Cambridge Re-starters Diary - I need your help please???

Hi Cicerone:)

I've been reading your thread with interest as a CD returner. Have been putting things off for ages now but have decided to try one last time to get back onto SS+ to get this last flamin' stone off:eek: Such a lot of faffing around i have done over the past few months. Re-joined WW which i love and i know works but i just kept self-sabotaging every weekend:mad:

I need the CD quick fix but am dreading the first few days i have to say. Am going to see my CDC tomorrow night and hope to start properly on Friday:eek: .I just hope i can manage it as well as you have - My goal weight is 10st 10lbs so i've just over a stone to lose and hope that will only take about 3 weeks :innocent0001:

Have cut well back on carbs all week so hope that'll ease the pain:p

Well tomorrow is going to be really hard. Its the day I find out if I have a job anymore!!! I've been looking around for other jobs, but there just doesnt seem to be any out there. I was hoping to get my redundancy and have another job, so the extra money could pay off some debts (I must stop living in dreamland!).

There are 16 people being told tomorrow so its going to be really sad even if I am staying. I've also been asked to go to the pub, and usually I would say no, but tomorrow is going to be so awful that I feel I need to go, I'm going to have an SS+ meal for lunch and limit the amount I have to drink.

I've resigned myself that this week may not be a good week for my weight loss, but I'm still going to the gym so hopefully I will see inches off instead.

Hope everyone else is doing well xx

Aww hun, i know it doesnt look good, but ill have my fingers crossed for you. Everything happens for a reason and if you do end up loosing your job, its only because there is a better one round the corner ;)

Aww hun, i know it doesnt look good, but ill have my fingers crossed for you. Everything happens for a reason and if you do end up loosing your job, its only because there is a better one round the corner ;)

Awe thank you xx

The good news is I have kept my job. But so many good people are going. Yesterday was so sad, and I was crying like a baby. (I am known by friends as The Tap, haha). The next phase is the *****iness that will start, as a lot of people are already saying why is such and such staying and I'm not. I'm better then them.

I have to stay out of it, as I'm a teamleader (not sure for how long), but its going to be hard, as I tend to agree with a lot of whats been said.

Anyhow yesterday was a non diet day. I was planning on having a bit of chicken for lunch and a couple of drinks. What planet was I on? I had a burger king for lunch, biscuits and crips, and went to the pub after work. I had a share in sooo many bottles of wine that I lost count.
But I was dancing by 9 like a crazy loon, so maybe that will have taken off some pounds. haha

Oh dear, I am suffering today, but back on the plan, drinking lots of water too.

Ah im glad you kept your job!! :) Great news. No worries about breaking the diet - you were celebrating and comisserating after all that stress - just get back on track today ;) xxx

I'm well and truly back on track now. Freezing cold today, so I know I'm off again, and the little Ketoman is just around the corner.

I regret eating the junk though, as I probably wont have lost anything. BUT, glad to be back on track now, and thats me done until the end of the month. Next night out is 29th May, but hoping that by then I will be going to SS+ anyhow so a little blip wont kill me.

Its taken me a long time to get this far, and now I know I can do it.
I've been for a 4 mile walk today, and the tops of my thighs are a bit sore, so I've done some good, and back to the gym tomorrow.

I do warn anyone though. If your going to cheat, dont eat junk, its just not worth doing that to your body!!

Hi Cicerone,

Glad you're back on track! Sounds like you had a good night though!!:p

You're so so close to target - knuckle down and then you'll be there. I can't wait to get rid of this flab and get on with my life.

I too have a night out on 29th and hope to have a good deal of the excess weight off by then. Not sure what to do though as don't really want to fall off the wagon so close to goal:confused:

Keep up your good work!

I think its more the drinking that you have to worry about. I felt awful after my slip. I ate a tonne of lard and drank far too much. I wont do that again! Just be careful when you do go out. If your eating, stick to chicken, and drink as less as possible, even if you have a drink and then a glass of water next would be better.

I was feeling very bunged up yesterday, so bought some Entrolax. Only 99p from Home and Bargain. I had two before bedtime. OMG! They worked too well. I was on the loo for about an hour this morning, and it wasnt pleasant. My stomach and backside really hurt. Will think very carefully before I have those again.

Anyone else had these tablets?

Don't worry about it - it'll all even out in the long run - Look at what you've accomplished so far! Stay on track and you won't go wrong this week!:p Your goal is well in sight!

hiya :)

i have just read the whole of your thread and i agree you are inspirational....and so honest and open about cheating and the way it makes you feel...but at the same time you represent all those women who go through the same thing, who fall off the wagon, and all the little slip ups...it makes me feel normal but makes me realise that the way forward is to just keep pushing on.

thank you xxx

Thank you so much for your lovely post. I have a huge smile on my face.

I'm feeling ok today. I had a strange, but nice compliment today. I was told how lovely my face looks! Now the sad thing is, I've been looking in the mirror for the last half hour and I cant see any difference. haha

I'm struggling to find any clothes that fit me anymore, and I felt really scruffy in work today. I cannot believe how much money I have spent on clothes while going through this journey. I also cant believe how quickly the new stuff is hanging off me. I think I may have to do a car boot sale in the summer, to try and reclaim some cash. I'm looking forward to payday, but will just buy one new pair of work trousers and a new top I think.

I hope everyone is doing well today.

Feeling a bit stroppy today. I'm struggling, but taking each hour as it comes (I usually take it daily), but finding it very hard now. I'm actually counting down to my next weigh in, which is next Thursday, as its then when I want to go up to SS+. Maybe thats the problem! Thinking about food is driving me nuts.
I need to get stronger!!!!!!!!

This is going to sound like a very stupid post, and I am sure some may be annoyed with me. But, its my diary so heyho!
I've got to have a clear out of my wardrobe this weekend. I have tonnes of size 16's which I doubt will no longer fit. Some have only been worn once., and I feel sad!!! WHY?????
I'm really struggling to understand why I am feeling like this. I'm actually becoming really annoyed with myself now, as I just dont get it..........

Hi Cicerone!

I have a wardrobe full of size 14 trousers that are too big for me and some of them have never been worn which has irritated me for some reason:confused: As you say it doesn't really make sense after the hard work we've done to get to where we're at. I'm sure that the feeling will pass though once the newest batch of clothes comes along:p

I'm really struggling at the moment as i think i'm coming down with something. I feel rough - knocked myself out of ketosis yesterday by mistakenly drinking the wrong type of Perfectly Clear water (silly me!:eek:) so have been quite hungry although today don't know if its real hunger or just want the comfort from food coz i'm feeling cack. The scales haven't really been my friend all week and altho i feel in my clothes that i've lost weight the scales don't reflect that. I did cave in earlier and had a naughty boiled egg but at least that's better than a cream cake:D

Cheer up chick - you're nearly there!

Hi Jax, I'm feeling the same. Really wanting noodles badly, but keep counting down until Thursday when its my weigh in. Its sooo hard, but the awful feeling we get when we kick ourselves out of ketosis is horrible and just isnt worth it. So get yourself back on the water and shakes now!!! haha Your doing really well and blips are blips. If you can get back into it, you will be fine. My scales arnt moving either this week, but I can feel it when I'm getting dressed, so I know I am losing.

I'm starting ss+ on Thursday, BUT have a crazy weekend ahead. I'm out on Friday with friends I havent seen in ages, and Saturday there is the big Football game on, and I have my sister coming over for drinks and nibbles. I know I'm going to be bad and should really do another week of SS, but I just cant face it anymore..... I will try and not go overboard and just take it as it comes I guess. Will do extra time at the gym.

I emptied my wardrobe. I have two bin bags full of clothes that dont fit. Although an unbelievable boost is that I found an old dress that I havent been able to wear since I was 17. It fits!!!! Although it doesnt look fabulous on, (a few bulges where there shouldnt be) I can get it on Its given me such a boost. I always used to find it when I had clear outs of clothes that were too small, and I always told myself "one day I will wear that again", and in a couple of weeks I know I will. So so happy with this.

Now I have to refill the wardrobe with new stuff, and its going to be hard for me this month. Money is very short at the moment, and with CD costing £35-00 a week, it will be a struggle. I'm going to go to the supermarkets and get a pair of trousers for work and maybe a new top, and make do for a month. I have a few other bits that still fit, so I should be ok. I need size 12. OMG size 12, I think I skipped that size, when I was growing up. heehee

Well its been a beautiful day here in Liverpool. I've been for a long walk and caught the sun. Just got a stack of ironing to do and windows which could do with a wash, (both jobs I loathe) so when there done I will have a nice bath, smother myself in moisturiser, and I'll watch Britains Got Talent with a choc shake, and then to bed.

I've really enjoyed reading your diary, it's been a total morale booster. I too went through my wardrobes (I've gone from a 22-24 to a size 18 so far) and I've got 3 bags for charity, and a huge boxful of new stuff with labels and nearly new to sell on ebay. I buy a load of my clothes from ebay and get some fabulous bargains! I really must take a leaf out of your book and start some sort of excercise regime, I'm waiting for some wii games to come through (boxing and the other excercise one that I can't remember what it's called!) cos I can't afford to go to the gym at the moment, so hopefully they will help. Keep up the good work hun, and we won't even mention the footie next weekend lolol (humphs) xxx

Back