cambridgedieters.com site

could be many things, really. It's only as reliable as the engineers controlling the hardware. Could be changed firewall settings, blown memory, too small memory, many many options.

I guess all Kerensa can do is try to kick the US company hosting the site on one of their servers, to exclude any hardware possibilities, before you can look at the software and coding side of it.

We'll see. Come time, come solution.

Naughty Helen.........are you ghosting tonight naughty or just stealing the candy - see you later

Still no Pink Forum

I think Sallies made a really good point
I think its about time they gave volunteers some credit and allowed the people with the skills to do it and put it right then we could all get back to our loved Pink

I am fully aware that the mods on pink do a fantastic job but if they haven't got any admin powers no matter how good thier intentions they will not be able to access the admin control panel and see what can be done....
it may be that they have to shift to another server,,,but I did think bulletin was quite a reliable board,
I use Proboards and thats never let me down and I have numerous forums over the last 4 years...

SO PLEASE HURRY AND GET PINK BACK

Hopefully Kerensa will sort it tomorrow:)

owwwwwwwwwwwwwww thats so curious I just did a reply to this and it made a totally new thread...and it wont let you copy and paste on here..I can never understand all the restrictions that forums have..

mse.com is back on line!!!!

Yayyyyyy!

Hi Sue,

Minimins is a great place to be and you can use both forums, that is when the Pink one is up and running again.

Both offer a lot of support, help and friendship and work in tandem with each other.

Both forums have great respect for each other.

Linda

Yep you cant beat using both there is so much more to do on this site, but the pink site i think is a little more cosy and not so busy.

I have just spoken to Kerensa who is currently in London with some of our dieters. Although she is not in the office the problem is being investigated it hasn't been put on hold.

The IT problem is being looked into by our Web host. The Web host is in the USA to date they cannot find out what the problem is but are working on it.

Kerensa is back in the office tomorrow and I am sure will respond to you in person on this thread.

Linda

Before I forget, Linda

nothing was supposed to be a personal witch hunt in any respect. I am sure everybody (incl. Kerensa) will do what they can. It related to the organisational shortfall.

Needed to get that off my huge chest

Hi Olli,

No one thinks its a witch hunt, even if it is Halloween and me broomstick is well oiled and ready to go.

It is mega frustrating for all when something like this happens and I know I have said it before but there is a lot on the way, it takes time and has to be fitted in around everything else that is exploding in CD world.

I do defend Kerensa as administrator of Cambridgedieters was thrust upon her, after all she is our PR Executive not an IT expert, however, the forum had to be kept up and running. Who knows what the future holds with the forum and the shape it will take on All I ask is patience, here on Minis we all have a safe welcoming haven and the same applies for Minis member visiting Cambridgdieters.

I have been a counsellor for 20 years now and there are only 2 forums I would ever recommend this one and Cambridgedieters.

Each offers a different service but both are interchangeable.

Linda

Last edited:
If there are any pink people reading this, i'm going on the chat room at aprox 8.20pm......so if anyone wants to chat i shall be there!

catch u later

Helen x

Back