Step 1 Sole Source Cambridge Weight Plan- Weight Loss Diary 2014

Last july i was weighing 204lbs, so i signed up with a consultant but didn't stick to the plan, i still managed to lose 44lbs on dukan diet,i've gained 10lbs back and i don't think i can stand eating eggs,ham and chicken for now.So i'm going to use up the 2weeks cambridge pack supplies that i have and see where that takes me before i meet with my consultant.Its day one for me today and i was looking for motivation, glad i found your diary. my starting weight is 170lbs and i hope to 30lbs+

You've done so well to have lost all that weight since last year! How has Cambridge been for you this time? Have you met your consultant yet? Thirty pounds will drop off so quickly. Don't quit! X

Hi guys! Well CD Rome - wedding was amazing, however my plan to get back on hasn't yet evolved. Had alot going on and really not been very motivated. I was desperate to get back on on Monday and was all ready to go and then got severe food poisoning Sunday night (only just able to look at food) so instead of waiting until Sunday (when I see my consultant) I have decided I am going to have a nice dinner of my choice tonight as I am home alone (Pizza it is!), I am going to relax with a movie and have an early night... then tomorrow! HERE WE GO!! Will need lots of support I am sure over the next week!! xx

Hey sorry for the late response. How're you doing? So sorry to hear of the food poisoning! Hope you're better now! And back on the diet? X

Hi all, hope you don't mind me joining in, you all sound like your doing really well. i started in February and found it easy to stick to until I had a week off and now I am struggling to stay on track. I was on step 2 but I have decided to go back to step 1 this week to give me a boost. Has anyone else done this? Does it help? x

Hi Rose! We don't mind you joining in at all. Welcome! Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I've not personally gone back a step but I've seen lots of posts on this forum where people have done so. Did it work for you and help the weight loss? X

Week Nineteen: Step Four:

Hey lovelies! I hope everyone is doing well?

So I've been AWOL for a week or so. On Sunday I began step four; 1200 calories. I did two weeks of step three prior to this.
When I saw my consultant on Sunday, I gained weight from 63.8kg to 64.3kg.

It seems that everyone falters at some point on this diet and my second week on step three was that point for me- for the first time on this diet. I ate my weight in chocolate! It was like I was self sabotaging knowing full well how far I had come. At the start of the week, I would have a few pieces and would exercise afterwards to counterbalance it. But by the end of the week, the portion grew and the exercise stopped. I knew whilst eating so much of it that I should stop now. But I just kept going. I don't even know why. I can't think of what may have triggered it. It was just there and once I started, I chose not to stop. I accepted that I'd gain weight at the weigh in and it came as no surprise when I stepped on the scales. I felt so rubbish afterwards and I don't want to feel like that again.

So since Sunday, I've been following the plan exactly as instructed to do so. I've been feeling quite paranoid about gaining because of the last weigh in results, the increased food amounts and because the book isn't as clear in explaining the foods and quantities on this step, as it has been for earlier stages. More times than once, I've been left wondering whether I am overeating or if I'm unknowingly consuming more calories than I should be.

Exercising has been difficult due to long hours at work and the lack of it has only added to the paranoia. I wanted to do cardio classes but have only managed to walk at lunch time for 20 minutes once this week and walk for an hour followed by toning of the abs, arms and legs once this week. I will be going swimming tonight. And hope to get in a cardio class on Saturday and Sunday.

I put off writing this post for a while because I felt quite down about giving in to chocolate and gaining weight. It's strangely therapeutic now that I've written though. Just hoping for a good result this week on Sunday. X

Well done CDRome for getting back into it. You should uze myfitnesspal.com to track.your calories. I find it really helpful.

Well done CDRome for getting back into it. You should uze myfitnesspal.com to track.your calories. I find it really helpful.

Hi Kiwi. Thanks- doing my best. :) Thank you for the suggestion- I may just do that! Are you on a higher step now? How're you finding the exercise aspect of things? X

Week Twenty: Step Four

Sunday marked the start of my second week on step four. It was also weigh in day. Thankfully, I managed to lose the weight gained from last week's mishap. I have gone from 64.3kg to 63.6kg. Before last week's gain, I was 63.8kg. So to be below that, I'm happy and can live with this loss.

I really need to make time for more exercise from this week onwards. On earlier steps, it was so much easier to not have to worry about it! But this is the reality and is a necessity if I want to tone up and more importantly, keep the weight off. So from today, I'm planning on doing Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred. There are three levels and I will spend two weeks on each, working out five times a week.

At the moment, I feel like my stomach is still a problem area. I'm not sure if it's a subconscious feeling from eating carbs at every meal, but it feels bigger than on step three! My thighs and bum also jiggle when I walk, lol! So, my aim is to aid the weight loss by completing the exercise DVD and to tighten everything up.

I have to do this.. I NEED to move passed the 63kg number by Sunday!

Week Twenty-One: Step Five

I lost half a kg at my weigh in today, following my second and final week on step four. My weight reduced from 63.6kg to 63.1kg.

Beginning from today, I've decided to complete the recommended minimum of two weeks on the final step (step five), before coming off the diet completely. Although I am only 3kg away, I highly doubt that I will reach my target weight of 60kg in that time. But I can no longer justify the expense with such small losses each week.

After I come off the diet, I will still maintain a 1500 calorie diet for a month afterwards. I just won't be having anymore Cambridge products during this time. I will then move up to approx 1800 calories before finally maintaining at 2000 calories. As of last week, I have been doing the 30 day shred, five times a week. I will continue to exercise five times a week from now on. With a controlled diet and an exercise routine in place, I don't see why I cannot manage to shift the last 3kg.

One thing I've noticed, is that while this diet has dramatically reduced the fat on my body, it has also resulted in a lot of muscle breakdown. I can see the effects of this most visibly on my legs and my stomach; although they are much smaller, they are still quite flabby and I am left with fat rather than muscle in these areas. So while getting to 60kg and achieving what I had started out to do is important, it's pointless if at 60kg I still have pockets of fat wobbling around every time I walk. The goal has therefore evolved; more than hitting a number on the scale, I want to see my body build muscle and look toned. This inevitably means a gain on the scale. But I'm okay with that. Because I know that I will be training and eating right and that that gain will represent something healthier than fatty body parts.

My consultant was very quick to remind me that I wasn't alone and that I could go for monthly weigh in's, even after I am no longer on the diet. I'm so glad to have had her support through this journey and I'm so grateful for her encouragement. I've gone from start to finish on this diet in five short months and 22kg/ 49pounds/ 3.46 stone later, have finally made it to the last step. I can safely say that I have my life and confidence back and I'm ready to go at this with diet and exercise now! X

Hi All,
Have just spent a rainy afternoon reading through this thread.
Well done to you all, you have done amazingly!!
I started SS on Thursday and have just had a torturous bank holiday weekend where the girls all came to visit for the weekend!
They did not stop eating lol!! But I did not cave and even cooked them a meal from the cambridge booklet and still only had my shake!
CDROME it was your last post that stuck with me the most..... I do not want to go down the road where i have lost lots of muscle. I was gyming 2-4 times a week before this but eating horrendously! (My names Serena and I'm a sugar addict). So underneath the wobbly bits there is a good base of muscle. My target weight is 63kg and I'm currently at 91KG.
I have a party to go to on the 14th June so will inevitably need to eat sooner than you guys did. Then after that its weekend after weekend of family visiting, hen parties and weddings till september!!
Do you have any advice?
Thanks!

Hi All, Have just spent a rainy afternoon reading through this thread. Well done to you all, you have done amazingly!! I started SS on Thursday and have just had a torturous bank holiday weekend where the girls all came to visit for the weekend! They did not stop eating lol!! But I did not cave and even cooked them a meal from the cambridge booklet and still only had my shake! CDROME it was your last post that stuck with me the most..... I do not want to go down the road where i have lost lots of muscle. I was gyming 2-4 times a week before this but eating horrendously! (My names Serena and I'm a sugar addict). So underneath the wobbly bits there is a good base of muscle. My target weight is 63kg and I'm currently at 91KG. I have a party to go to on the 14th June so will inevitably need to eat sooner than you guys did. Then after that its weekend after weekend of family visiting, hen parties and weddings till september!! Do you have any advice? Thanks!

Hi Serena! Thank you! Congrats on getting through the bank holiday despite all the temptation- it's by no means easy to achieve! I didn't have a lot of events that I had to go to during my time on sole source or even on higher steps. I generally steered clear of them. But I would suggest planning ahead so you know exactly how you'll handle the situation. For the family visiting weekends, will you be able to stick to sole source? And then perhaps on the days that you have bigger events you could do sole source plus? Or maybe a higher step would work better for you overall? The other thing I would personally do is let the consultant know each time an event is looming because then you may be less inclined to cheat if you have to justify your actions or report back to them, lol! You can do it! X

Week Twenty-Two: Step Five

It's officially my last week on the diet.

I've been going strong with exercising to the 30 day shred DVD, five times a week, for two weeks now. Level one is now complete and I'm moving up to level two this week.

My scale showed a loss from 63.1kg to 62.6kg. My consultants scale, however, showed a gain from 63.1kg to 63.3kg. I don't quite understand that. But I'm only taking what the scale shows with a pinch of salt from now on (perhaps not the best figure of speech- my apologies, lol) because I'm toning a lot now and muscle weighs more than fat.

I'm ready to go at this with diet and exercise now. But I'm also quite scared at getting carried away with binging on things I shouldn't. Or getting complacent with the exercise. I just hope I can demonstrate enough will power to see this through and successfully maintain the loss.

Back