Step 1 Sole Source Cami's Diary

Holy Toledo! That is fantastic - so well done!! I did say that you'd be pleased with the loss and really motivated! I love being proven right! :D

CD is incredibly difficult on your social life. Also at work as well. Ah well, the idea is to stick with it and the lbs will come dropping off. You are living proof!!!

I've been lucky and had nothing on socially. However... this weekend i have my son's birthday meal at the local Harvester and a bbq on Sunday! May not be so good then! lol! xxx

Also this diet is fab for my work!! I don't usually get a chance to have lunch so just having a milkshake carton and water is perfect! xx

Don't worry too much about the social events. Some people bring CD stuff with them, some just eat salad and/or protein (ie chicken breast). As long as you stay away from carbs (bread, pasta, potatoes, candy, sugar) and drink plenty of water, you will probably still lose weight, just a a little slower rate. And dealing with social situations is one of the things you've got to learn, esp when you have quite a bit to lose.

Good that you're still engaging in life tho! My CDC told me of one of her clients who never wavered from CD for several months - but also never went out, didnt' see friends, family, didn't do anything. When she finally got to goal, she went a little nuts going out partying and dining, etc. My CDC unfortunately expects to see her back.....

I'm off to France tomorrow for 3 fun days of meetings. And I don't even get to eat French food or drink French wine! Sigh....

Not posted for a while...

This weekend i had my first social do's! My son's birthday meal on Saturday and a friends bbq on Sunday. I felt really guilty after eating out for my son's birthday but boy it was good! I tried to make sensible choices but did fail on trying to avoid carbs by having a small jacket potato and a bread roll :( Sunday i drank diet pepsi and had one sausage and some salad.

I'm due on this week too so wasn't looking forward to my weigh in today. Got on the scales and was very pleasantly surprised to see i'd lost 6lb!!! So that's 17lb lost in 2 weeks! Very very happy bunny today!!

Plan for the week...

to stick 100% to the plan... as my oh is due home on Friday and i would love to be below 17st when he sees me!! I just haven't seemed to have got below that since i started losing weight 2 yrs ago! So fingers crossed this week is the week!

I hope everyone else is doing well and had a great weekend xxx

Glad you're still going strong! Your loss may slow down a little bit for the week, but I'm sure you'll make it up in no time!
Congrats for hanging in there!!!

It's TOTM coming up too so i always gain at that time... am not expecting much of a loss at all even though i've been pretty good. If i get a craving for food i have a pickled onion! Not sure why but that eases my craving lol !

How are you doing Tizzy? x

Oh my god!! You still lost 6lbs even after eating those things is amazing!!! I'm so jealous

I'm doing ok. Just back from a business trip in France, where I lost more weight in 2 days eating 2 CD products and salads than I did in the 3 days prior when I was 100% CD. Go figure!
Have had a strawberry shake this morning - my first shake in 2 months as I kinda went off them - and now need to get 2ltrs of water in me in the next 3-4hrs. I'm going to No. Ireland this weekend to meet a baby boy (and of course see his famly). Need to be careful to stay on track - travelling can be a challenge!

How're you? Still on track and looking forward to being under 17st for Friday and OH? :)

Hey Cami - where'd you go? And how're you doing? I missed your update for your weigh-in and by now you might have had 2!! Hope all is well - get back on here and let us know!!!

Hey Tizzy!!!

Sorry i've neglected this post! I wasn't well last week as i had a tooth and ear infection :( so i put on 2lb. But weighed in tonight and have lost 5lb so that's 20lb in 4 weeks so very happy! My OH went away for 7 weeks today so i'm hoping to get into the 15's by the time he gets back!!! Only have a couple of social events planned so am hoping i can do it!

How are you doing? xxx

Fat me 1.jpgIMG_0586.JPG

Thought i'd put some pics up! The first is me at my heaviest 23st 3lb....then the second just before i started CD weighing in at 18st 8lb will get another done when i get to 16st! xxx

Oh my goodness - what a difference in the 2 pictures ... and you are so pretty! Clearly CD is very good for your overall health, but for you - I think you're going to be a catwalk knockout! :)

7 weeks - by the time your OH comes back, you will have changed yet again - he'll be coming back to a new woman! How exciting! And you're doing fab so far - good for you!!!

Keep posting - it's wonderful watching your progress!

Awwwww Tizzy thanks!!

Have struggled this week.... i had a weekend away last weekend and put on 3lb (by my scales) so was really chuffed to weigh in with CDC and have lost 5lb!!! But it has taken me all week to get what i put on off!! Just shows you doesn't it.

It does make me worry about coming off this diet and maintaining though. I wasn't intending on staying on this diet until i got to goal,... just until the end of November then think about going to WW. I need to start exercising... although my CDC said just very light exercise... but i can't see how that will do me any good!

How are you doing Tizzy? xxx

Wow 5lbs! Good for you! Seems you were able to handle your weekend away very well.

Not sure why you wouldn't stay on CD til goal - especially if the steps out of CD help you learn how/what to eat and how much in order to maintain. For me the steps will be important to learn the effect of re-introducing carbs, when to eat them (ie morning/lunch, but not at night) and to figure out how many calories I need / day to maintain, because for use it isn't 2000!!!

I have been exercising from day 1 (was going skiing when I began and wanted to be in good shape), and I'm glad I have. As I get smaller, I can see my muscles come through, I feel strong and toned (tho' I do have loose skin in places) and I'm convinced the exercise helps boost my metabolism and losses, esp now.
Recently I've started Pilates a couple of times a week as it targets your core muscles (torso) where I still have too much fat.

My CDC advised me to give up exercising at the beginning, because we take in so few calories. Instead, I have a hard-boiled egg, or some grilled chicken, on the days I work out - had to do this as otherwise I got quite dizzy. :)

I'm doing well, thanks. Was in France most of the past week for work and was pleased to see that, on my own scale, I lost 0.5lbs, despite 2 meals with clients and 1 with the work team. Eating salads, veg, protein and no bread/potatos, does seem to work....amazing!

Yes i think i am definitely going to get exercising and will take your advice of eating a little something too.

I weighed in this morning.. a day earlier than usual as my CDC is having an op tomorrow and lost 4lb! So pretty happy with that!

I was originally only going to do the diet until the end of Nov as that's when i graduate. Money is one reason why i was only doing the diet for a few months but i am toying with the idea of going back on it again after Christmas. And probably will now as i am finding it fairly easy. Then will do the correct steps on coming off sole source.

You've done great after being away in France! Well done you xxx

Blimey didn't realise how long it had been since i posted on here last!!!

Am doing ok!

Due to my migraines getting really bad my doctor wasn't happy with me staying on sole source so i am now on the 810 plan which i am finding so much easier! It was my first week on it last week and i lost 6lb! The week before i had a real wobble and had put 2lb on (was lucky it was only 2!!!) was really down in the dumps but a friend of mine helped me through it! And i'm back on track!!

Just over 2 weeks until my man is home and i can't wait!!!! I have lost nearly a stone and a half since i last saw him so he better notice the difference lol!!!

Did join a team on here but it's fizzled out with people leaving through finding the diet too tough.

I was originally only going to stay on the diet until the end of this month but i've changed my mind! lol! I'm going to stick with it until i am at goal and come off the diet using the steps suggested by CD.

I'm actually enjoying the diet more now i can have some food, it suits me sooooo much better!!

Hope everyone else out there is doing well

xxxxxxxx

Wow! You are going to look so different when he gets home - have you given him any hints or will this be a total surprise for him?

Glad to hear 810 is going well. I am considering doing 810 as I workout alot and am getting dizzy on a regular basis now. After a while I think 500 is just not enough calories and my losses are really slow or crap!

You go Camilan! You're doing great!

I feel soooo much better doing the 810 plan and the first week i done it i lost 6lb! I was so worried that my eating i wouldn't lose as much but i need not have been so worried!!! I seriously need to start exercising now so really need to be eating and my migraines seem to be easing off now.

I gave in and told my other half how i'm doing! I was wavering and i knew he was the one who would get be motivated again and i was right!!! He can't wait to see 'the slimmer version of the woman he loves' in his own words!!! Can't wait to see him walking through those doors at the airport!!! I'm really missing him and am surprised that i haven't turned to food for comfort! But so proud i haven't! 2 weeks tomorrow and he'll be in my arms again!!! :D

And Tizzy you're doing fab too!!! Why not try the 810 for just a week to see how you do? The extra calories should definitely make you feel a bit better after exercise.

xxxxx

Back