, so I guess I'm going back into ketosis. CDC said have a 4th shake/soup etc. I have decided to give one of the bars a try- peanut , mmm nice but not sure how filling it will be. My psychological head says its just a snack like a chockie bar and not a meal . The shakes and soups dont do that to me. We shall see. I must stay 100% SS so I can shift my first stone by 4th week.

make sure you have a pint of water before your bar and have your bar with a nice cup of coffee (if you like coffee that is). will fill you up that way.

Scream I had 5 cheddars do you think this will mean I now won't go into Ketosis and
Will have to start the 3/4 days allmover again ?

Ok day started well went to cinema to watch Karate Kid with my sons. Took a bar. Had a shake later but got in and invaded the cheddars AGAIN :mad::mad::mad::break_diet::break_diet:
Not only that after doing some toast for my sons I then had a slice myself. So even if I didn't disrupt my ketosis yesterday I sure have today
:break_diet::break_diet::mad:

:break_diet:Miss I have no will power is new name. Well yesterday was another bad day . What is up with me??? I had a cheese sandwich at lunch followed by a Rolo doughnut. At supper time a bowl of mini honey shredded wheat. no reason - no excuse. FAILURE :mad:

ok, i've read all your entries. If you stop buying the junk food, you can't eat it, right? Your kids won't starve if you don't have cheddars etc. So remove the temptation!

You can do this -think of it as a total break from food. I put my shakes etc in their own cupboard so i don't see any other food when it's my mealtime. I make sure i eat my shake/soup/bar at least 20 mins before i prepare my husband and son's meals, and i have a half pint mug of water beside me to sip so i feel 'full' whilst i'm handling food. Maybe that will help?

I make sure i eat my shake/soup/bar at least 20 mins before I prepare my husband and son's meals, and i have a half pint mug of water beside me to sip so i feel 'full' whilst i'm handling food. Maybe that will help?

Ok thanks PuddingToat I shall try this. To be honest Cheddars are a downfall of mine there's no doubt but they are a favourite of my sons and I don't feel he should suffer because of me. But yes if I could eradicate all junk food life would be so much easier. I keep my shakes etc in their box on the work top.

On a good note I have kept 100% today although I've had 4 CD meals.
Going to be working nights tomorrow so shall have to have an extra shake

pinky! well done and keep going. to be honest im amazed you are losing at all with the nibbles. nibbles really set me back. they are evil arent they? anyway, hope you have a good day girl.

why not do 4 shakes instead of 3. if it helps you and you'll loose practically the same, if not the same.

Back