Step 1 Sole Source Cambridge Weight Plan- Weight Loss Diary 2014

Day Eighty-Five: Sole Source: 30/3/14

Yesterday was the last day of sole source for me. I can't believe that I've managed twelve weeks consistently at 100% on this diet! During this time, I've managed ten weeks of sole source and two weeks of sole source plus with no cheating whatsoever. I've gone from 85.2 kg to my current weight of 66.8 kg in twelve short weeks.

This week I went from 68.8 kg to 66.8 kg / 151 pounds to 147.2 pounds / 10.8 stone to 10.5 stone. I am 6.8 kg / 14.9 pounds / 1.07 stone away from target. And intend on losing that as I work my way up the steps from today.

I finally get to eat EVERY DAY! Muhahaha! :D

I'm still shocked at how much this journey has changed my outlook on life and my attitude. My confidence has increased bucket loads and this has transpired into all aspects of my life, including securing a job I never thought I'd manage to get and not shying away from people anymore. I feel like an improved, grown up version of the skinny teenage me and as though I can tackle anything right now. To those of you going through this diet, don't give up! It'll be so worth it. :) x

Day Eighty-Five: Sole Source: 30/3/14 Yesterday was the last day of sole source for me. I can't believe that I've managed twelve weeks consistently at 100% on this diet! During this time, I've managed ten weeks of sole source and two weeks of sole source plus with no cheating whatsoever. I've gone from 85.2 kg to my current weight of 66.8 kg in twelve short weeks. This week I went from 68.8 kg to 66.8 kg / 151 pounds to 147.2 pounds / 10.8 stone to 10.5 stone. I am 6.8 kg / 14.9 pounds / 1.07 stone away from target. And intend on losing that as I work my way up the steps from today. I finally get to eat EVERY DAY! Muhahaha! :D I'm still shocked at how much this journey has changed my outlook on life and my attitude. My confidence has increased bucket loads and this has transpired into all aspects of my life, including securing a job I never thought I'd manage to get and not shying away from people anymore. I feel like an improved, grown up version of the skinny teenage me and as though I can tackle anything right now. To those of you going through this diet, don't give up! It'll be so worth it. :) x

Absolutely amazing achievement! I am 14lbs from my first goal for the wedding and just under 28lbs from my ideal weight! Currently in Barcelona on my sisters hen weekend - stuck 100% to plan and nothing has passed my lips but water and shakes! Praying that Tues morn shows me a good loss (especially as will have been 8 days) x

Absolutely amazing achievement! I am 14lbs from my first goal for the wedding and just under 28lbs from my ideal weight! Currently in Barcelona on my sisters hen weekend - stuck 100% to plan and nothing has passed my lips but water and shakes! Praying that Tues morn shows me a good loss (especially as will have been 8 days) x

Thanks hun!

You don't have too long to go. You're already doing so well- you'll hit that target before you know it.

I never had anything as difficult to get through as a hen weekend on this diet. You should be so proud of yourself. A friend of mine wants to go away in May, by which time I'll be on step three and I'm worrying about how to get through that; no idea how you managed it on sole source!? I'm sure the scales will show you a great number. :) Let us know how you get on tomorrow morning. Best of luck! Xx

I know I am just panicking now. I dont know if I am being silly but I had my weigh in this morning after sticking 100% to plan and even doing my toning exercises 3 times a day whilst on the hen weekend... i've only lost 3lb in 9days. I was really hoping for 4 or 5... so feeling really disappointed! I am hoping that when I weigh in on Sunday I can lose a little more - maybe retaining water from flying. My automatic reaction though is to exercise more especially with only 25 days to lose 10lbs but my CDC has said maybe I am exercising too much! I am so confused!

My first fitting on Fri/Sat and I do not feel confident at all!! HELP :( xxx

Morning, your all doing so well. I went for weigh in last night and lost 5lb so that's 12lb in two weeks, which is great, but I thought it would have been a little more - as my scales at home say I had lost 7lb but hey ho, much better than any other diet and am now in the 15's instead of 16's which is nice. still feels such a long way to get to 11 stone, but looking at you doing this makes me feel better. How did you find the 12 week on sole source? did you eat at all in all that time?

Debs

Well done Debs! 12lb in 2 weeks is amazing! I've been doing it 5wks now and I have lost 21lbs. I haven't eaten at all and dont plan on til my sisters wedding (the 10wk mark) then I am going to return to SS for another week before I start working up the plan!
Keep going with it - it gets much easier - I just returned from my sisters hen weekend in Barcelona and stayed on plan 100% the whole time and was so much easier than I thought because I am so into the routine now!
Good luck and keep us posted! x

Sounds like your doing fab. Week 13 now for us. I lost a lb last week. My losses have slowed right down :-( Only 8lb to go for me so guess thats why. I had the weekend off because of my boyfriends birthday on sat and then woke up Sunday and my boyfriend proposed :) So had Sunday off to as wanted to celebrate. God knows what I put on, I'm not checking the scales until sat but will be happy to lose a lb this week!!! Hope your weeks going well x

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(
Wk9 -STS :-( Again
Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol
Wk11 -4lb again whoop
Wk12 -1lb

Thanks soph. Wow how amazing are you. Really impressed. You are pepper in the zone

me and hubby went to friends on sat. They had curry and I had my soup so I guess if u want something enough you can do it.

Liz. Huge congrats on your engagement. How exciting.

Your all doing sooo well. Your inspiring me :D

Thanks Debs, just keeping going strong and hardcore for the wedding knowing i'll get a little treat then by walking down the aisle 2st lighter and getting some treat food that day. But coming straight back on the Cambridge on Monday but not going to weigh in until the Sunday so that I can get rid of some of the damage haha! Want this off forever now, don't want to go back!
Congrats Liz on your engagement! Now for a beautiful wedding to plan and another beautiful bride! x

Nothing like a wedding to get you motivated and in the zone. Maybe I should start dropping hints to the boyfriend! Hahaha

Haha, I waited long enough, 7 yrs!!!! It's good thinspiration for me to keep it off as wedding won't be until next year :)

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk11 -4lb again whoop
Wk12 -1lb

I've been with mine 6 years! I guess I've got another year of waiting! Haha

Haha, people either seem to wait less than 3 years or over 6. Fingers crossed :) x

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk11 -4lb again whoop
Wk12 -1lb

I know I am just panicking now. I dont know if I am being silly but I had my weigh in this morning after sticking 100% to plan and even doing my toning exercises 3 times a day whilst on the hen weekend... i've only lost 3lb in 9days. I was really hoping for 4 or 5... so feeling really disappointed! I am hoping that when I weigh in on Sunday I can lose a little more - maybe retaining water from flying. My automatic reaction though is to exercise more especially with only 25 days to lose 10lbs but my CDC has said maybe I am exercising too much! I am so confused! My first fitting on Fri/Sat and I do not feel confident at all!! HELP :( xxx

Hey Soph! 3 pounds is a great number. If it'd been only a pound or something lower, you'd have been ecstatic with 3 pounds. It's still a loss and a step closer to your target! I would just let the diet do its thing and lay off the exercise for a bit. It's inevitable and you'll have to return to exercise at the end of all this. But for now it could be slowing down your progress. Hope your fitting went well and that you're feeling more positive now? :) x

Last edited:
Morning, your all doing so well. I went for weigh in last night and lost 5lb so that's 12lb in two weeks, which is great, but I thought it would have been a little more - as my scales at home say I had lost 7lb but hey ho, much better than any other diet and am now in the 15's instead of 16's which is nice. still feels such a long way to get to 11 stone, but looking at you doing this makes me feel better. How did you find the 12 week on sole source? did you eat at all in all that time? Debs

Fantastic loss Debs! Take it a day at a time and you'll see the days turn to weeks so quickly. It's honestly surreal how time flies once you're in the swing of things! The weight drops so fast as well that it'll motivate you to keep going.

I did sole source for ten weeks and sole source plus for two weeks where I got to eat protein and veg (on weeks nine and eleven). I'm now just finishing my first week on step two. :)

Sounds like your doing fab. Week 13 now for us. I lost a lb last week. My losses have slowed right down :-( Only 8lb to go for me so guess thats why. I had the weekend off because of my boyfriends birthday on sat and then woke up Sunday and my boyfriend proposed :) So had Sunday off to as wanted to celebrate. God knows what I put on, I'm not checking the scales until sat but will be happy to lose a lb this week!!! Hope your weeks going well x Wk 1 -8lb Wk2 -6lb Wk3 -3lb Wk4 -4lb Wk5 -3lb Wk6 -3lb Wk7 -3lb Wk8 -STS :-( Wk9 -STS :-( Again Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol Wk11 -4lb again whoop Wk12 -1lb

Hey hun! Congratulations, eek! So exciting - you must be on cloud nine! I've been with my other half for over 7 years now, so hopefully my time is coming soon, haha! And I'll be looking damn good when it happens, lol! ;)

How's step two going for you? Are you back into routine after your day off? I've changed my weigh in day to Sundays now. So I'll see the results of my first week on step two tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a big number! X

Hi Hun! Yeah that's very true I didn't think of it like that! I was thinking yesterday how much I love my exercise at the mo - if anything it will be muscle building that stops me losing but then that's a good thing for when I come off plan anyway! Fitting went well - dress was too big!! ?. Having final fitting on 19th April so still a few weeks to get some more off hopefully! Got weigh in in an hr ?. How are you? X

Day Ninety-Eight: Step Two: 12/4/14

Hey all!

So today marks the end of my second week on step two. I've been feeling a bit down this week as my last weigh in showed my weight go from 66.8kg to 66.9kg. I've followed this diet meticulously to plan, for the last fourteen weeks. So it was really disheartening to see a gain after my first week on step two, as small as that gain may be.

I have my next weigh in tomorrow morning and I'm hoping for a better number. I'm really keen on moving up to step three. But with 6.8kg / 14.9 pounds / 1.07 stone still to lose and with last weeks rubbish number setting me back, I may have to stick it out on step two for another week or two.

My consultant said I can do a maximum of four weeks on step two and a maximum of two weeks on steps three and four, as I'm in the stabilisation stage of reintroducing food back into my diet. I feel that if I rush into steps three and four, I won't shift all the weight, by the time I get to the end of the diet. But I don't know if I have another week or two in me to get through step two. :( x

Back